View Single Post
Night Watcher
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2011, 04:18 PM

In my opinion, Everyone is pretty in their own way, regardless of height, weight, looks etc.
Being pretty doesn't necessarily mean looking attractive. So technically there is no 'Uglier' or 'Prettier' we are all pretty much the same, we just come in different packages.
Speaking from experience, I grew up being told by so many people I was ugly and fat, an unattractive girl. No one really liked being around. I didn't fit into the typical norms of society, Skinny and into all these new fashions you find in H&M, New Look, Dolce and Gabbana etc.
So naturally, I thought that, being told it for such a long time, that I was very ugly, and too fat to be even looked at twice, I started to think like that, and every day I believed I wasn't good enough, however now I know differently. I am a pretty girl, and yes, I do have some weight on me, but I can lose it, it isn't the end of the world, and I also know that, Personality is more attractive than someone's looks.
When someone told me I was pretty, I didn't say that I wasn't to gain the attention, it wasn't like that at all. I said it because it was generally how I felt I looked.
I also believe that today's society is very cruel on the way people should look. If your just one tiny speck over the IBM guidelines of being healthy, your considered obese. I think society has made people psychologically paranoid about the way they should look. For example all these dating channels that are advertised, I havn't seen ONE person on them that are chubby, each one has tons of make up on and wears very small underwear. That puts in peoples heads, more actively in womens, that they need to look like that to be considered attractive. I think that's wrong. People should be allowed to feel good about themselves and make a decision about how they look, and not be constantly criticised or judged by anyone.

Last edited by Night Watcher; 01-29-2011 at 04:20 PM..