Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 04:55 PM

Thank god it's Thursday. After working 6 days straight, 8 hour shifts I needed a day off sooo bad.

I'm planning on spending my day relaxing, dropping off a couple resumes - I hate my job- and actually being able to cook supper for the first time since I was unemployed in February.
And with having Friday off, I plan on going bowling with my best friend and later seeing a movie with my boyfriend. It'll be a fabulous day ^.^

So Menewshians, what do you do with your well deserved days off?

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 05:02 PM

I play video games.
Since I don't have a job and I'm just going to school,
Even that can get stressful.

Plus I have play practice going on so I get super tired every single day.
Some days I just wanna curl up and sleep.

But most of the time I just relax and play some video games.
Oh I go on Mene and Syndrone also.
Along with reading some manga online.
Haha.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Do you have to work the weekend then, Codette?

It's pretty cool having days off during the week, especially if it's not Friday. Because Friday's the day that everyone else books off! I used to always book a Monday for an odd day off, and everyone that I worked with thought I was nuts, but I think not.

Having Monday off means your get full enjoyment out of your Sunday for a start, you're not clock-watching past a certain time in the evening, knowing you should be in bed because you've got to be up for work in the morning. Having a Monday off is great, because everyone else is at work, so towns and shops are a lot quieter than they are at the weekend. So yeah, there's my protip for making the most of a day off. ;D

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Yeah I often work weekends. Retail in a mall is a B. My days off are random so I never know what I'll get off, until the beginning of the week when the schedule comes out.

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM

My only free day form school and play practice this week is Saturday.
But yet I'm supposed to go to my moms and help her clean for a party that day.
Boo.
She never asked me to help,
She just demanded it.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM

I tend to spend a lot of time at the gym, and caring for my animals, especially if my day off is during the week. On the rare occasion that i actually get a weekend day off i'll spend that with my other half.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-01-2014, 05:45 PM

I don't miss working retail -.- I've worked over 10 days straight doing that stuff...

But other than that, days off? It doesn't feel like I get one anymore! I'm working full time at my internship and going to school full time still. Granted, I do graduate in June and my classes end in a couple weeks (yay for accelerated online programs).

I do get weekends off though and when they aren't full of homework, I like to play with my pup, play video games and sew. Then again, weekends are also used for chores...

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 PM

On my days off I like to cook (like massive meals that take all day long, because it's so relaxing to me). I also like to clean sometimes, read, and goof off on the internet. Basically anything that does not require me to brain.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Due to college, I typically watch movies and play video games. I don't get to play any major ones but some addicting indie games I own.

I also get bored and browse the internets. Probably watch videos on Youtube for the most part. Not much else. Maybe hang with friends though. Definitely hang with friends.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Although I'm not working, I am home with at least one child all day! I don't have a day off, but I give myself time alone once the kids are in bed and my partner is at work. I shut off any form of communication with other people and either read or watch a movie. If I don't want to decompress quite that much, I catch up on messages and phone calls.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 AM

Now that I am still not in school, I am free all week days and I spend my time usually on mene

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 05-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Day off?
What's that?

I work seven days in a row this week, and then I have my son who I take care of, because well, he's my son. xDD
I don't get a day off.
xD

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 05-03-2014, 01:16 AM

I very rarely enjoy my days off, because I get so damn bored that I tend to sleep all day. There is only so many times I can go to the mall, library, see interesting movies at the theatre, or somewhere that's not home before I say "screw it" and just sleep until early afternoon.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2014, 07:27 PM

Clean house, do laundry, grocery shopping. All those not so fun chores. V_V