Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-24-2017, 08:19 PM

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving (those who celebrate Thanksgiving of course).

We "hosted" Thanksgiving for the first time. Due to private circumstances, my mother in law called me about a week ago asking if they could have Thanksgiving at my husband and my house instead of theirs. I agreed. Luckily, my husband's parents cater, so she made all the food and brought it up with her. Except desserts - I made those :P

But it was 10 people in our new house - we don't even have a table or chairs LMAO. So the family all came together and brought chairs, a folding table, and dishes/silverware. LMAO

It went well :) But so many people make me anxious - I was happy when it was done!!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-24-2017, 08:52 PM

Our family doesn't really do big get together's for anything anymore. After gran passed it's become harder and harder to keep track of everyone. Everyone works such odd shifts from each other. I think 1998 was one last times where everyone made it, by 2005 it was like not even a thing.

I had good night with my girl. . .I'm not sure if we had turkey or not. It's been a month since mine.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-24-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Our family doesn't really do big get together's for anything anymore. After gran passed it's become harder and harder to keep track of everyone. Everyone works such odd shifts from each other. I think 1998 was one last times where everyone made it, by 2005 it was like not even a thing.

I had good night with my girl. . .I'm not sure if we had turkey or not. It's been a month since mine.
I actually prefer small get togethers with just my hubby and me. I'm very anti-social and introverted that it really makes me super anxious and stressed the whole time. I can feel myself relax when everyone leaves LOL. (So many things wrong with me haha).

That's nice to hang out with your girl though :)

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 11-24-2017, 09:08 PM

We had a nice Thanks Giving we had spiral ham and turkey. stuffing,roll's,peas and some chocolate silk pie. normally if my step dad is home we would have a big old feast of to much food.

It was just my mom,brother and my self this year. step brother went to his girlfriends house this year. stepdad is out of town on a job for work. but we will save him some food heck. even got him his own can of cranberry jelly.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-24-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor star rainbow View Post
We had a nice Thanks Giving we had spiral ham and turkey. stuffing,roll's,peas and some chocolate silk pie. normally if my step dad is home we would have a big old feast of to much food.

It was just my mom,brother and my self this year. step brother went to his girlfriends house this year. stepdad is out of town on a job for work. but we will save him some food heck. even got him his own can of cranberry jelly.
LOL My mother in law asked me if we wanted to keep the cranberry jelly leftovers or if she should take it home we were like "Take it! We'll giftwrap it for you!" We both think that stuff is nasty! LOL

That sounds like a nice Thanksgiving :) I definitely prefer and small affair :P

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 11-25-2017, 03:07 AM

I had a good thanksliving. :)
I don't like to celebrate the actual holiday, but my parents and I just eat a nice meal and watch movies. Pretty much what we do for every holiday. xD

I made a Tofurkey roast (for myself), an apple cider glazed turkey breast (for my dad), Mac and cheese with broccoli, purple mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, homemade biscuits... I also had a brownie and vegan pumpkin pie. :)

I think that was all...?

I can't remember all that I cooked.

But it was delicious.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-27-2017, 11:33 PM

It's been years since my family did thanksgiving with more than just our immediate family. We're just five altogether so our meal is quite simple. It was tasty, though the stuffing wasn't as good as last year. I miss having a bigger get together but with everyone else's family growing and everyone working now, it's too hard.
We kinda lazed this year too. We watched the Star Trek marathon and my dad didn't even stop watching to play the one board game we did. It wasn't bad though, really. There's just not much to say about it.