Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-16-2017, 11:11 PM

I need a new phone....I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active...I LOVE my phone. But it's so SLOW and turns off randomly.

OTL

I hate buying new phones - they are so expensive!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:15 AM

I have an iphone.
Its not super new or anything but its nice (because I've taken damn good care of it, bought a good case, kept it safe, cleaned it carefully, etc).
It also still updates to the new iOS (for now) lol which is kinda nice because some of the new options in the latest iOS are amazing!
And then they redid some features that didn't work very well, but now work great.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
I have an iphone.
Its not super new or anything but its nice (because I've taken damn good care of it, bought a good case, kept it safe, cleaned it carefully, etc).
It also still updates to the new iOS (for now) lol which is kinda nice because some of the new options in the latest iOS are amazing!
And then they redid some features that didn't work very well, but now work great.
I definitely take care of mine - it's just several years old at this point. And that's okay. LOL I just don't want it to turn off and never come back on LOL

Apple products always confuse me XDD

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I definitely take care of mine - it's just several years old at this point. And that's okay. LOL I just don't want it to turn off and never come back on LOL

Apple products always confuse me XDD
my boyfriend used to be tech support at apple so he at least roughly knows how to solve most problems, or, knows where to look for a solution. :)
i never have to worry about my phone because I can just be like, "babe its doing the thing again" "what thing" "that thing i was complaining about earlier where it does the 'swishy' effect, make it stop!!"
"swishy effect?? you mean between changing tabs?"
"yesss"
"ok hand me your phone"

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
my boyfriend used to be tech support at apple so he at least roughly knows how to solve most problems, or, knows where to look for a solution. :)
i never have to worry about my phone because I can just be like, "babe its doing the thing again" "what thing" "that thing i was complaining about earlier where it does the 'swishy' effect, make it stop!!"
"swishy effect?? you mean between changing tabs?"
"yesss"
"ok hand me your phone"
HAHA that's nice! It's like your own personal tech support!

Luckily my hubby is just super "techy" and can usually get things to work for me. If he can't...my mom can :P She's super techy too XD

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
HAHA that's nice! It's like your own personal tech support!

Luckily my hubby is just super "techy" and can usually get things to work for me. If he can't...my mom can :P She's super techy too XD
I mean once he's done something for me once or twice (or if he starts rambling about a new update) I can kinda figure it out on my own.
But when a new iOS hits I'm always confused for a week or two.
For example; "Where did they move that setting to!?"

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I mean once he's done something for me once or twice (or if he starts rambling about a new update) I can kinda figure it out on my own.
But when a new iOS hits I'm always confused for a week or two.
For example; "Where did they move that setting to!?"
I can't even do it after they've done it for me. Every week my hubby has to cast my NFL football game to our TV for me because I can't get it to work on my computer LOL

I get so frustrated with technology :P

Oh I can imagine a new iOS throwing me for a loop D:

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I can't even do it after they've done it for me. Every week my hubby has to cast my NFL football game to our TV for me because I can't get it to work on my computer LOL

I get so frustrated with technology :P

Oh I can imagine a new iOS throwing me for a loop D:
That was one of the first things my bf made sure I could do when we got the apple TV and the chromecast...made sure I could work them if not from my pc, at least from my phone.
so grateful he is so patient with me because I still screw it up sometimes.

I'm not super tech savvy with anything else though.
But I try. I also get very frustrated with technology sometimes though. There are certain things I won't do because I don't want to screw them up.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 09:50 AM

It's a... I'm not even sure.

It was my dads old phone a sony xperia.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 04:08 PM

About a week ago, I have the Samsung Galaxy S4. It had been my phone for about five years. I however dropped it and broke the screen completely so I now have the S7. I'm still getting used to it, but overall I have to say it's a huge upgrade. XD

Since I can't afford a new phone or not having one, my mom is paying for it. In exchange, I am doing all the yard work until winter comes and then the painting and such when my mom gets around to remodeling my old bedroom into a guest room.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-17-2017, 04:52 PM

I loved my s5 until it started having issues with turning off randomly too. It died when I was visiting my husband. I put it through the xray at the airport and it died. Lol Never had a problem with other phones so I think it just so happened to give out then.

Currently, I have an s7. I'm happy with it for the time being. I take care of my phones for the most part so I'll have them for years until they die on me. I use it for work so I need something that I can open Word documents on and email easy on. I also use it for entertainment since I do not own a TV. It works for what I need it for so I can't complain.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-17-2017, 07:15 PM

*shouts from a cliff* IT'S MY MOM'S FLIP PHONE FROM THE STONE AGE BECAUSE I HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE!
I only carry it because she wants to be able to contact me if I go somewhere. Other than that… I legit don't use it.

Modern phones are so fragile and go obsolete so fast.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-18-2017, 12:06 AM

I have Galaxy Grand Prime I know its. made by Samsung I think it may be a older phone. cause its hard find a phone case for it. the phone works great so I can't complain too much. my last phone was Galaxy S4 I had that phone for four long years. by the time I was ready to exchange that phone. it started to go crazy on me. opening up app's at random that I did not touch.

But on the other hand my mom has the worst luck. with her cell phones,oh the stories I got. are not half as bad as my aunt's luck with computers.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-18-2017, 01:44 AM

I still need to buy a case for my phone. Since the s8 is already out, they didn't have cases for the s7 in stores anymore. I'll probably just get a clear one and put kpop photocards in it.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 AM

I don't even know... I just know I downgraded a lot because it's a piece of crap.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-18-2017, 08:15 AM

Mine is a Kyocera...
It is rugged and can endure some abuse...and it can take pictures under water...but I'm not brave enough to try it!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-18-2017, 05:44 PM

I have an iPhone SE
It's not a bad phone, but I wish I could have a newer iPhone...

Viveka
:3

Old 10-19-2017, 01:51 AM

I have an iPhone 7. My mom bought it for me this summer because it was on sale (probably because the new iPhone would be released in two months ...) I want to switch back to an older model of iPhone because I miss the standard headphone jack :(

shades_of_grey
[default]
Send a message via AIM to shades_of_grey Send a message via MSN to shades_of_grey

Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 AM

I have the Samsung Galaxy S7, and I love it a lot. I'm really fond of the Galaxy S series, and so far they have treated me right. The only reason I have the S7 is because I dropped my S5 in a sink full of water... and it died on me... I miss that phone. (The S7 is still very nice, but almost too big for my pants pockets.)

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 10-26-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveka View Post
I have an iPhone 7. My mom bought it for me this summer because it was on sale (probably because the new iPhone would be released in two months ...) I want to switch back to an older model of iPhone because I miss the standard headphone jack :(
This is why I'll never get the newer iPhones. I hate the new, overpriced silly earpods. So unnecessary.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-26-2017, 09:57 PM

I found that to be such a ridiculous change...
It's basically blatantly saying "We want to exploit you for money"