Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 PM

we have a nakie weekend every year. (lol, ok it's happened twice) But we do have one. (:

Zombie Pixie
(。・ω・&...

Penpal

Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM

Im nakkie everyday =D
Its fun to be nakkie. You dont need to have clothes >w<

Miyaku
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Miyaku

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 PM

I don't donate to beggars :]
just because they do not deserve it, and because I don't have alot of money in the first place... o.o

BigBoom098
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 PM

I think we should not donate to new members, we should keep track of their activity to the site, because I once donated to a user on another site, and they never visited the site again.
Some users join sites, but they never get attached to them, so they leave rather soon.
That is why we should keep track of a user we wish to donate to and see if they are making a positive impression on the site before donating out hard earned pixels to them ;]

x_kittykat
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-15-2008, 11:22 PM

I hate newbie begging I understand that its sometimes hard to make money but everyone else had to do the exact same thing. I get alot of begging on gaia online because my avatar looks rich but I actually work hard for my money and I believe that newbs should too.

** I was not trying to promote another website it was just an example*

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-17-2008, 01:14 PM

I only donate to questers.

Donating to new users, even when they aren't begging, is often as good as throwing your money away. Few actually stay.

If I'm going to give something, I want to give it to someone who is working hard for what they want.

Plus, isn't begging against the rules or has something changed that I'm not aware of? -out of the loop- x3

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM

I tend to agree that if people beg for things with or without making a contribution to the growth of the site that they shouldn't be given anything.

davyjoneslover
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 PM

I don't give to beggars any more, as Sanctuary said, most of them never stay. And I think questers deserve items more then newbies, Questers work hard for their items and don't constantly ask for items. Though I'll gladly give an item to someone if they've been here for a few months and at least post regularly.

lilithneko

Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Im tooo proud to beg online and offline. I rather earn my stuff then someone give them to me. Don't get me wrong I keep whatever someone gives me and I will be grateful for it. I like to feeling of doing it myself. It's sooo much sweeter. I even do a happy dance when I get clothes on Gaia.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 PM

I don't give money to beggers, nor have I ever begged.

When I was a noob, to earn a bit more gold, I offered Tarot readings, or avatar art. Except I worked off of donations. If you felt I deserved to get paid, then you could pay me. I still work off of the same principal. ^.^

Earn what you want. Wether it's by games, being a part of the community, or trade of goods.

~Squiggle~
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 11-30-2009, 05:18 PM

I hate begging, it really annoys me, I mean by all means go to the charity forums and speak to the owners of some of the newbie ones, follow their rules and then get your freebie items but it just annoys me that some people expect something for nothing and that other users should give their hard earned gold to a newbie just because they are new. I personally don't see why that should be the case and am very glad that it is not tolerated here :D

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-03-2009, 01:59 AM

I think the only time I have ever donated an item was during an event when someone was talking about wanting an item from an event that she was not here for. I had an extra one, so I gave it to her. It is much more fun to donate things in that manner than to just flat out give someone something simply because they asked for it. I have also sold an old item for less than market value for similar reasons.

This is the only site I give items away for, and I do it because someone helped me buy a dress once. Its funny, I don't even remember the name of the person who did, but I think of her every time I see the dress in m y inventory. I really love the people here, everybody is so nice.

Wicked
*^_^*

Old 12-03-2009, 02:33 AM

Oh gosh. I hope my "meat" thread isn't considered begging.
I mention being naked but I'm just making jokes about it. I don't want any handouts.

Syraannabelle, how odd.. I was thinking of offering Tarot readings.
I do them for my guildmates on Gaia but I wouldn't want to step on your toes so maybe I shouldn't proceed?

Last edited by Wicked; 12-03-2009 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: for sake of clarity

Rain:]
Bitches love me.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:40 AM

When someone begs me for something on Menewsha, I tell them to go join a RP or post paragraphs like crazy because that earns them gold. If they continue, I just ignore them.

I also like to know the person more before I donate ANYTHING at all. I make sure that they're just not using me for my donations and many of them are. I'm also a pretty nice person and it's hard for me to turn down someone, for instance whenever I see a homeless person I always give them money, and if I don't I beat myself up for it. I'm naturally a nice person and most people take advantage of that.

Also, begging is not something to joke with especially if it's not real life. There's tens of thousands of homeless people out there and you're sitting on your computer, in your home, with a family who cares about you, and all you can do is beg? Come on now, get real. There's a lot of people who'd want to be in your shoes, especially out in the cold areas like New York because you have a nice warm house.

Sorry for my ranting. ><'' I overdo it sometimes. I get worked up about these things. ^_^