View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-16-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpressofEvil View Post
  • Potentially being lied to in regards to Jelly leaving.
Can I just say that no one is being lied to about Jelly. Staff has been as upfront as they can about Jelly's leaving. It's really Jelly's business to talk about it and she opted not to do so on Mene. The staff has given you as much information as Jelly wanted out there and as much information as the staff felt appropriate to say because it's not their story to tell.

What the staff has told you isn't a lie. They aren't going to elaborate on it though because that's up to Jelly herself.

It wasn't on bad terms, I can promise you that. <3 Jelly is beloved by all on mene, including staff, and we ALL wish she was still here.

(I'm former staff, so I hope they don't mind me answering this. Not only that, but Jelly is a good friend. She is the one who inspired me to pixel and get better at pixeling. She took a chance on me and I love her dearly.).

---------- Post added 04-16-2017 at 10:55 PM ----------

I also want to say that mene caters to users who want to actually have conversations. Gaia/recolor.me is more spammy...it's more inviting to young people who live in the world of 160 characters/post and that's it. Once they get older, I find they realize they want more and navigate to sites more like Mene.

Gaia/recolor/etc have a lot of advertising and Mene doesn't make enough money to spend on advertising unfortunately. So I think those are a couple reasons Mene is slower.

EDIT:

I also think that many of the old users are now....old. Seriously. I was a teen when I joined mene. I'm now 27 years old. I just bought a house. I work full time. I'm married. I don't have the time to devote to coming on here as much as I used to. I used to pixel for mene and I LOVED it. There was time when that was the ONLY thing I did when I came home from work. And I burnt out and decided I needed more in my life. I love mene dearly and always will. But I stepped down from staff and I don't come on that often simply because I made my real life a priority at the moment. I think a LOT of users did the same.

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 04-16-2017 at 10:00 PM..