wrylilt
Proud Mother, Happy Writer

Old 08-06-2010, 04:01 AM

Ok for those of you that work, what are your pet hates?

I work in retail and here are some of mine:

Me: (Scans item but the barcode won't work.)
Customer: Oh gee if it doesn't scan it must be free
Me: Hahahaha! Ohsofunny.

Me: Would you like a bag?
Customer: If you've got one.
Me (I'm tempted to say): No we don't actually have any, I just offer to see the disappointment on your face when I tell you we DON'T have any.

I have a lot of other pet hates but those are some of the main ones I get day in and day out....

What are your pet hates at work?

kissthebluesky
Blue Balloons Blew By Bay .

Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 AM

Yeah, in life there are people who are a pain.
Well, I'm not a worker yet.. still a student.
But, may I be able to share things I hate in school ?
Lol, okay so here they are:

Me: Man.. I got a B.
*Person overhears*
Person: Man, Jessica, I got a really bad score.
Me: (im not the only one? yay!) Really, what did you get?
Person: I got an A. I just missed one problem!
Me: (ugh, show-off)

*person makes their poster*
Person: Um, excuse me teacher, did I do this right?
Teacher: Oh, let me see.
Teacher: Oh my! That poster is magnificent, you should go to art school.
Person: *looks at my poster* Jessica's is good too, though.
Teacher: Oh yes, Jessica's is quite.. well.
Me: (show-off..)

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-06-2010, 11:28 PM

I used to work at a pet store. Major things that bothered me was when people asked my fish can not live in bowls or how big they get when the tag below the fish tells you how big it gets and the tank requirements.

Another thing is when people tried to return things that the store didn't even carry. I had some lady try to return a fish that the store never carried. I was there since the store opened and she tried to tell me she bought it "over the summer" when she tried returning it around Christmas time. I then told her it was past the 14 day guarantee anyway so it didn't matter.

People that "call corporate" over stupid things like the fact that the store can not special order items.

People that try scamming the store out of money or steal and make it very obvious.

Managers that do not know how to do their job and then dumped their work onto me.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 AM

Um...Here's one:

-I'm working to serve customers as fast as I can. Fellow co-workers: Talking/standing/texting/eating whilest I work. OH, oh....and when they talk about me because I'm not -fast- enough for them- yet...I'm the only doing real work.

wrylilt
Proud Mother, Happy Writer

Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Another thing is when people tried to return things that the store didn't even carry.
LoL I remember having that happen a lot when I worked at the refunds counter. I had the lady shouting at me then I asked for her docket - and the docket was from another store. :D

coccyx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBane View Post
Um...Here's one:

-I'm working to serve customers as fast as I can. Fellow co-workers: Talking/standing/texting/eating whilest I work. OH, oh....and when they talk about me because I'm not -fast- enough for them- yet...I'm the only doing real work.
I'm a customer and that annoys me. I'm trying to get out of the grocery store as quickly as possible because it's like, 40 degrees in there, and the cashier's too busy texting, even though there's a sign right next to her telling her not to. Ugh.

But as for me, I did some work at a camp a few weeks ago. We worked for two weeks, and had a different supervisor both weeks. The first one was pretty chill, he made us do what was needed, and let us leave as soon as most of the kids were gone. The second one, however, made us stay half an hour later, doing stuff that wasn't even in the job description. And that was the week with the younger kids, so I was tired enough as is. She did have a point, though, the first guy was letting us go half an hour early, which was half an hour earlier than we were originally supposed to leave. I'm just kind of an antsy person when it comes to bus schedules, so I hated missing three buses right after another when I had to stay late.

But, hey, I'm getting paid $500 for only two weeks of work. Sounds good to me, even though it was technically below minimum wage. The things they get away with by labeling things as internships.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coccyx View Post
I'm a customer and that annoys me. I'm trying to get out of the grocery store as quickly as possible because it's like, 40 degrees in there, and the cashier's too busy texting, even though there's a sign right next to her telling her not to. Ugh.

But as for me, I did some work at a camp a few weeks ago. We worked for two weeks, and had a different supervisor both weeks. The first one was pretty chill, he made us do what was needed, and let us leave as soon as most of the kids were gone. The second one, however, made us stay half an hour later, doing stuff that wasn't even in the job description. And that was the week with the younger kids, so I was tired enough as is. She did have a point, though, the first guy was letting us go half an hour early, which was half an hour earlier than we were originally supposed to leave. I'm just kind of an antsy person when it comes to bus schedules, so I hated missing three buses right after another when I had to stay late.

