Thread: GnT: The OOC
View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-24-2014, 04:30 PM

Accepted Female Characters

✘ - - - - - - - - - - 腐食/Corrosion

≫ This is the name on my birth certificate ≪
Anna Elizabeth Fletcher
≫ But at camp I want people to call me ≪
Anna
≫ As you can tell, I'm a ≪
woman
≫ I was born ≪
December 8, 1991 (I'm 22)
≫ And I want to fall in love with a ≪
handsome man
≫ Oh, I'm from ≪
Blossburg, Pennsylvania, USA

As far as appearance is concerned, this is what I have to say...
Probably the first word that escapes the lips the moment someone sees me is something about how tall I am. Despite being female, I'm 5-10. I'm the youngest of four in my family, falling behind my brothers Lawrence, Rynn, and Quinton, respectively. Having grown up with three boys, my mother made certain that I never picked up their surly ways for she wanted me to be a prim and proper princess. I didn't want to have that so I would sneak out and brawl with the boys just before supper each night. It's how I have these muscles on my arm. I also learned how to run away from them, so my legs are just as sturdy. Still, I had to be careful not to lose my dainty figure for mother just wouldn't have it. I kept my body lean and, to my despise, grew into a 34-B bra. Mother jokes that they'll grow to a C during my mothering years, but I keep telling her I'm not interested in being a mother. I just want to live alone so I can travel the world.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me take a few steps back and share some more details about just who I am, at least on the outside. I have fawn-colored hair. During the winter seasons, it tends to look darker, picking up hints of red. When the sun stays out longer, my hair picks up more golden highlights. I have blue eyes. I'm not talking dark blue or light blue or gray blue either, I'm saying blue-blue. I usually dabble in some light make-upping so I can highly my frail blond lashes. I turn them black with mascara and I draw a light edge around my eyes to make them pop a bit more. I can't wear blush or foundation as I'm allergic to it so my eyes are all I play with. My lips? Well, I do splash on some watermelon pink from time to time, but that's only when mom gussies me up for church.

I wore a side braid before Katniss Everdeen made it cool. My classmates sometimes tease me about it, saying I'm a Katniss rip-off, but my true friends know I was wearing my hair like this long before the Hunger Games hit the shelves and theaters.

Prior to college, I wore dresses all the time. No, not the sexy dresses, I'm talking the dresses you might see from the 1800s. My mother is very old-fashioned and thought it was a good idea to throw me in such clothing. She, ahem, didn't want me 'playing with the boys' just yet. Funny how now, at twenty-two, she's nagging me to get one. I don't want one so I rebel by wearing baggy cargo pants and military-inspired jackets. I usually slip on a t-shirt or cami to cover up my bust.

So there you have me, in a nutshell. Shall we dive a big deeper and discuss who I am now?

Personality wise, I'm...
I'm naive, straightforward, and quick to react, whether that be offensive or defensive is up to the conversation and moment. I figured it was best to start with my shortcomings so I could get them out of the way. Seems that people always dwell on those and, quite frankly, I don't understand why. Just get them out of the way and move on.

Oh, I'm noisy and I'm told I can be disgusting. I grew up with three, farting, burping, booger-picking brothers. What would you expect? Me to told in my toot and hope it passes? Nope! I'm going to run over to your lap (assuming you're my best friend or brother) and plant that juicy fart right on your leg. Not very lady like of me? Does this look like the face of someone who cares? No, I'm afraid not.

I think that about sums up my 'downfalls.' Perks? Crap, I left one out. I'm moody. Raging hormones do that to a woman. One minute I'm happy as could be and the next... well, I'll let your mind play out your worse nightmares.

Okay, now we're free to move onto little ol' me. The redeeming qualities and such. The ones you want to put on your resume, or at least bring up in the interview. First and foremost, I'm honest. If you ask if that dress makes you look fat and it does, I will tell you. Now, I will be sincere and nice about it. I'll give you tips on how to fix it. But I'm not about to lie and allow you to stomp around all bridezilla like on me. I'll fix you before the world destroys you, okay?

Some call me prude and, yes, I am. I grew up not having a boyfriend and not wanting one. I don't want one because I want to travel the world and be wild and free. I spent too many of my years pent up in the house learning how to be all lady like. I also went to church on Sundays. No, it's not what you think. I'm not that kind of girl. I enjoyed church and I wouldn't take back those Sundays if I could. I think church helped me discover my virgin mind and desire to assist those who need it (I'm talking about the dress thing again).

Let's see... I'm a hardworker. I grew up on a farm and helped with the heavy lifting. I also made sure the garden was always weed-free and watered. I guess you could say I'm neat and tidy, as I had to be to keep the garden afloat. I'm one of those 'task-oriented' individuals, too. People are great and all, but... if I have a job to do, I'm doing it -- with or without the team.

Whelp, I think that about sums up Anna Elizabeth Fletcher. Shall we move onto why I'm here?

So why did I apply for camp? Well, let me explain...
It's complicated. You see, I wanted to visit Japan but mom didn't want me running away to the other side of the world. Naturally, she had my older brother Lawrence google some things in the area and he stumbled upon the camp. Mom, being computer illiterate, sent the camp a letter explaining why she wanted me to attend. I literally finished up college just in time to return home to pack up and fly out to Japan. Mom considered this 'camp' my 'reward' for graduating. I'm not too sure of the camp's details, but the idea of camping in Japan does sound fun. Besides, what's the harm in going? It was free after all (okay, so it's a bit sketchy but I have a classmate from the area who claims the camp is legit).

