poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurupamae View Post
I log in there every once in a while. Last time I logged in I found that I had been changed in to some form of funky green thing. I was not exactly happy with that. I don't have any wings but I have some of the older cloaks and random odds and ends. Nothing real valuable I don't think.

I tried to get in to it there and there are people that I know over there but it didn't really hold my interest.
That was just for one of the events, people were turned into zombies. That's gone now, though.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 AM

The trouble with having old and valuable items over there is that the majority of the users don't have the pure to buy them with, so they're not a huge amount of use to you..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 AM

That's totally true, haha.

I also didn't know that about the items that were never put up. That's really lame :/.

I do think though that now that it's changed hands it's doing better, at least in terms of site progress.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 AM

We have/had some unreleased old stuff kicking around. The t shirt that I'm wearing sat in the layers in it's original form for about a year because Josh forgot about all the other colours : / And we have some dresses that don't have any male counterpart items yet, but we'd never waste good and complete sets by never releasing them, what a waste of time! Tom was (is) a dick xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 AM

Ouch yeah :(. Although female-male counterparts still aren't what I'm looking for but at least there would be more for other people xP.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 AM

Well at least they was eventually released. BAH! *gets some dishsoap and heads towards jelly* Open your mouth old young lady!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 03:39 PM

:talk2hand: Away from me with that, woman!

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 PM

I like Zantarni alot, especialy the looks, and the medival idea.
I have the same username on there as on Menewsha.
But I sort of hated the un-updatedness, lack of avatar layers,
they seem to be more busy with other stuff than items for avatars.
I log on now and then to see whats new and such things,
but I am so much used and more up to date to Menewsha that
I prefer to stay here.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Lol, the layering on Zantarni is terrible. You can't even wear a coat over a dress! Or a hairpin with a hat : /

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I guess; I never really noticed with how few unisex items there are, since I've never had that many items to begin with!

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 10:06 PM

oh wow, glad I have my account here with better layers, and my account there I jsut have wings, form this past month, and nothign else.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 02-27-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Lol, the layering on Zantarni is terrible. You can't even wear a coat over a dress! Or a hairpin with a hat : /
Lol, I would know this if my avi wasn't naked!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 PM

Hope the new guy gets around to creating some new layers soon, I mean the dress up aspect is a very great part of why people join avatar sites, so being so severely limited must frustrate a lot of people.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 PM

truel, I liek to collect the wings of sites, but that is just me.

havenmasters
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2009, 11:48 PM

I play on zantarni. I joined around the time they were first starting it up. I actually only went to the site for a week or two and then stopped for many months before going back. It's sometimes cool to start out with a new site, but I get impatient because they are still working things out. I'm happier with it now, because there is more for me to do.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 PM

There's a lot of stuff to do at Zantarni but it's tumbleweed time at their forums.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 PM

Maybe because people can earn plenty without having to post...forage, sell, go do something else elsewhere til your energy is recharged...

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2009, 01:24 AM

Our forums suffered a drop in activity when we got the Arcade games. :yes: So the less you "have" to post to enjoy the site, the less likely people are to, I'd bet.

I'm generally a lurker by nature. I lurk on Gaia and probably make more posts per day here than I have ever made at Gaia - total - so not having to post would be something I'd take advantage of. >_>;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-28-2009, 01:28 AM

Yeah, that's probably a big part of why the forums are so slow. But I wouldn't say that that's a reason to reduce the amount of other stuff, haha, so much as just give more things that make people feel more motivated to post, something to work toward... maybe some things that you can only get from posting or something like that.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2009, 02:28 AM

Well the last few "events" on there have been beyond crazy. All you had to do was log in to get your event items. Just where is the sense in that? Events are tools to get people active, and keep them active(including posting) for at least a week. You don't just give people stuff for logging in so they can turn right around and go away again!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2009, 04:38 AM

I'm not saying, "the key to an avatar site's success is to have nothing to do but post", just that there needs to be... mm... A balance, I suppose. We limit how much gold you can make in the Arcade a day. After that, if you still want to earn gold, you have to post. (Or Exchange, which comes down to posting usually.)

If it's more worth it to someone to lurk, they will. They won't make friends in the community and they won't stay as active.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-28-2009, 05:07 AM

I don't like exchanging if it's a forum set-up @_@.

And I understand what you mean; I agree. But I do like that it's not super limited but at the same time, it would be better if there was some sort of motivation for posting.

Tre Le Coco

Old 02-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Are you serious, Tre? All the effort into making those items, then the owner just being too lazy to even upload them...wow.
Yeah i made quite a bit of items for that site, tom said he'd upload them at the end of the week, never did for the whole4 months i was there xP bastard
Quote:
We have/had some unreleased old stuff kicking around. The t shirt that I'm wearing sat in the layers in it's original form for about a year because Josh forgot about all the other colours : / And we have some dresses that don't have any male counterpart items yet, but we'd never waste good and complete sets by never releasing them, what a waste of time! Tom was (is) a dick xD
Yeah but we make no promise to people to bring them out :P at least they made it into the system
I should really remake my items and just use them here >.> lol

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Maybe because people can earn plenty without having to post...forage, sell, go do something else elsewhere til your energy is recharged...
Yeah, but the game bankrupts me all out of avi fun. So, my oldbie avi is only wearing event gear. All I do there is play the game. So, yes, I never post, but I can't enjoy the doll part of the site.

But then, I haven't played much since they introduced the concept of 'recharging.'

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 03-01-2009, 12:36 PM

I have had an account on Zantarni for a very long time. It has changed so much over the years.
When Josh split from Zani to open Menewsha, I eventually came over here and have grown to love Mene. I still drop in Zani to check mail and buy collectibles.