Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 02:24 PM

How many and what kind of pets do you have? Share pics if you like!

I have 4 cats. My baby is Prince Charles (aka "Charlie"). He was a feral kitten we took in. He plays really rough and bites like he means to break bones, thereby earning the nickname "Dragon," but when he's sleepy he is an absolute angel. When he was still a kitten he'd wrap his little body around my neck like a scarf and sleep on my throat. Now when he tries that, I can't breathe. LOL He's 2 now but he absolutely loves to be picked up and held. When he purrs he drools, and then he bits my fingers to counteract the spit or something. I dunno, but I find it cute!

Viveka
:3

Old 10-01-2017, 06:33 PM

Aw, I love cats!! Charlie sounds adorable

I have three cats - two are brothers with cerebellar hypoplasia, a neurological condition whose effects are similar to cerebral palsy in humans, I guess. IRL, that just means they're adorably clumsy!

The third cat is younger. We adopted him at the end of July when I got my new job. Here is a picture of the first two cats, Calvin and Hobbes (hopefully the link works):

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-01-2017, 10:06 PM

I have 3 dogs oldest is Levi he is 9 years old. then we have Teddy Bear how is a girl and lastly we have. my baby Coco how is a year old.

I'll add photo's later I need some update ones.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-01-2017, 10:50 PM

I used to have many pets but now I only have 4 cats and a dog. Three of my cats are Siamese mixes and my big kitten is a Mainecoon mix.

My seal point Siamese boys are brothers and they were found in someone's backyard after their mother was hit by a car. I got a phone call at 2am from animal control asking if I could take in 2 more kittens. At the time I already had a litter of five kittens I was fostering but said yes anyway since they were 5 weeks old and eating on their own already. That was 14 years ago and my boys were my first foster fails. I just fell in love and they became so attached to me that I couldn't get rid of them. Mocha and Bagheera are their names.

My girl blue point Siamese I got when she was a year old. Some lady was trying to breed her but she "wouldn't eat" and was VERY skinny. So I talked the lady into giving me her because I was afraid she was going to starve the poor cat. Sadly, she wouldn't give up any of the other 8 cats she had and they were fine so nothing was ever done about her owning cats she shouldn't own. Sadira is one of the sweetest cats that I ever had. She just wants to be held and petted 24/7.

Neville or "Sir Longbottom" as we nicknamed him, came from someone who didn't know how to handle having a big cat that likes to play rough. He's a little over a year old and is 23 lbs. He's a big boy and quite a handful but I love him anyway. I get him in March this year but he acts like he's always lived here. I tried adopting him out but didn't get anyone interested so I decided to keep him after trying for a month. He has gotten much better about not using his claws since I've been working with him and he doesn't bite when he plays but licks instead.

My dog came from a mall chain store. I put her in my jacket and just walked out. She was really sick when I got her and when I got her to the vet she was very dehydrated and had a severe bacterial infection in her lungs. She also had mites. The reason I took her is that the store didn't seem to care that she was sick. I pointed out she was sick when I was holding her and they said a lot of the dogs come in sick and they send them back to the "breeder" if they're sick. So I just walked out when the associate went to deal with someone else. I filed a complaint against the store for selling sick dogs. They are no longer open, thankfully. My dog just turned 8 and is a Maltese/Yokie mix. The store was 2 1/2 hours away from where I live so I was never caught, thankfully. Her name is Ferra.

As a side note, I do not condone shoplifting dogs. Being caught would not have been a good thing for myself or my dog if I did get caught.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-02-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveka View Post
Aw, I love cats!! Charlie sounds adorable

I have three cats - two are brothers with cerebellar hypoplasia, a neurological condition whose effects are similar to cerebral palsy in humans, I guess. IRL, that just means they're adorably clumsy!

The third cat is younger. We adopted him at the end of July when I got my new job. Here is a picture of the first two cats, Calvin and Hobbes (hopefully the link works):

Your cats are absolutely beautiful animals!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 10-02-2017, 12:31 PM

I have… I have so many pixel kitties. Ever hear of an old computer game series called Catz?

I would never have a real pet, or real child, or real plant. I don't have patience to take care of anything where I constantly have to be there.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 08:24 PM

I have a cat named Pedro who was found by the jogging track by one of my dad's coworkers when he was a kitten. He wasn't feral though so he became a spoiled house kitty. When my dad's coworker went to France for an extended period for work, we took Pedro in. He is now my cat after I moved out.

I want to upload more pictures, but the only one I have readily available is from when he was a little younger.

Viveka
:3

Old 10-04-2017, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I have… I have so many pixel kitties. Ever hear of an old computer game series called Catz?

I would never have a real pet, or real child, or real plant. I don't have patience to take care of anything where I constantly have to be there.
I loved Catz! I've been trying to find a way to install Catz I on my computer, but I can't figure it out :(

Off-topic but if you ever *do* feel the need to get a plant, you could always try a lucky bamboo. I keep mine by the sink and dump the leftover water from my water bottle in it - it grows like a weed