Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Naw I was good with it. Karen is like a cousin or aunt or something. I added her because she's my only semi-blood at some point relative living close enough to possibly visit with while I'm here. Alas, she also seems to be a religious nut and I just want to slap her through the computer screen once in a while. :lol: I have no desire to keep my opinions to myself when it comes to a lot of these things, because really, I feel everyone should feel the same as me about these issues and be outraged and what they're trying to do! I may identify as Catholic but damn it that church is so screwed up I can't stand it. I was actually quite fond of your posts in the thread. You represent a different view and I really do believe that she needs to see that the world is not all Catholic therefor the Catholics have no right to dictate how anyone, including those that work for them, deal with their bodies.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 AM

That post about how forcing employers who happen to be religious to provide birth control was like making me eat pork...yeah no.

To be honest, so many folks who are super religious can't even begin to comprehend that others don't see the world through the same lens as they do...After all...They are RIGHT don't we know?

It makes it hard for my religious beliefs, and my guy's LACK of religious beliefs to be respected. Today at work I had to listen to one chick trying to guilt others into going to church, and another ass go off on how GOD game him the right to carry concealed arms, without a license, in my state. OYE! I can't say how thankful I am for owning a phone that duals as an MP3 player.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 PM

I just don't see how they can stay so closed minded with how open the world is now. I mean the internet, it brings sooo many people together we learn so much about other parts of the world... you can't seriously still believe that there is ONE right religion.
Scott isn't really religious he's more spiritual. Which I find is what I've become more of over the past few years. I was Catholic, I still follow the Catholic Lent rules because...I really don't know why. I just do. :lol: But I find it so easy to accept that there are other religions out there and deep down I think they all say about the same thing. Love each other, don't kill each other, be happy. Once you get to that point...well religious wars and politics because completely obsolete. It's a waste of time for them to say NO BIRTH CONTROL HAVE BABIES! Because...I can't handle having more babies. I know my limits, what I have now, is that. If I had another we'd be hurting for food and money monthly. I just...hate that people who don't know me are trying to force me to live a life that I don't want to live.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 AM

I've had zero, I figured you took care of my share :lol:
It's all just politicians using religion to stir things up to keep control. The fanatics are the loudest and the rest are generally complacent, or enough so that the only place they voice their opinions of disagreement is online. A lot of laws have passed, big ones that have already taken away rights that wouldn't have if people actually did something about it instead of just chatting from an arm chair.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM

I've been bitching about a lot of laws lately. And apparently the schools here are in something of a 3.6M deficit. How Alaska is in a deficit is beyond me, they get MILLIONS of dollars a week from the government. But apparently the governor doesn't think the schools in Kodiak are worth saving. Education has fallen far down on his list of priorities because he'd rather boost housing and his own political standing. Fuck the kids, let's take care of the wealthy! I'm getting so sick of this mindset amongst politicians...I'm going to become a force to be reckoned with.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 AM

Please do! Not enough people do anything at all. Here a bill just passed saying that even if you have a full scholarship or grants that cover it, all kids going to any of the 3 state schools here have to come up with $2000 out of their own money to prove that they really deserve to get an education. O.o It's truly infuriating.

My sister, a 3rd grade teacher, has had a 10% pay cut 2 years running, as have all of the teachers in her district, as well as having their stipends cut to barely anything to pay for room supplies. She paid $800 out of her own pocket so her kids would have the supplies they need to learn. The wealthy school district teachers got a budget of $1200.00 while in the poorer areas like hers, the teachers got a $150 budget for the whole year. It's so backwards, it's ridiculous.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 PM

I was at a budget meeting yesterday. Alaska has something along the lines of a 3 BILLION dollar surplus while most states are dealing with deficit. However the Alaska government won't cover all of the funding necessary to run the school. The teachers are on their 4th year with out a pay increase- I'm glad it's not a cut, because I already think we don't pay teachers enough for what they do. So they're thinking about cutting counseling and the arts to cover the 3.6Million shortage that our school district is having or closing a school. but that takes away money because the district gets a certain amount per open school etc. It's all very WTF. On the plus side, letters to the governor and house/senate seats seem to be working...kind of. It sounds like they're considering funding another million into the schools here. I think they should fund it totally though. As they have the funds to do so: let's do it. Let's invest in our future.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Mah, politics are stuck in the corporate mindset. Fuck everyone else over, but cover their own ass.

... *cough*

Now, I'm a turtle! *starts to slowly cross the road*

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM

So I read this book "Ice Age" it's pretty much about global warming releasing these bacteria like things into the water that have been frozen in the glaciers for thousands of years and killing people off by progressively aging them from their general 30 year old self to old age in about the course of the week. National involvement and what not in any case, they tried to keep it all under wraps and when it came out everyone except the actual scientists working on finding a cure or slowing down the progression were only worried about looking good and coming out ahead and progressing their careers in the course of the epidemic. It was disgusting to realize that it is how most of politics work. I know it's a fictional story and everything, but I'm pretty sure that should it happen it's a pretty close recreation of what would happen.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Though the article doesn't directly relate to you, I found it amusing that Occupational Therapist was rated the 7th best job in America considering how much bull shit you deal with from almost all sides. : http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2012/04/e...C=sm_spbuzz.nl

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-10-2012, 03:31 AM

*glides in* Hellooooo Daria!

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 AM

*rolls around on the floor gathering static electricity* ....ZAP...... :ninja:

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM

*ruffles with Sally's static frizzed hair*