View Single Post
una
God's own anti-SOB machine.
Send a message via MSN to una

Old 01-24-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
actually I think you missed my point here. People were saying that American business was stealing money all over the world, and basically suppressing business in other countries. I was pointing out an example of a European country doing exactly that, and to a much greater degree. That's what I was driving at.

And the thread wasn't about discussing anything. It was a bunch of people jibbering on about how terrible it is to live in one of the most objectively amazing places on the planet. I merely tried to point out that the rest of the world has flaws too.

And in response to George bush. . . why would you even bring him up? We are trying very hard to forget him. Though the new fellow isn't really doing so well either. >.> I can say that. I voted for him, and am disappointed.

And there are crazies on both sides of the aisle here. There are literally people who want to prevent anyone from breeding anymore because there are too many humans. That is insane, and it's on the left here.

Recently I've been really liking Ron Paul. He seems to make more sense than most of them.
Look, from post one I have repeatedly said that your argument is flawed because you are taking it personally. You may believe that America is the shizz, and that is your subjective opinion, and it may be painful to hear that the other people do not share your view. Why engage in a debate that is specifically about America's problems if you are so offended by allegations made against your country. Oh course people making assertions like 'American companies are raping the world', because that what the thread is about- America. No one is going to drag in European countries into the thread because that is not what we are discussing. Neither is anyone claiming that European companies are any better than American companies, it's just the spot light is falling on American companies because that is what the subject is about. Pointing out De Beers as a European Corporation behaving badly is a moot point. It may behave badly, and some corporations do, but we are not discussing the ethical issues within European corporations- which in itself is false because business is global. De Beers is global corporation with international share holders and international exports. The company that own De Beers is Anglo American PLC which is an international company.
Ironically you could have used the above as an argument against American corporations 'raping' the worlds resources. But instead your whole argument is based on 'look at your country and how shit it is', which is not valid and clearly offensive. Being objective would be what you said in your previous post like the politicians aren't great and we're having a hard time sorting out our healthcare system. Those are contemporary issues in America.

As for Ron Paul, I think he will great for people who fit the American conservative template. I just worry about the minorities. Yet as you say people seem to think of him as sensible.