On the topic of me, I should probably explain my past...
I don't want to get into too many details as I don't want my past to really mare up everything I've worked so hard on projecting, but I suppose I should touch on a few things here and there. At least, there things I haven't already brought up.

Graduated top of my class. Wasn't too hard, though. We only had about 80 kids in my grade, most of which never wanted to go onto college anyway. So I graduated and went to Rochester Institute of Technology for its Fine Arts Photography program. Absolutely loved the Brick City! The school requires co-ops (cooperative work experiences) and I was lucky enough to travel to California for a 6-month work internship for a fashion company. My other co-op wasn't as glamorous (it was my first) and it was only a 3-month gig in Chicago. I snuck in one more co-op in Alabama. Wasn't the worst job, but it wasn't the best either. Oh, at RIT you need to have a 'concentration' in something. I picked communications, figured it was the closest to my degree.

After graduating, I went home and well... now I'm on a plane to this summer camp. After came, I hope to travel some and build up an album. I really want to be an independent artist. Although, working for National Geographic would be pretty sweet, too.

For fun, I'll let you in on a little secret...
I have this fear of... well, being hurt. There's a reason I'm still single and have never kissed a boy before. I don't want to get hurt. I don't want to cry because some guy broke my heart. I don't want to chase after someone because my life requires his presence to exist. I just... I just don't want to feel so... weak and frail. Still, being alone takes its tolls on you. Sometimes I wonder, is my loneliness worth it?

✘ - - - - - - - - - - This is my partner, Takeda

≫ My guardian is blessed by the Japanese deity ≪
Uzume, she is the goddess of dawn and revelry
≫ Because of this, my guardian wield's the power of ≪
intoxication and corrosion

Let me explain my guardian some...
Razor sharp claws, long saber tooth fangs, poisonous stinger tail, and nasty pincers. My guardian mauls the titans to death or kills them with its venomous touch.

As far as partners go...
Not really a huge fan. I absolutely hate creepy crawlers. I would consider a scorpion-cat a 'creepy crawler with whiskers.' Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful, but I would have preferred a horse or dog.

Now, a guardian is great and all, but sometimes you just need to take things into your own hands...
When that happens, I use a, god this is so cliche, a bow. Go ahead, call me Katniss! I swear, I'm not that good. I certainly can't skew something through the eye. **Author's Note: Might change weapon to something less cliche....**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOS Duke
✘ - - - - - - - - - - 地球/Earth & Life

Constance Eloise Baxter
Constance
Lady
≫ I was born ≪
July 19, 1991 (I'm 23)
Lovely Young Man <3
≫ Oh, I'm from ≪
Bay View, Michigan, United States

It's such a wonder that someone as amazingly cool as myself could ever exist! The 5''7" tall body that resides my very soul is made up of the sure awesomeness that makes up the rest of me in mind and body. Hmm? Oh, ok, I'll be a bit more serious I guess... For a little while anyway...

Though tall and slender with a curvy waist, I don't really have the usual 'assets' that most women have that draw the attention of most males. Tis fine by me though! I have long red hair that falls past my bottom and crimson eyes(a very red brown, but they really do look red!). My parents were never thrilled about the odd hue that my eyes took so they insist that I wear colored contacts; surprised they decided to keep up with that with the number of times we've had to see the doctor over issues with them. No, I won't go into anymore detail and yes, though peroxide solution cleans lenses amazingly, it stings, really bad.

Though slender, I have taken part in activities like dance and gymnastics for years; it was a ploy from my parents to get me to behave like a good child, but we can go more into that later!

Clothing-wise, I do dress kinda girly? I layer my clothes, mostly so I can have something on my legs under the sundresses that line my closet; don't get me wrong, I think they're really pretty, you just can't do much in them... I just like to dress to have fun I guess? I don't know. I don't even know what you want me to say anymore... What were we doing? Is it time to eat yet? I'm starting to get really hungry.

Personality wise, I'm...
How many times must I tell you that I'm awesome?! Oh, I see, you've already realized this, well then, let's move on!

I will be your best friend! No, seriously, I will; I will learn everything about you and we will always hang out and have fun! Don't worry if you can't keep up with me, you can take a breather and I'll wait for you. If you get lost? Don't worry, I'll call for you until I find you again!

If my parents were to tell you about me, they would probably say that I don't listen, I'm too loud, clingy and sarcastic. But hey, it's not my fault that I just like to enjoy life now is it?

No worries though, people can say what they want but they will not bring me down! And don't you worry, I'll make sure they regret ever thinking of saying anything bad about you!

Oh, but I do want to tell you about- What? There's what? No, I don't see- Wait, behind me? ... No, I still do see anything. Anyway! I'm a super, top secret ninja! Don't believe me? Well fine, I'll just prove you wrong like I did so many others before you.

Why not? It seemed like a fun adventure and a new land to explore! Ok, so maybe it was my parent's idea to keep me from coming over on the weekends, but when I saw the pamphlet about it, I practically flew myself there! Michigan is getting far too stuffy anyway, I know I live near the tunnel of trees, but you can only ride your bike in it so many times before you start naming things and memorizing trees.

My family actually moved to the United States from Romania when I was still a child, but with visiting family and them coming to visit I still have a bit of an accent; to make it easy, it sounds like a mix of the Russian and Australian accent.

To look a bit more in the closer time frame, my parents wanted a boy when I was born but they were graced with the lovely me! Ultrasounds had even said that I was a boy originally so they had pre-named me Constantine. Oops! Shortly after I was born was when my family moved to the United States.

