Turquoise Heart
ᙙᙖ

Old 07-29-2017, 02:58 PM

Im thinking about making another facebook account to keep in touch with family and a few old friends but kinda like idk because i wouldnt have very many friends on there xD usually you see people on there with over or up to 500 friends idk id feel left out cause im not a huge amount of people person if that makes sense im just contemplating this ive been fine without fb for so long last time it just got to where i couldnt handle the social media scene what are yalls thoughts about social media?

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 07-29-2017, 04:35 PM

Don't have a facebook. And i don't think I'll ever make one.
Don't really need it and i've made it this far without one :p

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-30-2017, 06:12 PM

The only reason I have a Facebook is to keep promoting my music and other business-y things.
Otherwise, I don't use Facebook at all.

I also occasionally use it to talk to my friends in foreign countries,
But that's so rare, I usually talk to them on Skype, so it's not even really critical that I keep my account, at least, not my personal account.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 07-30-2017, 08:24 PM

I use facebook every day. It is my primary way of messaging my friends and keeping in touch with friends from before -nods-

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2017, 04:18 AM

I use facebook more for reading articles and entertainment than I do actually keeping up with people. Usually I text people or my core group of friends will hop into discord. If anything it seems I actually keep up with people through instagram now.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 07-31-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpressofEvil View Post
I use facebook more for reading articles and entertainment than I do actually keeping up with people. Usually I text people or my core group of friends will hop into discord. If anything it seems I actually keep up with people through instagram now.
That's probably my major use of Facebook too.

uncledaddy
swamp troll

Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 AM

i have a facebook so i can stay "connected" with my dad's side of the family, but i almost never log in and nobody really talks to me on there. i haven't given a crap about social media of that kind since myspace was all the rage. if someone actually wants to keep contact with me, they can talk to me on discord or over the phone like normal people.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 PM

What is discord?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-31-2017, 07:59 PM

I LOL'd at 'normal people'
I have NONE in my family!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 07-31-2017, 08:20 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I only have MAYBE 30 friends on Facebook, and close to or over half of them are family...
But I generally don't add people I don't know, and honestly only get maybe 1-2 new requests from strangers per year so...yeah.

I've kind of been getting turned off of Facebook a lot more recently though just because every other post (at least on the mobile app) is some suggested app add or suggested groups/topics to follow/friends to add. Not what I want from a "social" media site.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-31-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I only have MAYBE 30 friends on Facebook, and close to or over half of them are family...
But I generally don't add people I don't know, and honestly only get maybe 1-2 new requests from strangers per year so...yeah.

I've kind of been getting turned off of Facebook a lot more recently though just because every other post (at least on the mobile app) is some suggested app add or suggested groups/topics to follow/friends to add. Not what I want from a "social" media site.

hiya, Kaderine, sweetie!
nice to see you.
hope you have a great week <3

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-31-2017, 09:09 PM

I do not have social media. I do not need it. I have discord for a game. I have skype for friends. I have Menewsha.

uncledaddy
swamp troll

Old 08-01-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
What is discord?
an IM thing basically, mostly for gamers cause it has a bunch of relevant functions, but i use it instead of skype because it's less hard on my computer and way better for file sharing

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2017, 05:35 AM

I don't really use discord for messaging. File sharing only kind of because we share funny pictures but it's not really files. We mostly use discord for the voice features and we've eliminated the use of vent and skype since switching to discord. It just doesn't seem like skype has any features discord doesn't. Plus we like that discord can be browser based. I'd recommend people give it a try. I don't think it would replace social media as a platform though.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledaddy View Post
i have a facebook so i can stay "connected" with my dad's side of the family, but i almost never log in and nobody really talks to me on there. i haven't given a crap about social media of that kind since myspace was all the rage. if someone actually wants to keep contact with me, they can talk to me on discord or over the phone like normal people.
This is very much like me.

salvete: Discord is so much better than Skype. It is great! There is no face to face video calling yet, but I think they were talking about trying it at some point, either way it is just the best. You can join unlimited number of servers, not that you really need to. You can also check it out on a browser if you don't want to download the app yet. Give it a try. ^_^

(Has the Discord app on desktop and on phone, lol. All the promotion for Discord! A+++++)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-01-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledaddy View Post
an IM thing basically, mostly for gamers cause it has a bunch of relevant functions, but i use it instead of skype because it's less hard on my computer and way better for file sharing
ohh interesting thank you

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-11-2017, 02:11 AM

Most people I know have a Facebook so I tend to use that to keep in touch with friends and family. Other than that and Mene, I really do not have much else as far as social media goes. I really do not have a reason to since I only have about 80 or so people on my facebook.

When I used to work in radio, I had a lot more social media to keep in touch with people easier but now that I'm in a field that doesn't require me to be as social I am not as social.

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 02:09 PM

I love social media because in reality I have terrible social anxiety to the point where I even stutter when I speak to people. But I love to write so having Facebook allows me to keep in touch with friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances without the anxiety-inducing problems that come with face-to-face and telephone contact.

I have become really fond of Twitter lately. I don't have any actual friends there or people I really know, but it's a great way to follow artists who do beautiful work for fandoms I enjoy. I'm following over a thousand artists, most of them from Final Fantasy XV games. I also follow some political interests of mine and musicians I like.

I'm trying to get into Tumblr but I find the interface challenging and confusing. There seems to be a lot of negativity there, but it's also a gold mine for fan art so I tolerate it. And as a writer, I find it's the most popular place to promote my own work.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-02-2017, 07:15 AM

Menewsha is the only social media I participate on.
I hate Facebook with a passion!
My kids Facebook for hours but can't find time to text me just to say Hi!
In my opinion, Facebook is responsible for many people not knowing how to talk face to face with one another. They can Facebook with people across the globe, but shy away from speaking to people they see in person!
I live in a rural area where I rarely see people and I don't have any RL friends... Menewsha fits my needs for a social platform..kinda cozy, friendly and supportive, yet not demanding.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:04 PM

I personally love Facebook. I keep in touch with all my friends and my closest family that way because we are not always able to talk in person.