But, hey, I'm getting paid $500 for only two weeks of work. Sounds good to me, even though it was technically below minimum wage. The things they get away with by labeling things as internships.
Oh I know it bothers the customers. That's the source of why it bothers me so much. I wanna do my best, but it becomes really hard when it's only me working.

Safiah
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2010, 06:02 PM

The number one thing I hate is when someone goes through the line on their cell phone. Do you have any idea how rude that is?

Its like excuse me I have to interrupt your oh so important conversation (obviously so important you cant put them on hold for 2 min, 2 MIN!) to ask the questions I HAVE to ask. Seriously I get in big trouble for not asking or telling you things. You can put the phone down for 2 min, you don't have to answer your cell phone just because it rings. You can call people back. Ugh it makes me so mad.

AldreaOrcinae
High Priestess of Lushotology

Old 08-07-2010, 11:53 PM

I work in a callcenter for technical support of internet, IPTV and VOIP. Just about every single call pisses me off. I just got off the phone with a lady who was rude and cutting me off because she had plugged her DVD player into the cable box and wondered why it didn't work because the ads promised to deliver all entertainment services through the tv box. I even offered to find her the support numbers for her TV and DVD player but she said "no, I refuse to do that. YOU have to fix it."
People should have to take IQ tests before they receive services like this...

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrylilt View Post
Me: Would you like a bag?
Customer: If you've got one.
Me (I'm tempted to say): No we don't actually have any, I just offer to see the disappointment on your face when I tell you we DON'T have any.
ROFL this realy made me laugh realy hard. Omg I love the sarcasm :'D

Uh I used to work at a callcenter, people call me, and
I had to look up phonenumbers or adresses that people were looking for.
And we had a button on our headset, mute. So if I can't find anything, I say,
please excuse me for a moment, I am going to ask my co-worker for help.
So when I click mute, the customer can't hear me anymore but I can hear them >:'D
The things people say .____.;;
Person on phone: "Just one of those woman who can't find it."
Person sitting next to that person: "Yeah those people need money too, Frank."
>___>

KeiraRose
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2010, 02:44 AM

Person: Omg I did so bad on that last test, I FAILED it!
Me: Really, what did you get?
Person: I got a B+, so close to an A!!!
Me: ...
Person: What did you get?
Me: ... not telling

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 08-08-2010, 07:07 AM

I work in the education department of a zoo, and my pet hate is my boss in general. He's such a short sighted, unhelpful swine.

I do the hoovering, closing off one of the public rooms with doors, and a rope barrier. I pop out back to get something, and he returns while i'm there.
"When you do the hoovering, make sure the public room's closed. The wire's a trip hazard."
The door is still closed. ¬¬
Completely needless ticking off. He does petty things like that so much.

"These bin bags need taking out." He proceeds to walk off, with empty hands, and leaves me to carry about 10 heavy bags out.

At college there was always the typical grades issues already mentioned.
Person: I failed.
Me: What did you get?
Person: B. How about you?
Me: ....D.

I remember in my first year, a really ambitious Chinese girl was in floods of tears on results day. I asked a friend in her form why, and she told me it was because the girl had only got two A's and a B, not three A's. I didn't know what to say. I'd kill for grades like that.

Last edited by Sun; 08-08-2010 at 07:10 AM..

Textless Soul
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2010, 05:20 PM

I hate it when customers ask for things like pens but don't get any more specific then that, then they get annoyed when I point them in the five to seven places in the store where different kinds of "pens" are located. Do you need pens for glass/terra cotta pots, scrapbooking, canvas, paper, wood, plastic, metal, or ball point pens? Seriously, there's a whole lot of places where "pens" can be.

Also, "material" covers a wide-range of things as well. What kind of material are ya talking about? Wood material? Glass material? Paint material? Flower material? etc.

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:17 PM

The only thing that really gets on my wick at work is when people complain about prices to me as though I can do something about it. I'm sorry my boss is ripping you off, but sneering at me isn't going to change it. I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they would proceede to go be angry at him for it, but on the rare occassion they do go talk to him, they're all sweet and pleasant to him.

