Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-10-2017, 02:15 PM

I got up at 7 this morning so I could run my errands and beat all the church goers who clog up the store on Sundays. I need to go to staples to get some stuff printed for my lesson plans this week (I need color copies not black and white or I would just do it at work).

So I turned on my computer about 7:05...it decided it was time to update before it would let me get to my lesson materials so I could put them on a flash drive to bring to staples.

It is 9:13....it still has not finished updating.

I hate when it forces you to update...it's ALWAYS at the most inconvenient time.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Ain't that the truth.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-14-2017, 10:51 AM

Amen.

ghostlyaura
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-06-2018, 11:51 AM

Yeah, I dislike those too and they take so long. I would not mind them if they were not so time consuming.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-07-2018, 09:38 PM

On a positive note at least your computer is working again =3

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-08-2018, 02:58 AM

After I bought my new laptop, it constantly wanted to do one update, restart, found another update, repeat for like 2 weeks.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-08-2018, 06:36 AM

Mine always seems to do it when we are having an event and its really active.

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 05-15-2018, 12:46 AM

Amen.
I've got a Windows 10 update that is attempting to force itself on my Acer.
Big problem: My Acer doesn't seem to agree with this update. It gets to a certain point and then gets stuck on a plain black screen.
This forces me to use the power button to turn it off and back on and it erases all update progress while booting up.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-15-2018, 02:27 AM

Me last week!

I pushed back the update as far as I could and then went back to the previous version...until one night it did it while I was sleeping. I literally woke up to it shutting itself off before the update. It wouldn't let me go back to a previous version after that to my graphics card hated my everything for a while.

It got so frustrating for me trying to update the drivers that refused to be updated I actually considered taking in to a shop. It only affected my online games (anything with 3D rendering it would black screen) A friend volunteered because he had an idea what was up, and did it for free for me. :D

I needed to run a few registry cleaners because it doesn't play nice with windows so it kept trying to dl old drivers on top of new ones for stupid reasons. Now's it's all good. So if you have any of those trying running them.
He put Cc-cleaner on for me (dl for free https://www.ccleaner.com/ ). So next time window tries something and it doesn't like my drivers suddenly I can try cleaning them myself. It also increases your computers speed. :D

Darkness Within: Sounds similar to the problems I had with my Graphics card. Are your drivers up to date/can you update them? Mine weren't being updated properly by windows so I needed to do a whole thing.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 05-18-2018, 12:11 PM

My fiance keeps having problems with windows force restarting his computer...lol I don't seem to have that issue, it politely asks me to restart in the corner and I don't have to say "later" or anything I can just do it whenever.