YamiSora
~

Old 09-26-2015, 02:34 PM

I was just on here when I heard some yelping outside. I went outside and there was my dog one on one with another stranger dog. They fought until the stranger dog leapt through our gate leading to the front yard (and that's how I knew he got into the backyard.) Thankfully, both my 2 dogs were safe and my guard dog had a few scratches and bites on him, but nothing serious, thank god! The stranger dog had a collar on him, so he must have gotten loose around my neighborhood and for some reason, just decided to come into our backyard. Not something you wanna deal with at 6am!

Had anybody or any animal ever attacked your pets?

~<3YS~

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-26-2015, 09:11 PM

That's scary, Sora!!

My bunny stays inside unless I take her out on her leash, (yes, there is such a thing as a bunny leash) and we live out in the middle of nowhere so neighbor's pets don't come that close to her, so I've never had any experience with my bunny being attacked.
But that would scare the shit out of me if that happened. I get scared when my bunny runs into something and hurts herself.

A few months ago my bunny tried to take a jump and miscalculated and busted her lip and I got so scared I thought she was going to die.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-26-2015, 09:55 PM

yikes! how scary for you and the pups.
i hope y'all are alright
i'd clean out the wounds, even if they are small.
your guard dog protected everyone =3
*tosses all the pups some scooby snacks*

YamiSora
~

Old 09-27-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
That's scary, Sora!!

My bunny stays inside unless I take her out on her leash, (yes, there is such a thing as a bunny leash) and we live out in the middle of nowhere so neighbor's pets don't come that close to her, so I've never had any experience with my bunny being attacked.
But that would scare the shit out of me if that happened. I get scared when my bunny runs into something and hurts herself.

A few months ago my bunny tried to take a jump and miscalculated and busted her lip and I got so scared I thought she was going to die.
My brother and his girlfriend have 2 bunnies where they are and they stay inside as well. I don't think I could handle a bunny myself, I'm used to dogs and cats. Had a bird once but that didn't end up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
yikes! how scary for you and the pups.
i hope y'all are alright
i'd clean out the wounds, even if they are small.
your guard dog protected everyone =3
*tosses all the pups some scooby snacks*
Ha ha they love their snacks so they thank you! And I did clean the wounds and found he only had a slight bite mark on his leg, but he doesn't feel anything.

CrotchetyCrab
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2015, 08:07 AM

It's so hard dealing with animal fights. It's part of their loyalty and pride to do it, but it's horrible to watch it go down...

When I was a teenager, my two dogs got out of our property and onto the main road due to a gate being left open. We didn't know they had left until we heard one of them barking hysterically outside. When we when to look we saw only one of our dogs, and she led us to the road where our other dog, Nikki, was on the sidewalk, bleeding out everywhere.

Someone had driven by and, seeing her, smashed her head repeatedly with a spade. We suspect it was because she was a Rottweiler and the person was judgmental and cruel.

I remember holding her while we drove to the animal hospital. It was like 1am and nobody was in, but my father called the vet directly and pleaded for him to come.

Nikki did live, but she was easily confused afterwards. She often tripped and stumbled, as if her nerves were slightly damaged. She lived on for about ten more years though!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-27-2015, 04:42 PM

Omg, I'm so glad your dog survived, Crotchety! Even if she was a little worse for wear, it sounds like she got to live out the happy life she deserved.

Yami, is there anything you can do to the gate to keep that other dog from getting in again? I'd hate for that incident to repeat itself.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-27-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiSora View Post
I was just on here when I heard some yelping outside. I went outside and there was my dog one on one with another stranger dog. They fought until the stranger dog leapt through our gate leading to the front yard (and that's how I knew he got into the backyard.) Thankfully, both my 2 dogs were safe and my guard dog had a few scratches and bites on him, but nothing serious, thank god! The stranger dog had a collar on him, so he must have gotten loose around my neighborhood and for some reason, just decided to come into our backyard. Not something you wanna deal with at 6am!

Had anybody or any animal ever attacked your pets?

~<3YS~
I had a miracle toy poodle
He got out of the yard& went down the street& got under the fence where 2 lady pit bulls lived.
The owner came out when she saw them playing tug o war with peppy( my poodle) .
Incredibly, he lived.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 PM

Personally, if an animal just randomly started attacking MY animals, I'd try my hardest to beat the shit out of the animal attacking mine.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-28-2015, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Personally, if an animal just randomly started attacking MY animals, I'd try my hardest to beat the shit out of the animal attacking mine.
Agreed.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-28-2015, 09:57 PM

Sounds like a good way to get yourself attacked. Never come between two fighting animals. A better strategy would be to try to make some loud noises or something to scare them off. Bang big things together (bonus - holding big things makes you look bigger, thus less likely to be the next target) and yell. And stay near the door so you can run back inside if you get charged.

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2015, 09:44 PM

ah i hate that! thing is we get alot of foxes around my area so you'll often hear cats and foxes attacking each other... its really annoying since it only happens at night, foxes make some scary f-ing noises!!

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2015, 12:17 AM

Aww, I am so glad your dogs did not get seriously injured! I have two outside cats that wandered up and they get into fights with raccoons...and with each other sometimes...but those two cats are beasts or something; they never get injured.