I am the one and only child for the Baxter family (yes, we changed our last name when we moved over, it was just easier that way). Have no fear though, I kept my parents plenty busy! I made sure that they were able to dress me as a pretty little girl, but I had the personality of the son they wanted so bad. As a child I had way too much energy, though I don't see how I've changed since then... My parents enrolled me in gymnastics and dance to try to burn off that energy, but it wasn't enough so they had to enroll me into different martial arts schools as well. Though I can't say that wore me out anymore...

I always did well in school, even for being so wound up. Well, when I wasn't sleeping, I was teacher's pet then! I never tried in school, not sure if my parents found out, but then again the number of calls the school made home about me probably hid that little factoid from them~

I've since graduated from school and have been enrolled in a culinary school. I love food, it would probably be one of my biggest passions aside from my corgi Kaname. He's my best bud in the kitchen and helps me make sure that the food does indeed taste good. Ahh, life is wondrous.

I'm terrified of the dark... Twenty-three years old and I still sleep with a nightlight, multiple on occasion. Maybe it stems back to my high schools days at the private academy... They did warn me not to head out at night, that the curfew was in place for a reason... Nah, that shouldn't have anything to do with it at all~

✘ - - - - - - - - - - This is my partner, Hanbei

Uke Mochi, goddess of food
Earth/Life

He's a tiny little guy, cute as a button, but don't let that fool you! His little pouch is his bag of tricks, think of Felix the cat! Though for him, his items are either food, food related, or made of food. I can't say that I can complain! He can also faintly manipulate the Earth, but only a little bit; he can't go breaking mountains in two or anything like that.

Oh! He also has those sharp little puppy teeth! Just like needles those things are...

As far as partners go...
Best. Guardian. Ever. He reminds me of my Kaname and so I call him as such; the name seems to be growing on him.

Now, a guardian is great and all, but sometimes you just need to take things into your own hands...
Well, I do have black belts in a few different martial art styles and I was also trained with the Sai, so I would say I'm pretty well managed~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer Of the Future
✘ - - - - - - - - - - 火災/Fire

Evelin Ivory Ashmore
Eve
Female
≫ I was born ≪
Feburary 5, 1993 (20)
Male
≫ Oh, I'm from ≪
Tokyo, Japan

I know, the hair. I am an artist. Have been ever since I was young. I’ve always been the girl to express herself with color. So my hair reflects me, bright, cheery, a bit random, and beautiful. My skin in pale white, mostly because I am usually painting or drawing away in my art studio, and just don’t tan for some weird reason. My eyes are silver, with a slight hint of blue. Odd, but I love them. As for style, it depends on my mood. Just artsy and out there really.
Personality wise, I'm...
I tend to be a happy, random, artsy girl, with a side of humor. I am very straight forward, and I’m not a fan of people snobby or too caught up in petty things. There seems to be a lot of those now a days. Anyway, I am a pretty chill person, but if you set me off…. Damn. I would run. Personally, I am the one person who will make you fear ever pissing someone off. I am not a good person when angry. Other then that I am very sociable.
I came to camp because my parents want me to get out of my studio. They say its great that I am making money and living on my own, but I just don’t get out and meet people. I tend to like being alone, not that I don’t like people. Thoughts just flourish better when I am not distracted. So yeah, I am here to hopefully make some friends. Or at least try to for my parents. On a bright note I hope to see some hot guy bodies. That would make this thing worth my while. I love drawing nearly nude figures!
My parents teach English here in Tokyo. Both are great, they are funny and treat me well. I was a normal little girl. Until the cancer struck. I was only 14 when it hit, and it was the worst thing of my life. Watching my hair fall out and my body grow week before my eyes was devastating. I used to be a good athlete and do fun things, but at that time, all I could do was lie around in pain. It was torture.

6 years I battled my cancer, and finally I won. I graduated high school, and I took one year of college. Decided it really wasn’t my thing and decided to go free lance. Freaked my parents out, but a ton of people dig my art so now all I have time for is art to get everything done on time. My hair grew out and I was finally able to dye it and style it for the first time in forever. So now I just express myself and love of life. Things are going great, except for my non-existant love life. But who needs that?
My main insecurity is people ignoring me and not liking me for who I am. I don’t like being left out and alone all the time. I do need people contact sometimes too. Plus I fear if I’m not around people, my cancer will come back because I wont feel human.

✘ - - - - - - - - - - This is my partner, Mori

Amaterasu
Fire

My guardian is a dragon, made up of all the different colors of light. As you can see he seems to have no eyes, but he will still find you, and he will still kill you. His claws and teeth are sharp and scary, but his main feature is to take on any form he wants. So if he wants to be a man, boom. He wants to be a fish, splash! The options are endless! He also tends to be sarcastic, and makes good jokes. He also is very touchy, he doesn’t like people very much unless they prove themselves worthy.
As far as partners go...
At fist, I was like, “HOLY ****! WHAT IS THAT?!!!” He really scared me there, thought I had a massive heart attack and some trippy illusion all in one moment! But I must say that I love his natural form, its so colorful and bright. It also makes him seem a lot like me, different and out there. Plus, dragons are the coolest things ever! After talking a bit with him, he also has an awesome sense of humor. We get together well.
So I shoot a compound bow. Remember when I said I was good at sports? I was the Tokyo archery champion for accuracy when I was a freshman in high school. Never really lost that talent, so I now use it as my defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezumie
✘ - - - - - - - - - - 精神/召喚 Spirits/Summons

Megumi Araragi
Megumi's fine, but only my friends call me Megu.
Girl
≫ I was born ≪
Febuary 14, 1993 (20)
Guy, probably.
≫ Oh, I'm from ≪
Ina, Saitama, Japan(Small Town that no one has heard of.)

