View Single Post
fade_to_grey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

i like to think as long as you believe you will go on to your 'heaven'.
i'm Catholic and believe in God.
it doesn't bother me when people have a different belief.
i don't try to convert anyone or condem them for their belief either.
i tend to think how the bible is translated is all in the way you view it.
for instance i do not believe God, my God anyway, hates gay or lesbian individuals.
i think, and mind you it is my interpertation, that the way the bible was written was in the times of procreation being important to preserve humanities growth.
same sex marriages or couples would hinder that.
there wasn't a very easy way to present this to a vase majority other than word of mouth or the written bible.
if the internet was around for Jesus to use i think it would be a differnt story being told.
i know my God loves everyone and they were all created in his image.

i'm sorry you get sneered at and ridiculed.
religion seems to be a hot topic with almost everyone.
to me it should be a sorce of love and kindness but that just isn't the case.

i like the sceen in 'the mummy' when benny shows the mummy a cross, anch, star of David etc.
he covers all his bases.
who knows what the true religion is, or if there even is one.
i say live and let live, worship what makes your heart happy.
i think God will love us all in the end.
Unfortunately, the Bible can be somewhat vague in certain areas, leaving plenty of room for interpretation, and we have no way of knowing which interpretation is accurate. Some like you believe in a kind God who loves everyone...others believe in a God who is angry and destroys all those that oppose him. If i had to pick, i'd pick the nice God lol. Societies should be rooted in love and compassion, not fear and hate. To me, you seem like a person with a very kind heart who always tries to see the good in people.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-chinko View Post
I think in the media and through other channels, there's a huge dichotomy that leads to the atheism versus theism, mianly through science or belief in stupidity and ignorance.
I have not found that any religion is better
That's the question i am constantly asking myself, trying to come up with a logical answer... no luck. It seems to me that whichever belief is more prominent in a certain area becomes the 'right' belief, so to speak.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilea View Post
How does this surprise you? Organized religion has been around for thousands of years. In comparison, the complete lack of religion based on scientific research is in its infancy. Things take time to change.

No religion is better, but atheism isn't better, either. They're all on a level playing field, and everyone should just shut their mouths and stop bashing on people who don't have the same beliefs they do.

Their beliefs will have no affect whatsoever on your afterlife. Suck it up and please, for the love of all things, stop bashing each other.
I agree. New ideas need time in order to be accepted. However, you really are killing this discussion. I really do want to hear what everyone else has to say. Again, i apologize for the inflammatory remarks i made before. I swear i will try my hardest to not let it happen again. You scold us for so-called 'bashing' each other when, really, you are bashing all of us. And really, besides that remark that i made, i don't consider anything else said here mean or even very offensive. However, a number of your remarks are a bit too caustic for my taste... this is what this thread is about - opinions. of course, no opinion is any better than another. a...what did you say before...'level playing field'? so anyway, there are going to be disagreements. it's a debate - what did you expect? the best we can do is show some maturity. im not saying im not going to slip up once and a while because no one is perfect. and i will never claim to be.