CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-05-2016, 10:36 AM

I've been poking around the forum for a little while now and it just seems like there isn't that much activity anywhere~ o.o Like in the roleplaying forums, there are only 2-3 in each genre that have been replied to within the last month ._. It definitely seems like there is more consistent posting within the private 1x1 rps so is that the way to go?

It just seems oddly inactive around here, but I'm also new and may be looking in the wrong places~ :U so is there a certain place where all the buzz is happening? Or do I need to bring the party and start some cool stuff and get people involved? xD

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-05-2016, 02:36 PM

No, you're not looking in the wrong places. We've been struggling with inactivity for years. A lot of our users have left and we're pretty dead now.

Back when we still were happenin', I would see young users leave for Gaia because they thought earning gold here was too hard. The users I see leave now are newbies who probably forgot us and old users who have more pressing matters in their life to attend to. Well, of course, there are always the "why's it so HARD to get gold here?" complaints.

A lot of us loyal users say we stick around because we think of this site's community as a family. We're like a rural village where everyone knows each other. We're really kind to each other. But remember, even we are not immune to our share of family drama.
Me? I stick around because I am
super social on the Internet. This is another place where I can talk to people. I'm the polar opposite IRL.

If you want daily activity, your best place is Hangouts. Don't only post in one. Post in
a ton. You don't have to follow the current topic in that forum. Post whatever you feel like posting. I post whatever pops into my head and have gotten by like that for years. The aim is to start a new conversation since I often don't have anything to say to ongoing ones. I know that's scary when you don't know anybody. Start with making posts announcing your entry to the thread, perhaps. "Hi! What are we talking about?" "*rolls into the thread*" "*lurks in the shadows *" "Hello, (user's name)." Then, when you're feeling more bold and comfortable with it, you can just announce, "Man, I have this song so stuck in my head." "Well! That huge wind was random." "I am craving bacon so hard right now." "FAMILY'S VISITING. ABORT MISSION. THIS IS NOT A DRILL." "Ferrets are weird." Remember you can only post so freely in Hangouts, or else it's spam!

If you find this site boring, yes, it's a simple site. The star feature is the social. Chat around. Find your people. Make friends. See who seems like they have a lot in common with you. I personally am your girl if you like random silliness. If you're more into calm conversations about what you're doing IRL, you'll find your people easily. Do you like a little bit of both? That means you're versatile. Moar people for you!

I don't roleplay, so I can't help you out there.

tl;dr: Bring. The. Party.

EDIT: Oh my lord, the rumors are true. This post gave me a hundred gold…

Mihoshi05
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Mihoshi05 Send a message via Yahoo to Mihoshi05

Old 10-05-2016, 03:35 PM

I lost my laptop not long after joining here and I completely forgot about this place until now. I'm getting fed up with Gaia and was looking aournd for somewhere else to join. I remembered this place, but I couldn't remember the name until I went to google.

Telstel_Helper
Tel's Elf

Old 10-05-2016, 10:31 PM

Like Amane said, this site is more about community and keeping each other entertained in the Hangout forum.

Other places you can post and able to chat with the people there are the Charity, Marketplace, Quests (not so many quest threads are active at this time...) and General Discussions (salvete will almost always have a thread or 3 open a day) forums and once you get to know the people, you can have a look around the rest of the forums and see what is active, what isn't and maybe even open your own thread but so you know, not many people will post once you open.

Another reason for the lack of activity is a non-event period, there was suppose to be User-Run Event but was cancelled at the last minute as not everything was gathered and timing of the Halloween Event (as to how i have read it...) was moved for some reason.

In any case, when there is an event, people will flock to the Event forum and i suggest opening a thread there, yes it is temporary but people will be there and it'll be active. With sites like Mene, where posting is one of a very few ways to earn your currency, Event threads are your best bet not only that, but during the event you earn event currency and since that currency has limited time to collect and purchase the items you want, people are going to be posting like mad.

Believe me when i say this, these breaks in between events are a great breather and gives a much need rest.

I'm not much of a role player also, i prefer to play around in threads where it's ok to have some random silliness and still be yourself and chat about things, like friends do.

I hope Amane and myself have helped in some way, but as Amane said, post in the Hangouts forum threads and you will see what the people are like here.

Just remember to have fun and if you need someone to chat to, we are all here to lend an ear and a shoulder and chat with you about it if you want, there is a thread somewhere in this forum (in the subforums i think) where you can write letters to anonymous so you can vent, rant, whatever you need to let out and people won't look at it if that is how you want to deal with it, that is ok too.

Have fun and we are all here to support everyone and put a smile on their dial!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-06-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstel_Helper View Post
Believe me when i say this, these breaks in between events are a great breather and gives a much need rest.
THIS. Non-event time is bae.

Also, "put a smile on their dial" made me giggle.

