MidnightWolve
Hi...
Send a message via MSN to MidnightWolve

Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM

I'm curious, do you think that the craving of bacon or anything to do with pig is a psychological thing or is it really true? Cuz I've been craving bacon...

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM

I dont think there are any listed side effects, but I am not getting it or giving it to any of my children. There are not enough studies...and who knows what will happen months from now. Maybe another sickness that is derived from this vaccinne.

Maybe it is the start of the end of the world...turning people into zombies...

lol the last part was a joke, btw. =3

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 PM

Well, in all honesty, I think its perfectly safe to get the shot, otherwise I wouldnt have gotten it. Its a pandemic right now. My mother has a lot of immune diseases and it would kill her if she got it...so. But I think it is just in people's head and when you think about pork and this sort of thing, you crave it. If you think about it, it makes sense.

Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM

I think that if you have health problems that would comprimise you health if you got the swine flu then you should possibly get it. But, I know at least three people who had the swine flu and they said it was just like a flu only a bit worse. One of them being a three year old...and the mother is still not giving her other son the shot.

My ped offered it to me for my youngest today, he had it himself, but me...I see no sense in getting it...or giving it to my children.

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 PM

How many months down the line do you want to wait to see if its safe? It could get worse. I mean, some people take the swine flu differently. There have been many cases of deaths, so I wouldnt take the risk of not getting myself, or for young children. I have heard of no reports of children or anyone dying from the inoculations The worst thing you would get from the vaccination is flu LIKE symptoms. But not the flu itself. I myself have never experienced it . But really, what happens if the swine flue doesn't resolve? I'd rather just get the shot and if I get the flu then I get the flu. And studies have shown that you can still get the swine flu when you get the shot, but its not nearly as bad, its more like a regular flu

But all in all, there is not much of a difference from the regular flu shot and the swine flu they both have the same purpose and do the same thing.

Last edited by MidnightWolve; 11-03-2009 at 09:00 PM..

LustyScoundrel
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to LustyScoundrel

Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM

I've seen people getting the vaccination up their nose. Do they inhale it, or is it really a shot, or what??
Please PM me with the answer.<3

Last edited by LustyScoundrel; 11-03-2009 at 08:58 PM..

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 PM

Its both. You can get the shot, which the the virus is dead, or the spray which has it alive...but it isnt harmful because they're basically dead. They are the same thing

LustyScoundrel
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to LustyScoundrel

Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 PM

Oh, thank you. (:

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 PM

No problem ^^ The shots are better for people who have asthma or immune diseases and children.

Ponta
One is never too early to monolo...

Old 11-03-2009, 10:06 PM

lol, so you got the vaccination and now you want bacon? That's great! xD

I really would have to suspect that it's all in your head or something else in your body is telling you, "hey - you want to eat this yummy bacon." Not sure if bacon has any nutritional value, but I know my dad had been craving fish for a long time and soon we found out he had really low iron.

Scarling Zombie
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Scarling Zombie

Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 PM

There aren't supposed to be any side-effects. They make it like they make the regular flu vaccine. You just don't get the flu afterwards.

I'm not really concerned with it. It's really for younger people who had their immune system ruined by taking an antibodic for everything. "Oh, my child has a little cough. I have to go take him to the doctor to make sure it's just a cough." Kids need to get sick. That's how they build up their immune system. I couldn't even stay home unless I had a 102 degree fever or above. I thank my mom for that everyday.
My immune system is stronger than those of people my own age.

pianochan
Rad Dude
Send a message via AIM to pianochan Send a message via MSN to pianochan Send a message via Yahoo to pianochan

Old 11-04-2009, 03:33 AM

All vaccinations make you a little bit sick afterward. I don't know too much about the H1N1 vaccine because I can't afford it.

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponta View Post
lol, so you got the vaccination and now you want bacon? That's great! xD

I really would have to suspect that it's all in your head or something else in your body is telling you, "hey - you want to eat this yummy bacon." Not sure if bacon has any nutritional value, but I know my dad had been craving fish for a long time and soon we found out he had really low iron.
Well...lol, I think its in the mind too, but whatever XD And when you think about it too much thats when you think you want pig XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianochan View Post
All vaccinations make you a little bit sick afterward. I don't know too much about the H1N1 vaccine because I can't afford it.
Actually, not all do. Only some peopl get after effects from it. The most I've ever had is a sore arm. The swine flu shot gave me a small bruise in that area of the shot.

Last edited by Sizzla; 11-04-2009 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: dp

koneko of the nekos
Koneko-chan
Send a message via AIM to koneko of the nekos Send a message via MSN to koneko of the nekos Send a message via Yahoo to koneko of the nekos

Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 PM

lmao. craving fish and being low in iron makes sense. pregnant women will crave odd things when they need certain nutrients. craving bacon after getting a vaccine for a shot they gave the nickname "swine flu" too is psychosomatic and makes NO sense at all. lulz.

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Lol, I know, but if you seriously think about a food too much, you really do crave it XD

darkwolfyoukai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM

The only severe side effects known so far are from having an allergic reaction. I didn't want to get the shot because of side effects, but my school was giving them away for free, so I got the nasal spray on a whim. I like the sprays better than the shots. I have a fear of needles. I think, now that I know I don't react badly, I'll get the spray every year at least until I'm out of college. Better safe than sorry in such a large social setting with so many public amenities.

