or
Edward Cullen?

*or if you prefer "Team Jacob"
Jacob Black

-Enigma
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-16-2011, 12:36 AM

I personally don't see why people insist on comparing Twilight with Harry Potter as they are not by the same author and the plots are nothing alike. However, both characters (I'm using Harry and Edward) are fairly flimsy in the way they are characterised. Edward is extremely one dimensional and Harry is written in a way that he has no flaws and evokes the empathy of the reader because he has had a hard life (it failed on me, but whatever).

I however hate Twilight, but love Harry Potter, so I'm going to say that Harry would win over Edward and Jacob any day.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 07-16-2011, 12:45 AM

Considering that werewolves and vampires already exist in the Harry Potter world and are commonly dispensed with by wizards, the conclusions draw themselves.

Also: Harry Potter (the character) had TOWERING flaws. You were supposed to be on his side because he had a hard go of it, but his character flaws were on display all the time.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-16-2011, 02:24 AM

I'm with Saisei. I like the Harry Potter series but not the character.

Anyway, the two would probably never meet. When J.K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer injected their characters into the real world, it separated into two worlds. Three really, if you count the one we live in. There may be werewolves and vampires in Harry Potter, but they're different. And there are no Wizards in Twilight. Never meeting means never fighting, and never fighting means nobody wins.

Though actually.... Neither Harry nor Edward is capable of killing the other. If anything, were they to meet, Edward would win, because Harry wouldn't have the stomach to rip Edward limb from limb and then set fire to him. Admit it, he wouldn't. As much as I hate Twilight, I have to admit that those Vampires are really quite difficult to kill.

Yes. I over-analysed. Oops.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 07-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Carzeebear: though I think once Harry finds out what has become of poor Cedric (same actor was the first thing i notices when my mom dragged me to see twilight) i think that harry would want to put him out of his misory. that Sectemsepra spell could rip him apart

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 AM

Na, Sectumsempra just creates long gashes, able to rip off an ear, but not a limb. There might be a spell for it, but I can't think of one.

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-17-2011, 01:40 AM

id have to say harry potter even though I hate both, because while edward was being emo like he normally is harry could just blast him into nothing lolol.

Miss_Muffinz13x
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM

urm harry. no jacob. no harry. JARRY

Huntyre Versailles Romek
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM

Honestly, unless Bella were a Horcrux that Harry had to destroy.... I couldn't see there being any reason that harry and edward would get along. They wouldnt fight anyway.... now if you wanted to match up people like voldemort and jacob or edward and wormtail.... those would make more sense.

if it absolutely came down to it though..... edward would win. harry is too nice of a guy to fight. though i like harry much much much much more as a character.