View Single Post
musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, the glass will break through often

Old 06-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
1) Do some 'pretty' girls not necessarily 'realize' they're actually pretty (i.e. someone who has spent their entire life being told otherwise, etc)?

2)Do girls actually say they're unattractive to gain attention? Does it work?

3) Are they being 'modest' when they say they're unattractive.

4) How much of that reaction is socially conditioned (they act that way because they're told to in a social situation, whether it be parental or peer influence)?

5) Finally, what about 'ugly' girls who think/say they're pretty?
1. A lot of girls who are pretty often don't realize it. There was a quote I once read by Albert Einstein that kind of relates to this.

Quote:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Basically, if someone is taught they are a certain way, such as being ugly, they will spend their lofe believe that they are in fact, ugly. Some may be able to conquer that, but a lot may be. Also, some girls are very insecure and they believe their flaws get in the way of beauty. Such as breakouts, chapped lips, too big of a nose, and whatnot, even though these flaws may add to their unique beauty. A lot of the time these flaws hinder girls from seeing their true beauty.

2. Some girls, however, do say they are unpretty to gain attention. I think it's a low move. However I am able to see when a girl is simply saying that just for attention. I never say anything, I just roll my eyes and look away. I believe it's really stupid and conceited, but it's something I can't help or change.

3. Yes. Some girls are quite modest and humble and won't admit they are attractive. they may not necessarily say they are ugly, but they do not flat out say they are pretty or gorgeous and such. It's a good quality to have, modesty/humbleness, and when girls are being modest, they're not trying to do it to get a reaction or just to get someone to say they are pretty. But then again, a lot of the time girls do it for attention.

4. Definitely. Girls, and teens and others in general, learn a lot of their behaviors from their peers. Sometimes they see their friends do that and they hear all the compliments they got and sometimes they just want that too. It's a sad case but it happens.

5. Like someone said earlier, beauty is subjective. As they say...
Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I believe every girl should be taught she is beautiful, no matter what. Because that's what's wrong with society. Girls are taught that perfect skin and wind blown, shiny hair and thin figures and large breasts and long legs is beauty. Beauty, to me, doesn't come in a shape or size or color or any specification.