View Single Post
HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 AM

There's a lot going on in America right now, concerning politics. And it's becoming more of a concern as large, rather radical, religious organizations begin to assert power. That combined with a bought Congress, corrupt policies, and the mentality of American people is what's making everything blow up to the scale we're seeing right now.

On the group mentality, thing: yes, it's a real problem here. We categorize things black vs white (the vs is important), fear being different or standing out too much, fear actual changes and value self-reliance to the point where we shun those that ask for help. As a result, the sick and poor are abandoned and the activists get literally laughed down by the media until they get big enough to be called terrorists. The media has an incredible amount of control over American people, which whether planned or not works favorably toward the government.

Right now, I'd say our biggest problem is our unwillingness to fix the problems we can all clearly see. Personally, I'd like it if our government could at least be straightforward and honest with us but I can't really imagine any government wanting to do all of that. Instead, the best thing Americans can do for themselves are to keep reading and researching, having these kinds of discussions, attend or watch debates for all sorts of things and vote in various elections.

As for the military, I believe it would be unfair to judge the entire force based off of one branch's actions in a smaller unit. From what I do understand, the Army is corrupt on lower levels but still in tact in the higher ups. As a result, there have certainly been some nasty things done but the appropriate investigations and disciplinary actions are being pursued.