The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2017, 10:09 PM

So I was curious today about the crime rate of my city, which I know is a 3% where 100% is the safest. But it didn't really hit me until I looked up furgeson. That city they burned to the ground. It's a 4%.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-30-2017, 05:13 AM

We have a friend who plans to move to Albuquerque, New Mexico...even though the crime rating for the state is a 2. He is moving there because the cost of living is so low...Well, with that crime rating, it's no wonder!
He is a Christian and says things like "If it's my time to be the victim of a violent crime, then so be it. I'm not afraid of death."
I hope it works out for him!

I hope you stay safe where you are...I hadn't realized that Washington state was such a dangerous place to live!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-30-2017, 05:29 AM

The ones who aren't afraid of death are more likely to end up the victim of a violent crime. They don't protect themselves enough. The first part of staying safe is to be aware of your surroundings at all times.

It's not the danger that really has me at risk though. Seattle area has a thing for stabbing people. I don't know why. Everyone else has shootings... we have stabbings... I hear it being called the hipster capital of the world is that why?

What makes me unsafe is that we have a crime ring living next door, we've had pot dealers next door, oxy dealers, meth dealers... those are what I worry about.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-30-2017, 06:16 PM

I am not familiar with your location but hope you are safe, the wandering poet. And glad you are moving soon, hopefully away from potential danger

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-30-2017, 07:35 PM

Might be safe... do crime rings usually Rob their neighbors?

Learned about our 4th crime ring right next to our home the other day. We don't know what crimes they do but it's very elaborate.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-30-2017, 07:39 PM

I have lived in a rural suburb my whole life...
Most of the neighbors don't even smoke here, let alone run crime rings. :s

I would move out of there ASAP because I'd be freaking out about being unsafe.

Hell, I was freaking out about being unsafe in LA... in a gated community.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-30-2017, 07:55 PM

You should be alright in a gated community.

Well ava this is the 4th crime ring that has set up right next to our house. So I mean... I've already survived 3 of them.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-01-2017, 12:34 AM

I used to live in a neighborhood that was a crime ring in itself!
The secret to survival in such places is to keep to yourself and act like you don't know what's going on...and never be on foot after dark!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-01-2017, 02:42 AM

Oh gosh I'd never want to be on foot after dark... the people here can't drive!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-01-2017, 11:45 PM

I live right outside Detroit....like I can walk 10 minutes and be in the city. Drugs are getting to be a huge issue here which is where the increase of crimes has come from. It's not that uncommon to see someone out with a gun in the open. No use in calling the police because unless someone is injured or dead they say they won't show up. Arguments resulting in shootings are common. Mostly, if you keep to yourself and don't get involved with drugs then you're mostly okay. I do often have people come up to me when I'm out walking asking why I'm out by myself or if I need a ride or asking if I have drugs but other than that I've only had a handful of times when I had someone actually grab me to the point I felt threatened. I really want to move but I can't afford it at the moment. Luckily, my children got moved to a better area so I don't have kids to worry about at the moment.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 01:42 AM

Wow... that sounds pretty bad. Detrioit is labeled a 4%. Still classified as safer than where I live...
I want to move so bad... the place I want to move to is a 30%... but likely I'd live in an area near it at 11%

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 AM

wow I wonder what the crime rate is where I am now. Where can you check?

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-02-2017, 04:54 AM

Google "What is the crime rate in 'city,' 'state.'

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Salvete - Check Neighborhood Scout