View Single Post
DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing on my neck!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:12 PM

Background on Daria:

"Daria" began her days on MTV's cartoon Bevis and Butthead. There she was known for throwing witty comeback that flew entirely over the heads of the boys and for being the occasional "butt" of their poor attempt at humor (calling her Diarrhea, etc). Sadly (insert sarcasm here) their fame was not long lived and eventually Bevis and Butthead got the axe (or canceled...after all how many dick and fart jokes can a duo make before it just gets old). Luckily, the MTV executives were smart (for once) and rescued Daria from oblivion, creating an entire show centered around the sarcastic, monotoned brunette, Daria Morgendorfer.

The cast:

The cast included Daria's artsy, also sarcastic best friend "Jane Lane"

Jane's hot older brother "Trent Lane" who Daria has a gigantic crush on throughout most of the series. Trent is also the lead singer in a garage band called "Mystik Spiral"

Daria's airheaded sister Quinn, whose only goal in life was to be "popular", pretty and of course to keep her status in her only school extracurricular, the "Fashion Club"

The fashion club, consisting of Sandi, Stacy, and Tiffany...Well, they are your usual, mean, insecure "pretty popular" high school nightmares.

Daria's parents, the Morgendorfers" consisted of, Helen an exhippy turned lawyer, and Jake, a military school survivor turned salesman.

Of course there were many other crazy characters, but I am lazy, and rehashing a canceled cartoon is not the main purpose of this thread. Maybe someday I'll add more but until then, I "joined" the Esteemed community of Menewsha around Easter of 2009, as the show has been canceled (after 4 glorious seasons)....if you desire more information on this fabulous cartoon, Daria, you can follow the following links.

http://childrenofthenineties.blogspo.../04/daria.html
http://www.outpost-daria.com/

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 06-12-2009 at 09:51 PM..