I have to admit I've been one of those people who's been angry about a B. When I study my bum off for something/work really hard, getting a B on it can be severely grunt worthy. I don't think I've ever called a B failing though. Though I have called a C- failing. -shrug- I guess it's just what you're used to.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 08-10-2010, 01:19 AM

I have quite a few. I work at Taco Bell, so...

When my co-workers just walk by a sink full of dishes.

When I'm working my butt off, others are standing around, and then someone asks me to do something. Why not ask all the others not doing anything?

When I have to take orders for drive-thru and front counter, and I'm in drive-thru taking orders and handing them out and a customer at front counter gets an attitude. I'm doing my best, trying to get to you as quickly as possible. I'm not ignoring you on purpose.

When the lobby closer doesn't do their job properly. Have things stocked up, trash taken out, tables wiped, floors swept, trays wiped down. 'Cause then, I have to do it when I get there in the morning, after prepping everything needed for the day 'cause I'm an opener. I don't need more work in the mornings. It makes me grouchy.

Ooh, and I really hate it when customers throw their money at me. It's extremely rude. Place it in my hand. I swear I'm clean, unlike some of you.

I'm sure there are more. Those are just the ones I can think of right now.

AlwaysDreamer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2010, 05:34 AM

I worked as an RA at my dorm...oh my god, I swear, that job pissed me off...

Honestly, college kids just don't want to be told to have common courtesy. I don't understand how people can be so rude. They would get so mad at me if I told them to turn stuff down. Here was one situation when the tv was too loud...

Me: Hey guys, it's past quiet hours, do you think that you could turn the tv down?
Them: *sitting as far away from the tv as possible* But we can't hear it
Me: Well then sit closer?
Them: We're comfortable here.
Person from a room: Guys I can't sleep, will you turn that down?
Me: Told you...*writes up*

I can't even believe it. These kids are supposed to be "adults", but they won't even mind other people when it's late at night. And then they throw massive fits when I try to step in. I've had a couple of residents who I had to remind EVERY SINGLE NIGHT to keep it down, and they talk behind my back about how horrible I am. Really? At least I'm not rude! I also had a guy call me a nazi at a concentration camp because I told him that he had to clean his room before he was allowed to move out. I'd like to send him to a real concentration camp...arg.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First to Never Know View Post
I have quite a few. I work at Taco Bell, so...

When my co-workers just walk by a sink full of dishes.

When I'm working my butt off, others are standing around, and then someone asks me to do something. Why not ask all the others not doing anything?

When I have to take orders for drive-thru and front counter, and I'm in drive-thru taking orders and handing them out and a customer at front counter gets an attitude. I'm doing my best, trying to get to you as quickly as possible. I'm not ignoring you on purpose.

When the lobby closer doesn't do their job properly. Have things stocked up, trash taken out, tables wiped, floors swept, trays wiped down. 'Cause then, I have to do it when I get there in the morning, after prepping everything needed for the day 'cause I'm an opener. I don't need more work in the mornings. It makes me grouchy.

Ooh, and I really hate it when customers throw their money at me. It's extremely rude. Place it in my hand. I swear I'm clean, unlike some of you.

I'm sure there are more. Those are just the ones I can think of right now.

D: Dude, I know exactly what you mean. I've had that done to me before. It's so frustrating, I wanna scream.

Lacquer
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2010, 02:27 PM

I work at the deli at Food Lion, so I usually get a wild variety of special customers. First of all, if ALL of my lights are off, odds are I'm closed. Second of all, if my hair net is gone, apron gone and even my name tag (the one that I wear to let my customers know I am eager to help) is gone, odds are..I'm closed. If I'm heading toward the opposite end of the deli, to where the clock in computer is..and my lights are off and I'm carrying my personal items..odds are..yeah..I'm probably closed.

If my front light is off, I'm most likely closed too. Or at least getting ready to close. And if I say I'm closed, and it's at the closing hour, don't get in a tizzy when I don't trip over myself to get you your half a pound of meat. And then go running off to the front desk to complain about how dare I say I'm closed when YOU know what time the deli closes. Don't be super surprised when I take my time getting your half a pound of meat. Next time, shop a lil bit earlier. By like 15 minutes, or even call it in. >_>

I have others. Lots of special customers. -.-