HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 10-03-2017, 04:55 PM

So this recently came up while watching Dragon's Den (British version of Shark Tank) there was a couple hoping to get investment in a set to teach kids how to hold their knife & fork properly.

Which brought the mothership, sister and myself to question "There's a correct way to hold you knife ?!"

I hold my knife pen style, which is apparently perfectly acceptable, which my sister has brought up before to which I asked how else do you hold a knife ?!

Which way do you holdd your knife & fork when eating ? If you use a knife as you eat (looking at you America).

This guide is from 1951.

PrincessMiah

Old 10-03-2017, 05:23 PM

I either hold it Pen style or the Only way.
Not because i was taught but that is how it naturally comes to me. but a lot of children eat just like the 4th picture, i guess its easier for them that way. I personally don't mind how people hold their utensils as long as their not chewing with their mouth open or talking with their mouths full

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-04-2017, 05:23 AM

I periodically change how I'm holding the knife as I go through the meal I most definitely do not hold it correctly.

We use knives... I just usually will use a fork if it cuts easily.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-06-2017, 03:05 PM

I rarely use a knife because I don't eat meat...

I usually just use knives to stir my tea when I don't have any spoons clean.
But usually, I use PEN style.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-15-2017, 07:11 AM

I'm definitely on the rugged side and poorly bred. My eugenicist masters were so cruel.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-16-2017, 04:39 AM

I use the rugged hold. XD Or really....I don't like to use a knife. At home I try to avoid it and cut with my fork or uh, just eat without cutting. In public though, I do cut the meat into appropriate portions should I be eating the rare piece of meat served in a slab.