*^_^*

Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Hi, here is another dessert recipe!

Quote:
Creamy lemon squares

1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
1/2 cup(s) confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
4 large egg yolks
1 can(s) (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; butter paper.
2.Make crust: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Add flour, and mix on low just until combined. Press dough into the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan; prick all over with a fork. Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
3.Make filling: In a large bowl, whisk together yolks, condensed milk, and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over hot crust in pan; return to oven, and bake until filling is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
4.Refrigerate until filling is firm, about 2 hours or up to 3 days. Using paper overhang, lift cake onto a work surface; cut into 16 squares, and dust with confectioners sugar.
The recipe is from Delish.com

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to xnozomichanx

Old 02-21-2010, 11:46 PM

Oh I haven't anything lemon in ages :( Just realized that, though I wish I had some to pelt at my sisters :twisted:

Frixxy
*^_^*

Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 PM

Hi there I love to cook so I'll bombard you with tons of recipes. :3 First my favorite drink.

Quote:
Mango Lassi

-1 cup (approx. 2) ripe Mango,peeled and with pit cut out,
-3/4 cup plain* or vanilla yogurt
-1/2 cup of milk
-approx. 2 cups ice

Place all ingredents in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

*Note: If you use plain yogurt, you may want to add a little sugar to counter the tang of the yogurt.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frixxy View Post
Hi there I love to cook so I'll bombard you with tons of recipes. :3 First my favorite drink.
bombard away ^^ I love yogurt

I like your Gaia profile. Those are some pretty flowers ^^

Frixxy
*^_^*

Old 02-26-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Easy Slow Cooker Ribs

2-3 lbs pork ribs
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce
2 tsp. Garlic Poder
2 tsp. Onion Salt/Dried Onions
1 Tblsp. Brown Sugar

-Place Ribs in CrockPot/Slow Cooker, in a single layer if you can. If you can't wedge them in where you can.
- Top with the whole bottle of BBQ Sauce *Tip: I use a little water to get the last little bit out of the bottle.
- Add Spices and Brown Sugar. Add any others you like at this point as well.
-Put Cooker on 8-10 hour mode, and you're done. No stirring/flipping needed unless you had to make more than one layer. If you need to, rotate every several hours.

Good paired with Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
Quote:
Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes
Butter (to taste)
Brown Sugar (to taste)
Cinnamon (to taste)

-Boil potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash and add last ingredents. Enjoy!

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frixxy View Post
neither have I XD Gaia has becoming boring for me, plus all the ads and deals and ugh. Everything went down hill after the MTV crisis

eyelinerinblackplaid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 AM

a mango lassi recipe, how exciting! for once i'm sad that i don't have a blender.

i haven't been cooking much lately. i've been visiting my friend's a lot to watch the olympics (i don't have a tv). so, i've been eating lots of tasty food there, but nothing she or i cooked.

i did try that sweet and savory sausage 'casserole' in the slow cooker. it was quite tasty. it was a little on the sweet side, but that was exactly what i was in the mood for. the next time i make it, i think i'll omit the small amount of sugar, and add the apple later. after a few hours of cooking, the apples were mushy and the carrots were still a little crisp. i used spicy italian sausage, and i think that worked very well. a sweeter sausage might have made the entire dish too sweet.

later in the week i'm trying stuffed butternut squash with leftover pork and maple bacon. i made stuffed zucchini last fall, but i've never worked with butternut squash. any suggestions? thanks. ^_^

oh! and i made bread. i've never really done that before and i haven't baked much either. it turned out quite well and was lots of fun. you should all do it. i think i may have to make a few more loaves in different varieties.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-03-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelinerinblackplaid View Post
a mango lassi recipe, how exciting! for once i'm sad that i don't have a blender.

i haven't been cooking much lately. i've been visiting my friend's a lot to watch the olympics (i don't have a tv). so, i've been eating lots of tasty food there, but nothing she or i cooked.

i did try that sweet and savory sausage 'casserole' in the slow cooker. it was quite tasty. it was a little on the sweet side, but that was exactly what i was in the mood for. the next time i make it, i think i'll omit the small amount of sugar, and add the apple later. after a few hours of cooking, the apples were mushy and the carrots were still a little crisp. i used spicy italian sausage, and i think that worked very well. a sweeter sausage might have made the entire dish too sweet.

