View Single Post
voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
Some girls do it for attention, some girls really don't know how beautiful they are.
Personally, I've created a separate persona from myself, and she's the one that accepts compliments and notices how beautiful and confident she is. Some how though I can only do it under the guise of the persona. As myself, I'm not confident, I'm not sexy or beautiful.
I 100% relate with this. I unfortunately have to do the same.

Even when I'm not feeling like the confident, beautiful side of me, I've learned to just accept a complement and say "thank you." Even when I don't understand why the other person sees this in me. Saying thank you is simple, it won't make the other person feel bad for their sincerity being rejected, and it doesn't come across as a conceited response.

I feel bad for the girls whose self esteem is so low that their image of themselves is so distorted. Yes, some girls do it for attention, but a lot of them don't. Because of all the images in the media, it's not hard to feel as if you don't measure up, and if you don't have these qualities, you are not pretty. It completely changes the image you see in the mirror if you get caught up in what you don't have rather than what you do have that is already beautiful. You can see an entirely different person, to the point that would leave others flabbergasted.