QueenPeppermint
Queen Of Broken Hearts

Old 01-17-2014, 08:21 PM

I noticed that Mene has no Celiac/gluten intolerance boards so I thought I'd start a recipe forum. I will post two of my favorite recipes, one modified to be gluten free and the other is my own personal recipe.

Honey Sesame Chicken

SPOILERX

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
1 cup rice flour
3 eggs
salt and pepper
¼ cup canola oil
Sauce:
1 1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cup tamari sauce
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 t sesame oil
3 t minced leek (whites only)
2 T cornstarch
additional sesame seeds for garnish

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
In separate bowl, place rice flour. Dip chicken into rice flour. I have also found that you can put the chicken pieces in a gallon size bag and shake to coat.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine honey, tamari sauce, sweet chili, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced leek, and 2 T cornstarch. Pour over chicken and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I stirred the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.

Original recipe from Baked Honey Sesame Chicken | The Recipe Critic

QueenPeppermint's Gluten free chicken "Pierogi's"

SPOILERX

Your favorite pizza dough mix, prepared
1 c Cooked diced chicken thigh meat
4 c your favorite greens (I like to use a mixture of spinach, dandelion, and chard) finely diced
1/2 chopped leek (whites and light greens only)
1 T oil (I use coconut)
1/2 C Your favorite white sauce recipe
1/4 C your favorite white cheese (optional)
2 T GF flour for dusting
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375F

Saute greens and leeks in oil on stove over medium heat until wilted then add chicken and white sauce. Cook until white sauce has reduced by 1/3 being careful not to burn mixture. Turn off heat and add cheese (if using) once mixture is cooled. While chicken and veggie mixture is cooling, roll pizza dough into eight rounds. Spoon 1/3 C of mixture onto middle of each round being careful to avoid edges (pierogi's will not seal if edges become wet). Fold dough into half moon shapes and gently but firmly seal the edges. Dust baking sheet or stone with flour and tap off excess. Place pierogi's on pan/stone and bake for half an hour to forty minutes. Pierogi's should be golden brown. Enjoy.

Note- there may be extra filling, enjoy it in an omelette or do what I do and eat it plain.

Last edited by QueenPeppermint; 01-18-2014 at 12:00 AM..

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-03-2014, 09:56 PM

How did I miss this thread previously? Thank you for posting these. Most of what we look for are gf recipes for baked goods - and I often bypass recipes like this for some reason. The periogi recipe may even appeal to my youngest who is super picky. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 PM

I just saw something yesterday for gluten free waffle cones. Thought I had posted here before? Hmm.

Soki Rachiki
*^_^*

Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

I have made a spin-off of a recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies I found on About.com:Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Well, I have made a few changes to the above recipe. I have come up with double chocolate cookies after a few tries and I think I have it right this time.

SPOILERX

Double Chocolate Cookies (with optional peanut butter/almond butter!)

Dry Ingredients

1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond meal/flour
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (unless all-purpose flour already contains xanthan gum or otherwise specifies that it is unnecessary)
2 1/2 teaspoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Other Ingredients
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 stick butter
1 bag gluten-free chocolate chips
3 tablespoons nut butter (optional but recommended)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, get out two large baking sheets either lined with parchment paper or greased with olive or vegetable oil. Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until well-blended. Combine sugar and egg in large bowl until well-blended, then add butter once softened. Once the sugar, egg, and butter are fully blended, add the dry ingredients and combine until well-blended, then add the nut butter as desired and finally the chocolate chips (remember not to add the nut butter and chocolate chips at the same time). Once all of the ingredients are combined, soften the dough as much as possible. Finally, roll the dough into balls of desired size and place on the baking sheets. Bake for fifteen minutes or until browned to desired level.

Sorry if it is a bit wordy. This is my first recipe.

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 05-14-2014, 02:42 PM

Thank you so much for making this thread... My mom and brother have Celiac's disease (Both of them!!! -_-) and I love to cook dinners for the family. So it's been challenging finding things that we can all eat. This really made my day. Thank you so much for making this again!!!! So excited to try these recipes.