I'm short as hell I'll tell you that. I'm only 5 feet no matter what I do. No amount of milk will make me grow any taller! I'm old, but my baby face makes me look so underage that I've had 16 year old teens flirting with me. I'm also a bit too skinny for my liking. I like to keep my hair long so it can cover my face, but my glasses get in the way and sometimes it looks a bit awkward. I have a lot of small scars on my arms and legs from a couple of accidents, but nothing too noticeable.

For the most part I look like some kind of scary living doll. I'm petite and pale, my hair is as plain as can be, and my choice of clothing is.... dolly and cute? I like to keep my best at all times, professionalism is something I'd like to keep up to my family name.

Personality wise, I'm...
I'm a bit two faced to be honest. At one side, I'm really shy. I don't really like to talk to a lot of people, and my circle of friends is very small. You would call it social anxiety, and you wouldn't be wrong, but I'm in the process of getting out of that, but I still have a hard time making eye contact with taller people. Friendship sounds like fun, but meeting new people doesn't

On the other hand I can be very sarcastic. A lot of strange things appeal to me, gore, horror, the occult, but at the same time it scares me. Sometimes I'm a bit of a sadist... I'd rather not offend any one, so I tend not to speak my mind, because I don't know if I could even stop if I started. So I'm very mixed in my feelings sometimes, but I know how to keep myself in line, so it doesn't tend to show on my face.

I always keep a calm and straight mind; strategy and quick thinking is my specialty. I plan a lot in my life, and ended up being quite organized, its very nice. Keeping a level head in times of crisis’s is one of my best qualities, besides being able to solve puzzles. I prefer to think realistically, for the real world calls for that kind of stuff, so I try to make the best of the situation as best as I can. Weirdly enough, I'm actually fearless in the face of death. It seems so objectified to me that I don't really care about it anymore.

Lets get to the downsides shall we? I'm a bit too realistic. If it seems impossible to me, I probably won't do it. Call me scared, call me lazy, but thats who I am. I'd rather not stick out in the world as some awesome person, if a few people notice me and love me for who I am then thats fine. People-wise, I'm terrified. Something in other people just doesn't call to me giving them hugs and such, so its safe to say that I'm not very affectionate either.

On the topic of realistically thinking, I also tend to think negatively, “I probably can't do that, thats impossible, it's not my cup of tea, etc,” I'm infamous for saying those things. Going out of my comfort zone rarely crosses my mind, but I'm not afraid of extreme sports: like skydiving and bungee jumping. What I don't like is doing something completely new. I don't want to be bad at it, even though its supposed to happen, so I choose to not try at all. I'm probably overly cautious, or a big worrywart, if you want it in easy to understand words.

It was supposed to be me an another friend camping together. I really wanted to try to reach out and make new friends though, and if my friend was going, then I was going. Unfortunately, we got into different groups, so I got stuck with a bunch of strangers. I'm still not sure who any of these people are-- they look like nice folk and all, but I feel really nervous about this whole thing. I rarely go out of the house, and to be camping in some new district with a bunch of other people? Not my cup of tea. My parents seemed to like the idea since I didn't do anything else with my life but study for school.

So let me tell you about my life. It wasn't very extravagant, but my mother has a really cool story behind her that I love sharing. So, she's from America, and is of Native American descent. She met my father, (who is Japanese-American) on a camping trip just like this one, and they seemed to hit it off right away. They exchanged mail addresses and everything when they had to part ways (because my Dad was headed back to Japan), and became pen pals.

Cute right? This was when they were young. 13-14 years old. Well, somehow they kept it up for years, and my mom decided to go visit him. After seeing each other for the first time in 5 years, they were delighted. They were 18-19 or so by that time, and they started dating. It was probably when they were 24-25, they decided to get married and live together in Japan. It was hard, because my mom had so much backstory in America, and has to leave a whole life behind. But if you saw her now she would shock you! She's so fluent in Japanese that she even taught and tutored me in English when I could speak. By the time I was in high school I was adept at both languages, and could speak properly. Around when I was 15, she and my dad took me to America to meet the rest of the family. I was so surprised at how different they looked, but they were so inviting and nice that I couldn't be bothered. Being the only child, I was the center of attention, getting remarks of being a beauty and whatnot, but I brushed it off.

I had to study to get into a good college. Mother had drilled into me by that point to do my best in college, and the rest will just fall into place, so I complied. Studying came first before friends, and I ended up not having too many. I lived life cautiously and safely, I didn't want to get hurt, and I didn't hurt others. I guess me myself was pretty boring. Somehow across the way, I stumbled across some occult websites, and ended up getting hooked onto the strange bone-chilling stories on these websites, and somehow made new friends. With these new friends we ended up going on dangerous adventures. We went into abandoned schools, into haunted forests, and went ahead to break every myth and ghost-related thing in existence in our small town. It was really fun then, but I got into a bunch of accidents and I eventually had to stop due to school.

Other than those capers, I didn't do much but study my ass off the rest of my life. It's not like they was anything else to do. It was a rural town, not a lot of stuff to do. Occasionally I would visit my grandparent's shrine and help out there, but most of the time I studied.

