Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-16-2017, 11:15 PM

Does anyone else have a hoard of blankets around their house. I live in hot, muggy Florida but I am OBSESSED with blankets. I literally can't sleep without one. I'm so bad with my blankets that I have a blanket on the bed and then my husband has his own...because I don't like to share my blanket LOL I like to cocoon myself into my blanket.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-16-2017, 11:57 PM

Same actually. Me and my bf fight over the blankets (not bad or anything but like, we can't share, one of us will end up without a blanket ).

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-16-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
Same actually. Me and my bf fight over the blankets (not bad or anything but like, we can't share, one of us will end up without a blanket ).
That's exactly my husband and me. I literally can't share a blanket with him. I usually pry it away from him in my sleep. I just bought him his own blanket LOL

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
That's exactly my husband and me. I literally can't share a blanket with him. I usually pry it away from him in my sleep. I just bought him his own blanket LOL
Heehee, its slightly the other way for me, my bf is the one with Godly Blanket Sense so I just steal his.
he knows instinctively what the best blankets are.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Heehee, its slightly the other way for me, my bf is the one with Godly Blanket Sense so I just steal his.
he knows instinctively what the best blankets are.
haha! I would say that's me - about the blanket sense - but at least my husband and I have different taste in what the "best blanket" feels like. He likes the super soft/warm ones at night...and i like those to cuddle but I can't sleep with them because they are too hot. I like the less "soft/fuzzy" blankets when sleeping LOL

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
haha! I would say that's me - about the blanket sense - but at least my husband and I have different taste in what the "best blanket" feels like. He likes the super soft/warm ones at night...and i like those to cuddle but I can't sleep with them because they are too hot. I like the less "soft/fuzzy" blankets when sleeping LOL
I like to change up the blankets I'm using in the middle of the night if I wake up. I can't fall asleep if its too warm .
We only have one fuzzy blanket right now which is unfortunate because its the best blanket. But, there are other good blankets too! I just want them all to myself.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I like to change up the blankets I'm using in the middle of the night if I wake up. I can't fall asleep if its too warm .
We only have one fuzzy blanket right now which is unfortunate because its the best blanket. But, there are other good blankets too! I just want them all to myself.

I so understand about the warmth! I literally can't sleep if it's too hot. My husband wants to keep the AC set at 80 F....I literally die of sweat all night long and he sleeps like a baby. We "compromised" and have it set at 78. That's the highest I can tolerate LOL

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I so understand about the warmth! I literally can't sleep if it's too hot. My husband wants to keep the AC set at 80 F....I literally die of sweat all night long and he sleeps like a baby. We "compromised" and have it set at 78. That's the highest I can tolerate LOL
Dang I have to keep it around 70 or I broil all night
bf sometimes says its too cold
at which point I shove a blanket at him because I'm probably hot.

But I was raised in a colder climate. NC is usually pretty ok temperature, except in the spring and summer. Spring and summer are the worst.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Dang I have to keep it around 70 or I broil all night
bf sometimes says its too cold
at which point I shove a blanket at him because I'm probably hot.

But I was raised in a colder climate. NC is usually pretty ok temperature, except in the spring and summer. Spring and summer are the worst.
I was born in NC and lived there until 4th grade. My family is all from the north. Hubby is born and raised south Florida...so...I'm slowly getting the AC lower and lower...just taking a bit LOL

70 degrees would feel so nice!!! *jealous*

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 10-17-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I was born in NC and lived there until 4th grade. My family is all from the north. Hubby is born and raised south Florida...so...I'm slowly getting the AC lower and lower...just taking a bit LOL

70 degrees would feel so nice!!! *jealous*
I moved here as an adult from New York (not the city) lol
My bf is NC born and raised.
He's not a fan of the heat but he does think I like things too chilly sometimes. Pshaw.

My biggest worry w/ temp right now is going to be what temp we're going to turn the heat to in this apartment if it does get cold. It does not cool evenly. And I worry its going to be a battle of hot/cold all night with blankets. Don't want to turn it up too high, but also I don't know how good the insulation is here...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-17-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I moved here as an adult from New York (not the city) lol
My bf is NC born and raised.
He's not a fan of the heat but he does think I like things too chilly sometimes. Pshaw.

My biggest worry w/ temp right now is going to be what temp we're going to turn the heat to in this apartment if it does get cold. It does not cool evenly. And I worry its going to be a battle of hot/cold all night with blankets. Don't want to turn it up too high, but also I don't know how good the insulation is here...
Hubby is convinced we don't need heat even on the coldest of nights. (I just don't think he wants to pay for the electricity). Usually it's cool enough that it's actually comfortable in winter (florida winters are like normal autumn temps for everywhere else). but when it's SUPER cold (it does that a few times each year) then I need the heat. LOL No amount of blankets can stop the teeth chattering.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-17-2017, 09:44 AM

I have my own blankets and BF has his one...
I sleep better when I'm warm to over warm...
BF gets pissy and can't sleep when he gets over warm.
Separate blankets for us works.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 09:49 AM

Blankets, pillows and comfy over sized sweaters. yup. <3

Although they do make sense for my climate.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 04:04 PM

I purposely keep the fan on and the temperature in my room so that I can sleep with my comforter even during the summer. When it's not winter, the blanket on my bed is more of a pillow or a cat blanket. I have a separate one for the couch so I don't have to move them back and forth. But I have more. I have many more blankets.....

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-17-2017, 04:56 PM

I can't sleep without a blanket. My husband hogs the blankets so I always have a bunch on the bed. I also have a lot for my cats to sleep on on dressers, in closets, on their cat towers and I converted an old entertainment unit into a cat bed. My mom also used to do estate sales so I'd tell her to look for fluffy blankets or comforters. I have a ton and I want more.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 PM

Given how much area there is in my room I have a LOT of blankets. I am fully intent on making a pillow fort when I finally get a place.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 PM

I definitely hoard blankets.
I have a friend who made me a quilt and since I've been sleeping with it,
I absolutely love it.

When I go places, if I find a blanket for sale, I am like 95% likely to buy it. xD

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-19-2017, 02:03 AM

I like to have my blanket on my bed its a heavy one. but I use it even in the summer time. we like to keep a few light weight blankets in the living. for my brothers workers so they can stay warm plus a pillow to use.

But my dog will lay in the middle of my bed. so he hog's the bed badly at times I have to push. are move him off the bed just to fix the blanket. I'll tell him. "Move out of the way Coco your big butt. is hogging the blanket." lols I kid you not