View Single Post
hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 AM

I'm avoiding the holy war religious aspect, but I wanted to voice my opinion. I have absolutely no problem with the NFL protesting. But do so not while at work. I wouldn't want to pay $1,000 to take a family of four to go see a football game 2 have to put up have to watch someone's political opinions. A political debate is for that. What I would like to see is young men from the NFL going into their communities doesn't have to be the city they play for but where they were brought up their communities and getting people together to work out differences. I don't know what see it City it is but some young athletes and I'm not sure what branches they were from I think it might have been basketball but I'm not positive. Anyway they got together with some of the police officers from that City who just happened to be ex-military members and they worked with younger children to teach them how to get along. And they did it by teamwork not by preaching who's better or who's not better than someone else. That's what bothers me about this it's not about color, religion or nationality or anything like that. I personally think Kaepernick was just trying to be relevant in his career that was faltering. But that's just my opinion he could be much deeper than that. I just don't see it. And I think it's snowballed from there and I'm sure people have good intentions. But to me kneeling while the national anthem is playing is unpatriotic and that's what bothers me. I think it's great that you play a kids game and make millions and millions of dollars and you have this fantastic platform. Then use it in a positive means in your neighborhood in the city plays for neighborhood. And unite people don't divide them. I'm sure everybody's going to hate what I have to say and I try to keep my opinion mostly to myself but I just felt I needed to say that because I've been an Eagles fan since I can remember. And breaks my heart that I can't watch him when they're having an eight in one season. Like I said in the above post I really admire long, he put his money where his mouth is and he does not disrespect the flag while doing so. That's all I'm saying. No I have something else to say. Sorry Maria that this went away from the positive football thread that you were trying to create. I still love the Eagles. Fly Eagles Fly!

Last edited by hummy; 11-10-2017 at 07:18 AM..