I'm afraid of trying something new, the unknown in the world, it scares me to no end. I don't want to do bad in anything I do, I don't want to fail in anything. Most of all, I don't want to lose those closest to me.

✘ - - - - - - - - - - This is my partner, Hattori

Inari, she is the goddess of success and life (spirits/summons)
Spirit/Summons

Do you see him?! Hes all bone and some sort of fire substance! Almost every part of him is extremely sharp to the touch and can pierce the skin at just that. Hes literally nothing but bones but something within his system makes him move together as a living being. I'm guessing its that blue fiery substance that I see holding the bones up; its probably what he actually is, but in order to aid me he had to conjure up some sort of physical body and this happened. Despite how fragile those bones look they're as hard as steel and somehow, he can swing them with the force of a wrecking ball. Basically his whole body is just a bunch of blades, burning fire and brute force.

He's able to call up allied spirits just by sending out a bit of his fiery substance in separate directions, but he says it takes up a lot of energy. The spirits do help fight and protect me though. I'm not sure how he does it but he can also summon wild animals to help us, from horses to small mice and birds, probably as escape. He tells me something about the aura in the world around me empowers him, and he can use this power as a defensive shield, or to shoot beams of dangerous energy.

As far as partners go...
I think he's really terrifying. He doesn't really like anyone else besides me though, but I'm not too keen on being so friendly with a guardian made of sharp bones. Hes also messy and clumsy, and acts a bit like a playful dog, it's kind of cute? I guess? The only problem is that he craves my attention, and mine only, and I don't really want to give it all the time. Me personally I don't think I'm very fond or close with him, but he seems to follow my every beck and whim.

He really wants me to ride on his back and other things, but its not very easy since all the bones along his back are sharp as hell, so I think I'll stick to horses or whatever. He likes to scare me by suddenly falling apart, only to rebuild himself again with that stupid bony grin he has. It's quite frustrating sometimes; he tends to go on his own and do what he likes. Ugh, I just hope I don't lose him or just end up dead trying to get him out of trouble.

A machete. I got accustomed to it when I used to go on those occult adventures in the forest, it's always been really handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain
✘ - - - - - - - - - - 治癒/Healing

Suzanna Alvey.
Suzanna will do fine, I can't stand being called Suzy.
woman.
≫ I was born ≪
July 11th, 1989, so I'm 24 for a short while longer.
man.
≫ Oh, I'm from ≪
Manchester, England (yes, I can speak with the accent, so sue me).

My dad used to say that I look just like my mother. I don't agree - she looks a lot more beautiful than me in the photos. For instance, her nose was smaller - I really don't like mine, but oh well. It could look worse.

Although I'm not red-head, I've got their complexion from my mother's family side - I usually burn, not tan, and I get a lot of freckles during summer, across my nose and cheeks. Sometimes, they don't disappear until middle of winter. I don't really mind.

I'm short. Like 5'5" short (although I don't stress about it, I don't like to be called shorty or kiddo), but I'm on the light side of weight scale, too, and have some muscles. But if I don't exercise and watch what I eat, I'd gain weight more quickly than others. I like to work out, but haven't had time for scheduled training for the past half year. I try to make up for it during weekends, though, but sometimes end up just sleeping in. My body shape isn't all flat and boyish as you could expect, although my curves aren't exactly to die for.

I've done some crazy things with my hair - dyed it in multiple colors and streaks, cut very short and grown out long, but currently it is in its natural brown color. I plan to let my hair grow now, perhaps shoulder-blade long. I'm trying to work on more girly look, you see. I usually dress in jeans, various types of tops and shirts (actual male shirts), jackets and vests. Skirt and dresses aren't really my thing, I don't think I look good in them (although I wish I did).

I adore crazy accessories and have a wide assortment of hats, earrings, hairpins, bracelets and such other things. I only don't like rings, it's hard to find ones that look good and fit on my small fingers. I have slender, nearly petite hands. I am not big on makeup, but I like to accent my eyes with eyeliner now and then. I really like my eye color, although it's common hazel.

As most tattoo artists, I have some tattoos of my own. This is on my left lower arm but this adorns my right shoulder. The lighting is bad in photo, they actually have same color scheme. I don't flaunt my tattoos like some people do, they're just part of who I am. When I am nervous, I tend to rub my left forearm where roses hide scars. I actually have a lot of scars all over my body, like a big one on my upper thigh, and except one they are self-inflicted. Usually, my clothes hide them and most of them look like random remains of injuries as they lack systematical placement. I am not ashamed of them anymore, but prefer not to talk about them either.

Personality wise, I'm...
Oh boy, this could get lengthy. It's not like I'm super complicated person, but I'll feel the need to explain everything thoroughly so I'm not misunderstood - I hate when that happens.

Well, I guess that's where I should begin since I already touched the subject. I have a large assortment of things that I'm afraid of - being misunderstood, judged and disliked (either physically, as person or both), myself being too judgmental and shortsighted. Those are psychological ones. Then there is fears of height, speeding and car crashes, freezing to death. I've got past the phase where they rule me, like I've bungee jumped and I can express myself freely, but I'll probably carefully observe for signs that would hint you dislike me and if I find them, stress about it for a while. But I'm not going to pretend to be different than I am just so you'd like me.

