Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 PM

hummy:

The Eagles are having a dynamite season so far! So much better than I could ever hope for! I hope they keep it up!

In fact...ALL my football teams are rocking this year - my pro team (Eagles) are 5-1 so far, my college team (UCF) is undefeated so far, and my high school team (mind you...they won 3 games in the 4 years I attended my high school) are 5-1 as well.

Anyone else love football? :D

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-19-2017, 04:35 AM

I used to like football more in the past, but I've been turned off by the overwhelming and staggering corruption in the NFL most fans choose to ignore. NFL games, especially playoff games and the Stupor Bowl, are deliberately thrown. Take last year's AFC championship game, for example. The Patriots' TE Hogan ends up being wide open for three touchdown passes. What defensive coordinator doesn't catch on to the fact that someone might want to cover the Tight End?

Now these spoiled malcontents are further dividing Americans with this kneeling nonsense during the National Anthem.

And the University of Arizona Wildcats have been mediocre since letting Larry Smith leave for a certain puking university in Southern California. With 1993 being a rare exception. Fortunately, our basketball program remains solid.

And your high school alma mater, like mine, still only wins two or three football games per year.

---------- Post added 10-18-2017 at 11:13 PM ----------

It is a dark day for our noble land.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-21-2017, 12:18 PM

My dad calls the Patriots the "Cheatriots" after they somehow managed to pick up the blitzes from our Defensive Coordinator, Jimmy Johnson, back in 2004...no other team managed to figure them out and yet they anticipated every single blitz. Found out later the patriots had videotaped some of th eagles practices...of course they still got to keep their super bowl titled despite that.

But I still enjoy it - rooting for my underdog team. Last week against the Panthers we had some crap refs who penalized us over 100 yards in the game and the panther only had a 1 yard pentaly for the entire game. This same ref has penalized the eagles over 40 times total in the last 4 games he's reffed for the Eagles and only 8 times for all 4 opposing teams combined. We still won the game so...fuck you ref ;)

Are we really going to bring up the kneeling during the anthem? Cause I'm here to tell you I support it. I know you're probably going to bitch me out for being unAmerican. But if i don't feel respected by my country, why the hell would I stand up for the anthem? It's great if you're a white man in America...but any kind of minority: black, woman, gay, etc...not so much. Nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise to be perfectly honest with you. And people keep yelling at them to stand up but....there is NO law that requires you to stand during the anthem. SO they can do what they please.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-25-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
My dad calls the Patriots the "Cheatriots" after they somehow managed to pick up the blitzes from our Defensive Coordinator, Jimmy Johnson, back in 2004...no other team managed to figure them out and yet they anticipated every single blitz. Found out later the patriots had videotaped some of th eagles practices...of course they still got to keep their super bowl titled despite that.

But I still enjoy it - rooting for my underdog team. Last week against the Panthers we had some crap refs who penalized us over 100 yards in the game and the panther only had a 1 yard pentaly for the entire game. This same ref has penalized the eagles over 40 times total in the last 4 games he's reffed for the Eagles and only 8 times for all 4 opposing teams combined. We still won the game so...fuck you ref ;)

Are we really going to bring up the kneeling during the anthem? Cause I'm here to tell you I support it. I know you're probably going to bitch me out for being unAmerican. But if i don't feel respected by my country, why the hell would I stand up for the anthem? It's great if you're a white man in America...but any kind of minority: black, woman, gay, etc...not so much. Nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise to be perfectly honest with you. And people keep yelling at them to stand up but....there is NO law that requires you to stand during the anthem. SO they can do what they please.
The whole kneeling deal is contrived in my opinion. Obama couldn't seem to finish the job dividing Americans along racial lines so this kneeling nonsense has to come along. I obviously can't prove this, but it makes little sense that so many black Americans have been so successful, yet a select few feel the need to disrespect the flag. These few are free to make that choice to kneel during the anthem, but I also have the choice to not watch the NFL.

And your father is correct. The Cheatriots are just as he says, but I believe the cheating, thus the throwing of games, is authorized from on high. I've suspected this since 1996 when John Elway was given two Super Bowl victories. Poor Dan Marino and Jim Kelley.

Here's the part where I bitch you out: [:x]

I hope you have learned your lesson.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-28-2017, 11:34 AM

sadly I haven't been watching.
I do LOVE Long donating his pay, what a guy!

maybe I am the eagles goatiegoat!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-08-2017, 11:38 AM

Get your football fix on Friday and Saturday.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-08-2017, 08:00 PM

I'm a Nittany lion fan but I don't watch college ball
So apparently I'm the cursed eagle fan
I'm happy they're doing well. But as long as they continue to kneel I'll continue not to watch. I'm a patriot I defended the flag and the right for people to kneel during the national anthem. But that doesn't mean I have to watch. I don't know if it's just me but I get chills when I listen to the national anthem being played before a sporting event and when they fly missing man formation above I pray for the people who lost their lives defending our country.

Last edited by hummy; 11-08-2017 at 08:02 PM..

