View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2023, 04:30 PM

Monday, February 6, 2023

Oops, got backlogged again. I can't remember anything from today, must have been pretty uneventful I guess.

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Woke up feeling sick and rotten. Called in sick and slept most of the day.

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Still miserable sick. Called in again and rested in the morning/afternoon. My sister flew in today to visit. We picked her up from the airport and got some groceries.

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Still not feeling great. I took my cat to the vest in the morning and then in the afternoon I took my sister and her wife to the French cafe near the beach for lunch. Afterwards we walked on the beach and picked up shells. On the way home we stopped at Target for a few things and then I mostly lay in bed for the rest of the night. I hope I feel better soon because we are supposed to be leaving for Orlando tomorrow.

Friday, February 10, 2023

Woke up still feeling rotten so we stayed home. I took a nap and packed for Orlando in the afternoon and we left once my boyfriend got home. The ride was long and the weather was super crappy. We ate dinner at a Texas Steak House or something like that. After checking in at the hotel we went to bed early since we'll need to be up early in the morning for Universal.

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Waking up early this morning I wanted to die. I didn't sleep much at all last night and felt awful. It really sucked since this Universal trip is like a once in a lifetime thing. I pulled myself together and we got to the park for early admission. We had to start at Islands of Adventure because the other park didn't open early. We went straight for Hogsmead and picked out wands. I got the Luna Lovegood wand because it's so pretty. We hung out in Hogsmead for a couple hours and went on the Hippogriff ride and then took the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley. It was cool but pretty overwhelming. We ate lunch in the Leaky Cauldron and then my boyfriend and I went back to the hotel for a nap. I couldn't sleep though. In the evening we went to the park to feed the ducks and then had some yummy Thai food for dinner and went to bed early since it'll be another early morning tomorrow.

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Still not feeling awesome. I'm really sad this trip has been so bleh due to whatever respiratory thing I have. I took a covid test but it came back negative so there is that. Same deal again, we got up early, checked out, and headed to Islands of Adventure. Originally my boyfriend and I wanted to try to explore some other areas of the park but I guess for the early admission you can really only go to Hogsmead so we ended up back there. We went on the castle ride and I super regretted it. I thought it would be a tame ride but it definitely was not. Afterwards we headed back to Diagon Alley and did the Gringotts ride. That one was better but still a bit more than I bargained for. We were going to try to go on the Men In Black one after that but someone told us that it spun around and we decided to forgo that one after all the other spinny stuff we did on the other two rides. We left the park and got some Panda Express for lunch and then got an early start on the drive home. We stopped at Buccee's for snacks on the way back. Once home I unpacked and we had ramen for dinner and put on the game. We didn't stay up to watch the end though and headed to bed early.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Still not kicking this illness. I spent some time working on Mene projects for the v-day event in the morning and then later in the day we went to the Arboretum. I wish we had gotten there a bit earlier because I didn't realize that they closed at 5. Still, we got to see a few things and take a few pictures. We stopped at Starbucks for some drinks and then did a bit of thrifting before heading for dinner. We had Hot Pot. It was my sister's first time and she really loved it. They'll be heading home tomorrow. I feel bad that we didn't get to do more with me feeling so lousy the whole trip.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy v-day...not. Still dying. I was supposed to work today but took the day off because I'm still not feeling well. My sister and I went for coffee at this place called Bitty and Beau's. It's a coffee shop that employs individuals with mental disabilities. I really loved the vibe there and what they stand for. Afterwards we stopped at a local clothing shop next door and I got a jacket which will be useful when we move later this year. Lastly we stopped at the Treaty Oak, this giant tree in my town, before heading to the airport. I hate saying goodbyes. After I got back from the airport I tidied a fwe things in the apartment and then took a nap. I had some medicine delivered in the afternoon and did a bit more cleaning and laundry before calling it a night. I'm definitely happy to have my bed back to myself, LOL!

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Still feel like crud. I almost took the day off again and my boss even told me I should but I stuck it out. It was mostly catching up on emails and a couple of meetings and then I had to leave early to go for my second round of botox treatment for migraines. It was every bit as painful as I remembered. When I got home I went down to sit by the pool for some fresh air and started reading this book "The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic". The stories are very good and the pages are beautifully illustrated. After a while it started to get dark so I headed upstairs and started working on my v-day entries for the event. A food truck parked outside for dinner so I had a chorizo quesadilla and we watched part of an episode of The Last of Us. I'm really enjoying that show. After that I finished up my mene entries and read a bit more then headed off to bed.