FAGGY CHAN
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FAGGY CHAN

Old 11-04-2009, 07:31 PM

Some people have been getting sick because of the new shots they've been giving out.
And sometimes it induces diabetes in people.
So my recommendation, don't get shots that they say are new. D;

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 PM

If you are alergic to eggs then you're kind of screwed with the shots.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 PM

I didn't know you could get a shot, all I've seen are the nose ones (which is an inhalant). They have given out over 1 million shots now, and there have been no abnormal side-effects. It's the flu people, they know how to treat it. It's just a new strain, like we get every year. The only reason this has become so big is because when it started in Mexico there wasn't any action taken as there should have been, and it was let to spread like a wildfire. It is a MILD flu. I had it, my boyfriend had it, much of my family had it. It's not bad, seriously, I've had worse colds. If you get the flu, just treat it like you would any other flu. Drink lots of liquids (I drank Gatorade), rest, don't exert yourself...etc etc.

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 11-04-2009, 08:45 PM

I refuse to get the vaccine. They're rushing to make them and they aren't properly tested. So no one knows what's going to happen in the long run. They've already been seeing bad (and in some cases rare, for a developed country) diseases develop in people who get the vaccine. But whether it was a coincidence or not isn't really known, researches are still watching it. But by the time they figure it out it may be too late.

MidnightWolve
Hi...

Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 PM

There are risks in ever vaccine that has been made. Some people get sick, there is also always a case of someone dying. But seriously, dont loose sleep over it...its rare, and there has been plenty of studies shown. The swine flu shot is nothing different then the regular flu shot.

And actually, the swine flu differs on how bad it effects people. It could be really bad for some people and very mild.

Last edited by MidnightWolve; 11-04-2009 at 08:59 PM..

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM

There haven't been "plenty of studies" it's fairly new. And the regular flu shot is terrible for you. It has mercury in it and the metal never leaves your body. It builds up and has been proven to cause many many ailments.

I don't lose sleep over it either XD I just respect my body way to much to even consider taking the junk. My immune system is strong, so I have no need to put toxic chemicals in my body, because every vaccine has something really bad in it.

They even say (studies are still going on about it) that all the vaccines infants get these days are raising the numbers of autistic kids. There is no doubt autism is growing, researches are just trying to prove/disprove it has to do with the vaccines.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 11-04-2009, 09:15 PM

Well, it doesn't really seem to matter what your immune system is like with the swine flu. The people it's killing are the people who SHOULDN'T be dying from it. It the people between the ages of 20-40 that are being the most affected by it, and they tend to be the ones with the strongest immune systems are are normally said to be the least at risk.

And yes, there HAVE been plenty of studies. There is a new flu vaccine that comes out EVERY year. Every year the flu is on the news, how it's impacting everyone, and when the vaccine will be available. This just got out of control before anyone realized it, so it's a bigger deal. They know what the flu does, how it works, etc etc. Vaccines have been around for hundreds of years, I think they know what they're doing in making a vaccine for a new strain of the flu.

Also, I suggest you do a bit more research Erailea, you are compeltely correct about mercury being in vaccines.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/vaccines-autism1.htm

That article is also about vaccines causing autism.

"Yet despite the removal of thimerosal from vaccines, autism rates haven't dropped. Denmark removed thimerosal from its vaccines in 1992, and its rates have continued to climb"

There is NO proof that vaccines cause autism.

Last edited by Shalandriel; 11-04-2009 at 09:20 PM..

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM

I didn't say they had proved it, I said they were still doing studies on it. Geez, people need to read :/

And more people die of the regular flu a year. Swine flu has yet to come close to the numbers. There's also a crap ton of controversy surrounding the swine flu vaccine, unlike the regular flu vaccine.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 PM

You said that there were studies showing that it was raising the level of autism in infants, but there aren't any. Scientists don't work to find out if something is true or work to find out if something is false. They work to find out the truth, to find if it is or isn't true, not just one or another. The studies that are going on, say that so far, it's not true.

The wine flu IS the flu. The flu changes every year, this is what it turned into this year, we just didn't catch it as soon as we normally do, so it was more widespread. The flu is constantly mutating which is why we need a new vaccine each year.

According to that article I linked we've been doing a form of vaccination since 200 BC.

Also, about what was said earlier about metals never leaving the body? Totally false. http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...=1006010702411

If you take mercury in small doses, it will leave your body naturally. If you take it in large quantities (though a vaccine is a very small quantity) it can take several months if you stop taking it.

I live in Wisconsin, I know a lot about mercury because of fish and all that. There's certain lakes that it's illegal to keep fish you catch from because of how high the mercury level is. You really have to take quite a lot of mercury into your body for it to be harmful.

Edit: @Midnight: The flu always varies on how it affects people, but overall, this is actually a mild flu. Now that people are aware of it and vaccines are going out, people really aren't dying from it anymore. Just like it is every year with the flu, this time it jsut had a head start on us.

Last edited by Shalandriel; 11-04-2009 at 09:38 PM..