View Single Post
fade_to_grey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessFairy View Post
Firstly, God doesn't send you to hell because your gay or lesbian...

Secondly, hell is not a place that you can get sent to...it's a state of being, the state of being separated from God. Everyone is separated from God, it's not a place where you are tortured or anything like that.

You don't happen to go to a stereotypical Christian school do you? (cause it reminds me a bit of one I went to... >.< ))

-huggles- I'm sorry your class has been rather rude, especially over terrible misconceptions about what Christianity actually says... unfortunately there exists a lot of Christians who don't read and understand the Bible for themselves, and unfortunately a lot of churches who continue 'Fire and Brimstone teaching' and continue spreading ignorance ):

I did go to a church for a while where they made fun of Darwin a lot, and I would always get annoyed at them, because Darwin was effing great, the whole natural selection thing is genius, and took a lot of work to record and notice! But they'd instead insist that Darwin was stupid and this and that...

Seriously guys, science and the church could get along at their roots, if the people involved would stop being mean to one another...

but that's a different rant...

as for proof for the two statements I initially made, I could go and give you a long lecture on the 'goals' of God as it is according to the Bible and etc, but I don't think you want to read that.

I'd say...why not just ask God Himself?
He tends to be a very quiet God, speaking in little whispers again and again, he's not loud like the protesters or the brainwashed masses.
He's quiet, persistent, and very personal.

Whenever He tells me I'm not doing something as I should, He doesn't make me feel guilty or shameful, he just quietly hints at a better way, and I feel a little silly, because He makes so much sense lol
ok, so that's how you see it. and no i go to a public school. i just happened to end up in a class of closed-minded people... lucky me. anyway... i guess not everyone takes religion to such an extreme. many things are beneficial in moderation.

Darwin is totally right (and he is awesome). natural selection just makes sense and follows nature's basic rule of thumb: survival of the fittest.

unfortunately, it's virtually impossible for religion and science to get along together... there are simply too many contradictions. and any idea that contradicts what is supposedly 'right' is wrong: damnat quod non intellegunt. they condemn what they do not understand. sadly, that's how most people are. for example... galileo was arrested because he posed the idea of a heliocentric, not a geocentric configuration of our solar system. he was right. and they condemned him for it. Socrates... he invented the Socratic method, a method of question asking that is still used today. he was charged with corrupting the youth and not believing in the gods. he drank poison and died. maybe now you can get an idea of my reasoning. im not saying all people who believe in god are bad... surely not. i have a few good friends who are catholic... we fool around with each other about things like this. we enjoy a good debate. ive just met a lot of the bad, mean people.

what you call god's voice, i call a conscience - a tiny part of my brain that always knows what is right.