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 11-09-2017, 07:07 AM

I absolutely want to vomit on everything Mr. Wrong (aptly named) has to say 99.99% of the time, but I'm from Philly and wanted to say Woop woop! Eagles!

Also, for you approaching-over-the-hill white has-beens who have no excuse to not know better but simultaneously, nevertheless, have the faculties and common decency of TWO spoiled toddlers (as well as for everyone else in this fine thread), please do check out the brand new National African American Museum in D.C. You can pretty much get a ticket the morning of any visit by logging online on their website starting at 6:30 a.m. The museum is something every single white person in this nation needs to go to, because you know nothing. Me included, 'cause I'm white. I learned more than I ever could from some middle-aged white man.

There's also, coincidentally, a great exhibit that highlights the 50 years of history (that's right, Mr. Wrong!) of athletes of color PROTESTING IN SPORT. This may prompt you to read a book instead of talking out of your ass incessantly. Maybe you'll even stop posting batshit conspiracy theories supported by goobers like you. One can only hope.

Final word: The only way to support the highly reasoned protests of the NFL, which will prove to be a nice post-mortem study for Mr. Wrong beyond the grave as a lesson in "being on the wrong side of history," is to stop watching. Don't watch. Protest the NFL. Divest. It's a bloated 501(c)3 nonprofit as it is, a tax designation which is ridiculous given the services it provides for lonely white men everywhere in need of a reality check.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-10-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
I absolutely want to vomit on everything Mr. Wrong (aptly named) has to say 99.99% of the time, but I'm from Philly and wanted to say Woop woop! Eagles!

Also, for you approaching-over-the-hill white has-beens who have no excuse to not know better but simultaneously, nevertheless, have the faculties and common decency of TWO spoiled toddlers (as well as for everyone else in this fine thread), please do check out the brand new National African American Museum in D.C. You can pretty much get a ticket the morning of any visit by logging online on their website starting at 6:30 a.m. The museum is something every single white person in this nation needs to go to, because you know nothing. Me included, 'cause I'm white. I learned more than I ever could from some middle-aged white man.

There's also, coincidentally, a great exhibit that highlights the 50 years of history (that's right, Mr. Wrong!) of athletes of color PROTESTING IN SPORT. This may prompt you to read a book instead of talking out of your ass incessantly. Maybe you'll even stop posting batshit conspiracy theories supported by goobers like you. One can only hope.

Final word: The only way to support the highly reasoned protests of the NFL, which will prove to be a nice post-mortem study for Mr. Wrong beyond the grave as a lesson in "being on the wrong side of history," is to stop watching. Don't watch. Protest the NFL. Divest. It's a bloated 501(c)3 nonprofit as it is, a tax designation which is ridiculous given the services it provides for lonely white men everywhere in need of a reality check.
Jesus loves you so much that He died for your sins. Did you know that?

---------- Post added 11-09-2017 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote:
John 15:18-25 King James Version (KJV)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
Can't be about me all of the time.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 11-10-2017 at 05:21 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 AM

I'm avoiding the holy war religious aspect, but I wanted to voice my opinion. I have absolutely no problem with the NFL protesting. But do so not while at work. I wouldn't want to pay $1,000 to take a family of four to go see a football game 2 have to put up have to watch someone's political opinions. A political debate is for that. What I would like to see is young men from the NFL going into their communities doesn't have to be the city they play for but where they were brought up their communities and getting people together to work out differences. I don't know what see it City it is but some young athletes and I'm not sure what branches they were from I think it might have been basketball but I'm not positive. Anyway they got together with some of the police officers from that City who just happened to be ex-military members and they worked with younger children to teach them how to get along. And they did it by teamwork not by preaching who's better or who's not better than someone else. That's what bothers me about this it's not about color, religion or nationality or anything like that. I personally think Kaepernick was just trying to be relevant in his career that was faltering. But that's just my opinion he could be much deeper than that. I just don't see it. And I think it's snowballed from there and I'm sure people have good intentions. But to me kneeling while the national anthem is playing is unpatriotic and that's what bothers me. I think it's great that you play a kids game and make millions and millions of dollars and you have this fantastic platform. Then use it in a positive means in your neighborhood in the city plays for neighborhood. And unite people don't divide them. I'm sure everybody's going to hate what I have to say and I try to keep my opinion mostly to myself but I just felt I needed to say that because I've been an Eagles fan since I can remember. And breaks my heart that I can't watch him when they're having an eight in one season. Like I said in the above post I really admire long, he put his money where his mouth is and he does not disrespect the flag while doing so. That's all I'm saying. No I have something else to say. Sorry Maria that this went away from the positive football thread that you were trying to create. I still love the Eagles. Fly Eagles Fly!

Last edited by hummy; 11-10-2017 at 07:18 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-10-2017, 07:14 AM

I dislike the term 'Holy war' because no war ever fought was holy.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-10-2017, 07:15 AM

I'll stay out of the religious aspect

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

I'll stay out of the religious aspect
You're involved!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-19-2017, 10:19 PM

Fly Eagles Fly!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 11-20-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Fly Eagles Fly!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkey's.

Gobble gobble gobble.