I usually manage not to give into these fears, so I'm not the person to stay in corner with wide, fear filled eyes. In fact, I'm moderately social and talkative - I enjoy a good company, but appreciate some solitude, too. I feel more comfortable among people I know than strangers. I'm certainly not shy, but I feel better after I've got to know others and have an idea what is their opinion of me. I will much rather talk about you than about myself (hah, as if you'd believe that after all this amount I've written about myself), although I know sometimes being open about my issues and life helps the other to loosen up.

I am not the nosy kind of bothersome person, though, I respect everyone's privacy and choices. Respecting others is in general a big part of me. Unfortunately, my temper does get best of me sometimes and if someone's a stuck-up prick or a bully, they're not going to get one bit of respect from me. I wish I could avoid passing judgement on them, too, but they seriously need an attitude adjustments, no matter what they've went through. Besides, some people are jerks just because they can and no one has stood up to them.

I can be headstrong and a bit of rebel - I don't take well to being ordered around rudely. But if someone assumes a thoughtful, responsible role of a leader, I don't mind following him or her. I don't think I would like such role myself, as I get nervous when I'm center of attention. However, if I had to (or will have to, as counselor), my perfectionist nature won't let me be lazy and ignorant about my duties or my group.

My friends, and even strangers, have called me compassionate and helpful. It's true I genuinely enjoy helping others. Doesn't matter if you need hug, someone to hear you out, tips for learning something or finding band-aid for your cut finger, I would gladly help you. Even if you fall in the 'jerk' category, but then I might be sarcastic about it. But I can't just pass by and let people suffer in any way. I get too emotional about other people problem's too - I can't cry about mine, but cry about stranger's stories.

I think I'm trustworthy, I never share a secret that's been entrusted to me and I don't talk behind anyone's back - if I don't like you for some reason, I will say it to your face. Rumoring and lying is something I really hate and try to avoid it myself.

I am also patient. I will take my time to learn something until I feel assured I am really good at it. I love good music, art and I definitely have a weak spot for animals. Art has always been my way to vent myself and even after making it my work in a sense, I can't get enough or 'tired' of it. It's very important to me.

My friends describe me as bubbly ball of random ideas that just doesn't stop until my chosen destination, but that's probably somewhat over-exaggerated. In truth, most of my decisions are usually well-thought over and reasonable. Still, it's true I am a bit afraid to stop now that I've actually started to go somewhere with my life, so I keep going and going, looking for new things to accomplish... I think I'm observant and, hopefully, I'm not dumb. I know I've made some bad decisions in my life, but everyone has, right? I think I can keep my cool in chaotic situation.

I must admit I'm kind of temperamental and emotional (sensitive, even), but I don't like showing it. I really don't like showing it, actually. That's one issue I have to overcome, since it ends up badly for me if I bottle my emotions for too long, but more about that in my history. So, when I let my feelings out, it can be rather explosive. Well, that goes for negative ones. I don't mind sharing when I am happy - I love to laugh and smile, do it a lot when in good mood. And usually, I'm in good mood if things are going calmly. Of course, mood swings occur, but I try to keep my sourness to myself. I also can't tolerate someone yelling at me. I get instant urge to be louder, to be heard. Bad trait, I know. I'm battling it.

Sometimes, there's slight difference between my personality and how my attitude is towards some people. Mostly because I believe each person needs individual access - some need nurturing and support, others need to get shaken up roughly now and then or a mix of both. I'm not rude or anything, just every now and then deal out truth (or what I assume to be truth) in a harsh manner. But that goes with previously mentioned straightforwardness.

One thing I certainly am not is flirty. I just don't think I have the sex appeal for that. So, if I took liking to someone, I'd probably get somewhat scared at first and eventually blurt it out directly, without dropping hints and silly winks.

Hm, I think I should stop here. It's not like I can describe myself from every single angle in every possible situation. You will just have to find out what I missed yourself.

This camp is perfect practicing place with its self-seeking purpose. I know there will be plenty of people who just want to have fun and party, so my personal goal is to find the ones who have issues and attempt to bond with them, help them. I am sure I will find out more about myself in the process, too. I was surprised counseling position doesn't require degree in psychology or counseling, but it certainly worked in my favor.

Although I stated that I'm from Manchester, I spent most of my childhood moving from one place to another, due to my father's work. I lost my mother when I was four to cancer, I can barely remember her and when I look at photos, it feels like I can recognize some scenes, but at the same time, I feel detached from them.

So, all my childish attachment went to him. He was my idol, my hero - everything that little girls often picture their fathers to be. I just wished he would be home more. He was stern, but very smart and kind. He knew just how to deal with me and my brother Joseph who is six years older than me. Joseph was always kind of wild and got in all kinds of troubles while I was the quieter one. I preferred books to TV, liked to learn and couldn't find much common with kids around my age. It didn't bother me much, since I had my dad and brother. Joseph did look at me more than minion than anything since I was gullible for a long time and did his pranks for him. Our relationships went sourer when I started to refuse to do his bidding or back up his lies.

And drawing... That always took up good deal of my time. I made illustrations for all my favorite stories and fairy tales and even dreamed of becoming a cartoon artist. As classes were sometimes boring for me, all my school notebooks were filled with doodles that I got berated about, but dad always laughed and encouraged me to continue drawing and imaging.

My father died in car accident when I was ten. It was horrible for me and it definitely broke something in Joseph, too. Maybe the cage that our dad had always put on him with his eyes that saw through all his lies, firm hand that landed on Joseph's shoulder and calmed him when he thrashed around in anger. Either way, after that he changed.

