hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-27-2017, 08:54 PM

If you could name yourself what would you like it to be?
If you feel comfortable telling your real name, that's good too.
Does your name, real or what you would like it to be, have a meaning?

For those of you naming a baby,
what is your process?
what did you decide on naming your baby?

share as much as you feel comfortable sharing

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-31-2017, 09:12 PM

I actually legally changed my name a few years ago. I have the first and last name that I like for now. I did not take my husband's name, thankfully.

I didn't get a chance to name my son since he's not my biological child. I really like floral names and love the name Jasmine so her name came from that.

We didn't know what to name our daughter until after she was born. It was either Jasmine or Christina. We decided she was more of a Jasmine.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-01-2017, 03:42 AM

I always liked the idea of naming a child after you meet them. It seems more personal that way.

As for my name... I respond to anything so my name isn't all that valuable overall.

I bet hummy's ideal name is hummy

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-01-2017, 11:00 PM

My real name is Stacey plus I know the meaning behind it. it means Resurrection in Greek and is also Originally a short form of the name Anastasia.

Viveka
:3

Old 09-02-2017, 01:16 AM

I like my name. My mom wanted to name me Amber Rose, but my parents are Catholic, so they chose a saint's name instead. I'm glad, because people would make so many jokes if my name were Amber Rose D:

If I ever have a daughter, I want to name her Katherine Alice. I've always liked the name Katherine, and Alice would be after my grandmother and a friend of mine who passed away while I was in college.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-02-2017, 07:27 AM

My name is unique and spelled oddly...so people usually pronounce it wrong.
My mother was still under the affect of anesthesia after having a cesarean...56 years ago...when they had her fill out my name on the birth certificate.
I'm lucky my name even comes close to a "name!" Lol!
I like it, though...But as a kid I always wished my name was "Marissa Marie," ...but I outgrew the desire.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-12-2017, 02:21 AM

I've always liked my name: Tamara. People always ask me if I go by Tammy and honestly I don't because it just doesn't fit my personality. Everyone else just calls me Tam or Tamtam, which definitely fits my Vibe more.

The only time I ever was even slightly unhappy with my name was when I was younger in Sunday School, flipping through the bible and found out the story of David's daughter, Tamar...

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-19-2017, 05:54 PM

I do actually go by 'hummy'
nickname, of course =3
it started with 'sunshine'
that just drove me insane!
it's because i'm NOT a morning person.
that morphed to 'honey' cuz of my hair color.
then it has stayed 'hummy' due to my obsession!

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 PM

I was born in that unfortunate decade when my name was most popular among young parents, which means that I have met a lot of people who have the same name as I do.

I can't say I don't like it, I do, because it works across many different languages but I do think it's highly unoriginal.

I always liked the name Lily (Lilly, Lillie) and often wished that my parents had chosen that name for me.

If I have a child, I would like for them to be called Io - Io Karlo if it's a boy or Io Ana if it's a girl.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-19-2017, 08:06 PM

But wait isn't your natural hair color teal hummy?

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 09-20-2017, 04:30 AM

I have a very very different name. I've heard of only two people with it, one of which was who I was named after. Sometimes it's cool because it's different and I like explaining the backstory but most of the time it's a little tiring correcting people from a name that's very close to it. So I just give up and don't correct it lmao.

I've always adored Violet, Autumn and Oliver as names. I don't want children but if I were to have one I'd name them using one of those names.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-31-2017, 06:44 PM

Autumn is a very pretty name