later in the week i'm trying stuffed butternut squash with leftover pork and maple bacon. i made stuffed zucchini last fall, but i've never worked with butternut squash. any suggestions? thanks. ^_^

oh! and i made bread. i've never really done that before and i haven't baked much either. it turned out quite well and was lots of fun. you should all do it. i think i may have to make a few more loaves in different varieties.
the butternut squash sounds good, you'll have to let me know how it goes, I've never stuffed anything :/ isn't fresh bread the best? warm cinnamon and raisin bread is sooo good. I love the smell of the bread aisle in stores.
I haven't been cooking much either, lifes been too hellish lately :(

eyelinerinblackplaid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 AM

i finally got to baking the butternut squash. it was quite tasty. ^_^ it wasn't amazing, but it was still very good and a nice change of pace from what i usually cook.

i started by cutting it in half, buttering the exposed surfaces, and baking it for about half an hour. in the mean time, i cooked the bacon (maple, because that's what we had) and chopping the leftover pork chops and turnip. after i'd cooked the bacon, i sauteed the turnip in some of the leftover bacon fat, then threw in some bread crumbs, the pork, and bits of bacon. i baked it, covered, for another forty five minutes or so. if i did it again/the next time, i think i'd use an onion ( i have no idea why i didn't use one in the first place), and skip the pork. and i think i'd bake the squash longer initially. it was still rather crisp when i was digging out the seeds and the stuffing really doesn't need to cook.

i'll let you guys know how it goes the next time and post a recipe if it turns out well. ^_^

so, any good recipes for spagetti squash? ^_~

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-09-2010, 05:47 AM

I wouldn't know about spaghetti squash, though the concept seems vaguely familiar...I just don't remember where I heard that. Darn.
I'm thinking about doing something really easy maybe tomorrow or sometime this week. Candied bacon. Found it here: How to Make Candied Bacon: 5 steps (with video) - wikiHow XD I can be unhealthy every once in a while, right? :D
I'm not entirely sure about what I want food wise at the moment. I would like to make a dish I ordered at Wegmans (much loved) it has butternut squash, spinach, dried cranberries and I think almonds...(it's been awhile since I had it last) but it was sooooo good. The squash was kind of velvety... everything just melted together so well

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
The Most Amazing Salad Ever

baby spinach
craisins
chopped pecans
blue cheese crumbles
strips of chicken
balsamic vinaigrette
This actually came as a kit with everything but the spinach. It's really good, but I can't remember the name of the company that makes it.

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 05-05-2010, 07:41 PM

This is a fantastic idea! I hope I can convince a certain family member to give me their recipes to put up here! Either way, I plan on using loads of these tasty recipes.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-06-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahhaha View Post
This is a fantastic idea! I hope I can convince a certain family member to give me their recipes to put up here! Either way, I plan on using loads of these tasty recipes.
Thanks! ^^ What tasty recipes do you have in store for me? >;D

aq_aria
Ultimate Tomgirl of Tomgirliness
Send a message via Yahoo to aq_aria

Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Here's a pasta recipe I saw online and thought was good
Quote:
Pasta and Herbs- Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

* 1/2 pound uncooked pasta
* 1/2 cup butter
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1 teaspoon ground savory
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons sliced black olives

Directions

1. Cook pasta according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in the herbs.
3. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with black olive slices and serve.

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM

thanks for the recipe! :D that sounds good, save for the olives though ^^;

Tigermirage
*^_^*

Old 07-24-2010, 01:11 AM

I just tried this recipe tonight and it was quick, easy and tasted fantastic!!
Quote:
Creamy Mushroom Bowties
Ingredients
6 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 package (4.4 ounces) garlic-herb cheese spread
1/4 cup chicken broth
Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, salt and pepper in butter until tender. Add cheese spread and broth; cook and stir until blended. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
This recipe is from Tasteofhome.com. There are lots of fabulous recipes there!

xnozomichanx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-26-2010, 12:03 AM

I think my mother made that or something similar once, don't know why she hasn't made it again, it was really good if I recall correctly ^^; thanks for the site =3 they have a lot of desserts which is great for when I visit my boyfriend and his family ^^

Last edited by xnozomichanx; 07-26-2010 at 12:08 AM..