We moved to live with our aunt Emily - dad's unmarried sister - back in Manchester, since dad's fiancee Stephanie couldn't take us in, having no rights (but she did help us financially and I actually saw her in completely different, better light after dad's death). My life just went downhill from then. I was a chubby, nerdy kid that everyone picked on. Everything I said made them laugh as if I was weird. I missed my father horribly, I wanted his support and understanding, I didn't want to be alone and 'wrong'. I didn't know what to do anymore.

Now, if that would have been all, I could probably handle it. But life at home was hell. My aunt's a good person, but she couldn't handle my brother's pathological lying and rebelling. He stole money, got drunk and in trouble with police. Every day, there were argues and I had no one to talk about my problems. I just wanted peace, to fit in. My grades dropped and the kids kept mocking me because now I was 'stupid' and I felt ashamed, but couldn't focus on my studies anymore. We also had plenty of financial problems because of Joseph and aunt's low paying job. I didn't feel secure anywhere at all.

Of course, all of this didn't happen in one month or even just one year. I was down to the point I didn't want to go to school or stay home around age of thirteen. That is when I started to hurt myself when Joseph and Emily were screaming. First I chewed my lips until they bled, then I just kept kicking feet against table legs until I got bruises and eventually, cut myself. It brought and bound me to present moment, myself, helping me block out yelling and I could tell myself I'm crying because of physical pain, not because I'm pointless, worthless, empty shell. My notebooks were filled with depressive, suicidal drawings.

Joseph finally moved out when I was fifteen. And after few months, my aunt finally noticed the bruises and cuts, since I had stopped to go the extra length to make them in hard to see places - it's not like anyone cared, right? At first I lied to her, but eventually spilled the beans. She was shocked, but also felt very guilty. She contacted Stephanie behind my back about which I was very hurt about at first, but Stephanie payed for my therapy and I slowly got out of my dump.

It was - is - a slow process, but I managed to fix up my grades some. I was still goalless, though, but too embarrassed to admit it. I was ashamed of everything - the fact I wasn't brave my problems without harming myself, that I had failed to graduate as good as I could have - and my scars constantly reminded that to me. No therapist could get that out of me, they made me feel weaker than I was. I took up part-time job in a store, so my days wouldn't be as empty and I'd help Emily some.

When I turned eighteen, I had just one wish: to make my scars disappear. For that purpose, I went to tattoo parlour. There, middle aged tattoo artist listened to me carefully and asked if I realized that tattoo is a permanent thing. I answered to him that I don't think I could regret having tattoo any more than I would regret what I would hide underneath it. He took my arm and inspected it, looked at me and said in understanding kind tone: "Then let's turn these into something beautiful."

I started to bawl there and then and he comforted me by simply putting a hand on my shoulder as once my father used to. I think in that moment, I began my true healing. It helped me more than all of therapy I had went through. I realized, I still have a future, my ugly parts of life can be changed, become something that will overpowered by beauty I will let in my life. And I stopped to be ashamed of what I had done, my scars.

It sounds awfully cheesy, that's why I don't really share it, but after I got my tattoo, I realized - I want to be someone like that man. I wished to become tattoo artist. I kept working in store to pay for courses to gain certificate while looking for practice place. Jeff took me in and taught me a lot of things and after I got my certificate, I started working at his place. We split rent in two, it's really not that bad. I think he would like to become something more than just my friend, but I'm not quite sure I would like that. It could make things awkward, besides I'm not sure I feel for him that way... But I will just have to see when I come back from camp. Maybe I end up missing him a lot?

I've been working as tattoo artist for nearly three years now. It's not much, but in this time, I've grown up a lot. I've dared to do things and overcome my fears. And I think I've helped people. I've talked people out of getting their current SO's or ex's names or faces on their skin, I've let them cry out their pain about the break up, I've turned memories into beautiful and unique tattoos... Well, I could go on, but this gets more rosy with each word, doesn't it? I guess I just like to believe I do something important, even if on minor level.

Whatever the reason, people do actually talk to me often during the process, venting out things and some come back to thank me for the conversation, not just tattoo. So, I figured I'd like to get a degree in psychology. I'm not sure I would want to become psychologist, but knowing more about this all could help me with my client and myself, too. I attended two smaller courses over last year and plan to start attending this fall. Before that, I would like to test myself in the camp, however. Maybe that's not really the thing for me?

My biggest fear and insecurity is that I won't get over all my fears. Ironic, isn't it? As I stated previously in personality description, I have a lot of fears that make my life and believing in myself harder - sometimes it seems like I won't ever get rid of them all. I'm trying, though, and I think best way to do that is to help others, seeing what I am actually capable of.

✘ - - - - - - - - - - This is my partner, Naoe

Sukuna-Biko-Na
healing.

His powers are not as directly lethal as that of most other guardians, but by no means he is weaker than them. Normally, he isn't exactly material, but he can focus his power to create claws and teeth of energy that cut through flesh (and other things) just as good as those of actual snow leopard would or even better. It also means he is not as easy to harm in physical sense and to top it off, he is agile and fast. And let's not forget his wings.

Similarly, he can create strangely warm body for me to snuggle into when I need healing myself. His presence then soothes my pains and injuries quite literally. When it is other people that need help, his spirit enters me and grants me the ability to heal. I don't think we could regrow a lost limb or bring someone to life, but there's still a lot we could mend. On top of it, he brings knowledge of medical herbs to me with joining.

But besides this, he also dabbles into other aspect of goddess that blessed him - rain. I know he can adjust weather, calling forth rain or thick fog. It is excellent for hiding me, although the disadvantage is that it hides enemies, too. But then he can warn me, as the fog does not obscure his eyesight so much.

