View Single Post
una
God's own anti-SOB machine.
Send a message via MSN to una

Old 01-22-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Neither does only doing bad, like most of Europe has for its entire history.

Don't forget, both world wars were started by European powers, and their idiotic politics. Not to mention rampant racism which is actually supported by your governments.

At least in America it's frowned upon, and even considered a crime in some instances.
When did this turn into a "EUROPE F*CK YOU" thread. This thread is discussion about America's problems, at what point did you think that finger pointing at other countries was a) a valid argument b) polite. Personally I'm British and I'm thinking wtf, why is someone condensing an entire continent of fifty countries into one unified mass and proceeding to make sweeping generalizations about that mass, in order to save face about their own country. Plus I find it kinda of ironic that you haven't used any contemporary issues regarding European affairs, instead its the African scramble, Imperialism and the two world wars. And as for 'our' (lol) governments supporting racism, every country in the EU has anti-discriminatory laws regarding racism. Remember Europe does not have the same history as America when it comes to racial segregation. In fact, I kinda of laughed to myself when I saw the last line of your argument about America frowning upon racism. You only have to sample your own comedy to know that 'the cops pulled me over because I am black' is so overused its virtually cliche.

My advice is stop idealizing and start being objective, I'm sure have the 'all europeans are racist evil bleeps' is just a knee jerk reaction to having someone call America 'disgusting'. Like Pa-chinko said, there is a lot of good in America, but there are some kinks that need to be worked out. Don't take it personally :)

Last edited by una; 01-22-2012 at 08:49 PM..