View Single Post
lostnkunfusion
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM

I'm telling you this from personal experience.
Don't pressure him to talk about it. Wait until he is ready. When he is ready don't blow him off, sit and listen to every word he has to say. Pressuring him at this point will only make him feel worse, blowing him off and ignoring him will make him feel like no one really cares. So if you care about this guy, please please please just stick by his side and tell him that he doesn't have to talk about it until he's ready and when he's ready you're all ears.

About 4 years ago when my mother passed away, I went through a lot of the same stuff he's going to go through right now. But keep in mind that it is normal for him to go through the grief steps (denial, anger, sorrow, and acceptance) and he'll go through them at his own pace. And one of the best things for him is to have someone as loving as you to be right there by his side helping him all the way.

And also, none of this is your fault. None of this is his fault. Sometimes people that commit suicide have a lot of inner trouble and they have a hard time reaching out to find people to help them.

I'm very sorry to hear about the lose of his mother, my heart goes out to the guy, may God be with him and his family.

Last edited by lostnkunfusion; 04-29-2010 at 09:10 AM..