I think he could go through objects like ghosts, but I've not seen him do that. There hasn't been need for it, too. Sometimes, I wonder if I could climb on his back and fly, when he has more physical body. That would be amazing. I'll ask him about it sometime.

As far as partners go...
He is absolutely amazing. Ever since one of my clients wanted a butterfly winged ocelot as her tattoo, I've been kind of obsessed with concept of winged felines. Graceful and majestic on land and in air... The thought fascinates me. He fascinates me. He is wise, powerful, kind - everything one could wish their guardian to be. My trust in him is absolute.

When he joins me, I feel him as a separate mind and I associate him with a more human-like form, but I don't think he can actually assume it. It doesn't really matter since anyone who would think he is lesser creature just because he is animal-spirit truly would be a fool.

He seems to be very protective of me, sometimes expressing dislike for other campers that get too close to me, especially if I am hurt (physically or emotionally) and I'd call him possessive if he wasn't so caring. He is like a father protecting his cub, in my opinion. I think we're a team, a truly great one even, perhaps more bonded than other campers and their guardians as our minds actually join.

Back in my old life in England, I actually have a permit to have pistol for self-defense after some incident. So, I picked up a gun, here, too. It's called tanegashima, but basically is an arequebus, which is lighter than musket. Well, it still weights about 5 kg (11 lbs), but as mentioned I've got some muscle so it's not that bad. It's not as accurate as bow, but it has got way more power. I hope I never have to use it against a regular human. Besides this, I know some basic punching and kicking moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifex
✘ - - - - - - - - - - 光暗い/Light-Dark

Artifex
Arty
Female
≫ I was born ≪
December, 28, 1990 (23)
Man
≫ Oh, I'm from ≪
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

As pale as a natural red head can be, which of course, is excessively so. Let me put it this way, I do not tan. I'm either white or I'm red-a true Canadian! Ha! That said, even when it's hot out I tend to wear some sort of covering-usually a top with see-through sleeves, or straight up mesh.

My eyes, unlike the picture, are actually a greenish blue and I stand about 5'11" tall! Yeah, I'm probably taller than every girl here, you're probably jealous of my legs to, well deal with it!

Personality wise, I'm...
Some people call me a scaredy cat but there are certain things I just don't like. I don't like spiders, I can't stand small spaces oh! And blood. I can't see it, smell it, touch it *shudder* I can barely think about it without getting queasy. You have a paper cut? Take it somewhere else sister!

On a brighter note I love games! Especially brain teasers. Chess is so fun but nobody ever wants to play anymore so I usually have to go with sports or something else. I generally get along with everybody-some people call me a social chameleon because I can act a little differently depending on who's around but it's not on purpose I swear! I just love people of all kinds! My favourite thing to do in the world is bring a smile to someone's face.

I'm an adult now, well I guess I have been for awhile, but I've been pretty lost lately. I don't know what I'm doing with my life and to be honest, sometimes I just don't know who I am anymore. I lost myself a long time ago and until I can figure that out again... I'm stuck going nowhere.

I had a pretty good childhood growing up. Typical loving parents, plenty of friends but I had two really close ones. Anthony and Elizabeth. We did everything together, the three amigos, inseparable.

One day we were playing hide and seek, Lizzy was It so Tony and I took off to hide. We found this really great spot, an old shack-like place that had been boarded up. It was barely in bounds of the game but it totally counted, so we snuck in and tucked ourselves into a back closet and hid. I don't remember exactly how it happened because it was really dark in there but something snapped above us and a bunch of stuff fell. I was fine but I could hear something heavy had dropped on Antony's side. I called for him but he didn't answer, there was a sickly smell mingling with the dust in the air. I stepped forward into something wet and reached out in the dark.

My hand touched something wet and sticky and... hairy. It was Antony's caved in skull, somehow I knew exactly what it was and quickly retreated back to my side of the closet. I couldn't even scream, I tried and tried but every breath was filled with the smell of blood. I couldn't get the door open either, I was trapped.

I don't know how long I stayed there, hours probably. Lizzy had given up trying to find us and when we didn't come when she called, she had to get the grownups involved. A search party went out, whoever checked the shack must have seen the blood pooling out the bottom of the door, otherwise I'm not sure they would have found me at all.

Lizzy and I fell out of touch after that. I don't remember a whole lot of the next few years, we moved around a lot but eventually I started talking to people again.

Eventually I started smiling again, and now here we are.

I talk to myself sometimes, yes it's weird but it's like my voice is me and the voice in my head is... well... someone else. But I'm not crazy okay? Sometimes I just... sound crazy...

✘ - - - - - - - - - - This is my partner, Caeca

Izanami, goddess of creation and death
Light/Dark

There is no known form of Caeca, all that is ever seen of her is a series of bright masks where her own form is shrouded in darkness, unseen. The darkness can be shaped as her tools while the light is there for clarity and purpose. She is in all things, a part of all things, begins all things and ends all things.

As far as partners go...
Caeca is strange, on one hand I love her, she is warm and protective but she is just as easily harsh and cold and that can get confusing sometimes.

When it comes right down to it I like a small blade in my hand. I like to get up close and personal, to feel the life of my enemy, to hold their fate in my hands as they slip closer to death with every drop of beautiful blood.
Wow, where did I that come from? Oh no, if I was stuck without any powers I would probably just stay back. I'm not so good with face-to-face confrontation.

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-06-2014 at 02:39 PM..