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-06-2016, 08:48 AM

Oooh~ alright, I see! Thanks everyone for such thought out and complete responses! xD Makes sense. And thanks Amane for the tips, I'll try to slither my way into some hangout threads then. I definitely love being social on the internet, haha, especially since I moved away from my hometown a couple years ago so I don't have many local friends... @_@ I make some at college each semester but they're never the kind of friend that sticks around once you don't have classes together, lol.

And that's interesting about events, that sounds pretty interesting so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those! o3o And until then I guess I'll just chat around and earn some gold to get some cute clothes, lol.

I've definitely noticed the same handful of people that are posting everywhere~ xD I'll probably become one of those people. The talk is strong with this one... =3=

Telstel_Helper
Tel's Elf

Old 10-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Hehe, the more the merrier!

-pokes Amane-

You don't post in 4 sites doing the same event at the same time period...it gets worst when you have a shop open, which i will be doing for the halloween event... but back on topic...i like the break, gives me a chance to think of future dolls to premake and relax a bit more.

Last edited by Telstel_Helper; 10-06-2016 at 09:43 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-06-2016, 12:32 PM

*adds to the activity*

I try to start new topics every once in the while for people to share their thoughts or chat too <3

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-06-2016, 03:57 PM

Wow. That was the longest, most cohesive, soulful reply I have ever read from Amane.

Cookiemonstah, I don't know what the dynamic is in you that evoked such a reply from Amane is, but I think I might have this conversation framed by one of those fancy dancy frame shops.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-06-2016, 07:23 PM

congratulations Amane: on achieving a 100 goldies post <3

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 AM

LOL my topics are just fire af, I know how to stimulate those linguistic needs =^)

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Wow. That was the longest, most cohesive, soulful reply I have ever read from Amane.

Cookiemonstah, I don't know what the dynamic is in you that evoked such a reply from Amane is, but I think I might have this conversation framed by one of those fancy dancy frame shops.
LOL, oh my God! You didn't know I was capable of walls o' text, did you?

Unfortunately, that one was a baby. It's a shame your first sighting wasn't my full glory.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-07-2016, 02:04 PM

I think anything beyond the gold maximum might be a little bit too much to have in one post

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-07-2016, 02:42 PM

I once made one that likely would've given me a hundred gold if I'd split it into two or three parts. AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ IT.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 PM

oh that's cool amane

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-07-2016, 04:42 PM

I've thought of my next wall o' text idea. I'll probably ping you, as well as Mr. Wrong so he can get a taste of what I'm like on full blast. The key is to attempt to explain things in EXCRUCIATING detail.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-07-2016, 05:02 PM

sure amane I wouldn't mind

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I once made one that likely would've given me a hundred gold if I'd split it into two or three parts. AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ IT.
That's awesome~ xD the only time I could see myself writing that much is if I was like, telling a story, writing a roleplay post, or explaining my opinion on a complicated matter. I've hit the 100 gold maximum a couple times already though, so maybe I talk more than I realize... >w>

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-09-2016, 05:00 PM

Yes I do that when roleplaying most of the time. Otherwise, my posts are pretty short

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-10-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I've thought of my next wall o' text idea. I'll probably ping you, as well as Mr. Wrong so he can get a taste of what I'm like on full blast. The key is to attempt to explain things in EXCRUCIATING detail.
One of our first exchanges caused me to think that you didn't know up from down. Your recent thoughtful and helpful replies has caused me to think better of you. I like.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-10-2016, 06:56 PM

Hahaha… I think I know what you're talking about. I may be stubborn, and being serious might be about as attractive to me as a badger in a bikini, but nothing gets me going like being helpful. In the informative sense.

Inzanebraned: Being busy and short on attention span and whatnot, I thought you'd appreciate the mental image of a bubbly blue-eyed bimbo badger babe at the beach.

Last edited by Amane; 10-11-2016 at 02:53 PM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-12-2016, 03:55 AM

Lol! Me thinks it ''twas the mention of walls of text that prompted Amane to ping me here...though, I will admit that most ANY rodent shaped mammal in a bikini would probably give me a grin!

I have read a wall of text or 2 from Amane...and when she puts forth the effort, one should sit up and take notice, for she has some very thoughtful thoughts just dying to be exposed...though she makes all efforts to keep them to herself!

I, on the other hand, am usually the one who ALWAYS posts walls of text...
I'll post one here...then, probably, post one somewhere else...
I find it difficult to condense my thoughts into just 1 or 2 sentences and almost always reach my gold limit with just 1 post...
I have recently been too busy and scatterbrained to post much on Mene lately...but the day will come when I will bore you all with my picturesque speech and multitudinous details...
But, for now, I'll just giggle at the badger and wander on, aimlessly...until RL slams me in the back of the head and reminds me that I have things I should be doing instead of THIS!
(My time is never my own...so time I spend here is time borrowed from someone/something else...)

Welcome to Mene, Cookie Monstah...I'm sure you'll find the place most accommodating once you get settled in and acclimated.
It took me a little minute...but, now I'm really happy I found this site!