Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 11-16-2009, 07:31 AM

PM me if you're interested in joining! I'm up for a bit of different RPing . . . so I chose the story of "The Wizard of Oz" to fiddle around with. I'm warning you now: I will change the story as I see fit, but you might find some similarities in trademark characters/events. Let me know if you want to join! -Es

Another bark disturbed her peace. The yipping and yapping coming from the tiny dog was driving her insane!
"Toto!" she called, setting her book down on the bed. "Come here, boy."
The small dog ran around the room, dashing back and forth, spinning in dizzying circles. A squeaking howl piped up from the little canine, his pointy ears twitching back and forth.
"Bad Toto!"
The pup finally screeched to a halt, it's tongue lolling out to the side of it's mouth, drool dripping slowly onto the girl's toes.
"Ew!" she pulled her feet up onto the checkered blankets, a frown on her freckled face. "Keep that stuff to yourself, Toto!"
Toto barked once, and took off down the hallway, his racket continuing.
"Dorthy! Come and get your animal out of here!"
Dorthy sighed, and trudged out to the porch to grab the squirming little mammal.
"If you can't keep him under control, he'll have to go!"
"Alright, alright," Dorthy sighed, blowing a stray tendril of mouse brown hair away from her eyes. "I understand, Aunty."
When the older woman nodded and went back to her stitching, Dorthy carried Toto into her room and shut the door.
"Toto!" she whisper-yelled, "You stop that right now!"
All that happened was an intensified version of the previous yips and yaps.
"I wish that you would just shut up!" Dorthy shrieked, leaping across the room and onto her squeaky bed. "You never be quiet! It's a wonder that Aunty hasn't made me get rid of you yet."
The pup yelped back, sounding offended.
"Shut up!"
A pillow flew across the room, flattening the little dog. Dorthy immediately felt guilty, and let out a loud gasp. Before she could get too worried, a puny tail poked out and started to wag. Sighing, the girl flopped back onto her blankets. Twisting one of her twin braids around her hand, she sighed even louder.
"I wish something would just come and steal you away, like in the storybooks."
Toto hopped up onto the bed and sat beside the young woman, his brown eyes wide.
"Then I would have to be a hero and save you from the forces of evil," Dorthy muttered, patting her pet's head. "That's the adventure I'm craving. Running around the farm just doesn't cut it anymore."
Sighing, the young girl looked out her window, immediately falling into a daydream of evil witches and lions that could talk, of flying monkeys and walking scarecrows. Yes, she longed for a different story - for her own story.

Esmme

Old 12-05-2009, 12:29 AM

((Waiting for people to join . . . no profiles needed, but I request that you place your hair and eye color in there so I can check it out later. This story will be way different from the original, so we'll see how dark it gets, eh?))

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 PM

(( I suppose you need to have seen the movie to join? ))

Esmme

Old 12-05-2009, 03:29 PM

((Oh, psssh. Nah! No worries . . . I just wanted to start something different, so I did. :XD No requirements like that - I don't care if you've seen the movie or read the book. ^_^))

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 12-05-2009, 06:21 PM

(( I haven't done any of them! xD ))

Esmme

Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 AM

((S'okay. Just join anyway. :XD lol))

Esmme

Old 01-01-2010, 01:50 AM

((Well, I'll be around. PM me if you want to join! I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread, so I won't know when someone posts. ^_^ Message me when you post here!))