Anzelthur
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-21-2011, 07:21 AM

Probably within 1-2 hours. I'm a fast reader. :rofl:
Then again, it depends on how the pages are, are they filled with walls of text and a small font or are they average?
Average would be what I said, and small font and walls of text would be up to 3-5 hours.

I prefer books that are minimum 600-800 pages, I love a good and long storyline.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM

It can take me a fair amount of time to read a 300 pages book. If I finish it over the timespan of about two to three days, I consider this good progress. So that makes it around 15- 20 hours.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 09-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Sometimes forever, sometimes a day (4-12 h? Usually I don't have any peace to read books straight from cover to cover.) It all depends on my interest, is the book good or not? Do I benefit from it? School books don't take much time because I HAVE TO read them, but boring stories take more time. I don't even know why I bother reading them, maybe I just want to know if they're good or not? :D The beginning of the book plays a huge part in this, I also get hyped for books that my friends favor and praise.

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 PM

Depends mainly on if I like the book, if I am just reading or also doing other stuff at the same time - such as making notes, when I'm supposed to write or tell something about it for school - and the print density (and size of the pages), but usually, three-hundred pages would take me an hour and a half max., if I just count the time reading. Often less, especially if I really like it and want to keep reading on. Longer than that only if I really hate the book but have to read it for some reason, or if it is in a language I can understand but am not fluent in.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 AM

Depends on the book, and how often I am actually reading(on way to and from work, or just whenever). If its only when going to and from work, probably 3-4 round trips(1.5hours total each round trip), so it could last a few days. Though, I recently re-started the Wheel of Time series, and I finished the first 300 in 2 round trips. If I'm reading whenever, I'll probably end up reading a fair amount, and then I will do it in 2hours.

Warrow8282
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Hmmm... yeah, depends on the size of print and style of writing/content. If it's a book you have to actually think about and has some deep meaning in it, it may take me longer, but if it's just my typical guilty pleasure stuffs, probably about 3-4 hours. I tend to skim a bit over details of environment, etc. and focus more on the action and meaty parts of books.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM

For me, it depends entirely whether I like the book or not. I've finished bigger books than 300 pages in a day, but to be fair, I was absolutely enthralled and may or may not remembered to breath/eat/blink. :D

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 PM

i look books!!!

it would take me about 2-3 days to finish a 300 page book, depanding on the book and if i have enough time, maybe it would take me longer.

anyone a fan of kpop???
join my thread call allkpop!!! :)

EvelynWn
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup!!!!! !!!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM

It depends on how good the book is. Longer for books i am forced to read for school, not so long for books that are really really good. It also depends on how hard the book is to understand. Like three hundred pages of Lord of the Rings would take a lot longer than three hundred pages of Harry Potter.

kittykondos
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 09:50 PM

It really just depends on the book. If it is a book that I have really been looking forward to reading, such as a book in a series that just came out, then maybe two days if i read steady. If it is a book that i am really dreading to read, like a book for school, then maybe a week.

makituchan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Well, it depends on a lot of things, as other people have said it before.
How interesting the book is, because of course if the book is interesting, it takes less time to read it.
How large is the print, how much other stuff I need to do besides reading, and in what language is the book.
But usually it takes me about 3-4 days, if I don't have anything else to do.

D.o.l.l.
Mookieness

Old 11-09-2011, 08:45 PM

Well for me I've got tons of distractions If I put all the time I read all together it would probably take me a day to two days. Otherwise it takes me up to two months to finish any book. I do sometimes get sucked into books if its a really good story line.

Lacquer
*^_^*

Old 12-08-2011, 01:23 PM

That is a good question. I do know that once I pick up a book, I'm useless to the outside world til I'm done. The more I like the book, the faster I tend to devour it. I devoured the newest Percy Jackson book within hours of borrowing it. I've never actually timed how fast I read. I do know I am a fast reader though, of course how many people use the words 'devour' and 'consume' in relation to books anyway? >_>

XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX
Black Alice
Send a message via MSN to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX

Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 PM

Usually two to four days just depending on what I have going on, or whether or not I like the book. It all comes down to whether I'm busy and don't have the time read, or simply have read too much and need a break. However if it's a really good book I tend to read regardless whether or not, I have a lot on my plate or not.

BathoryErzsebet
Send a message via AIM to BathoryErzsebet

Old 01-25-2012, 06:00 AM

When I read a book, I usually only read a couple of hours a day. 300 pages would take me 2-3 days at around 2 hours a day. If I nothing else to do, I could read it in one day, but I prefer to take breaks.

AwkwardWithASideOfFries
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 AM

I have never actually timed myself. But I'm pretty sure I can get through it between 1 and 2 hours. If I speed read and I'm just sitting at the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next. Other times, though, I may take 3-4 hours if I want to soak in every word the author/authoress has written.

Shadow4121
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Depending on how big the page is, font size, and if the book is interesting. I can read 300 pages in one day easily.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:34 PM

Depends on how good the book is. If it's alright enough for me to actually finish, It will take me from 2 to 3 weeks. But if I REALLY like it, I can have it done within 1 to 2 weeks. :)

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 PM

depends on the font, how interesting the book is, or if I get interrupted.
300 pgs... thats about 1/2 my usual book size... I guess about 3-4 hours? If I read non-stop. But I usually read before bed, about ~100 pages in 20-40 minutes... before I pass out... but then I have to re-read the last 3 pages anyways when I pick the book up again....

iCreeper

Old 02-04-2012, 06:22 AM

It generally takes me between 3 and 4 hours to finish a 300 page book.

Dovahkiin
Dragonborn

Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 PM

for me it all depends on how into the book i am. If I'm really into it, maybe a few hours, three at lest. if I'm not so interested it can take a week if i don't put the book down all together.

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM

I read at least 100 pages a day, so 3 days if i'm busy but the book is good and i'm not reading other ones at the same time. More, of course, if it's not the only one i'm reading.

Legos on the floor
*^_^*

Old 02-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Wow, I used to be able to say with confidence that it would take me three days (about 100 pages at a time, per day), but I haven't thought about timing myself reading since Junior High. I know my reading level and speed have changed since then, so I have no idea now.

...Honestly, this kind of takes me back a bit...
I used to be so proud of myself for being able to read an entire Baby Sitter's Club book in one sitting.=3

Artemis12
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM

For me it really depends on how good the book is and what else is going on in my life. If it's a really good book I'll end up reading nonstop which would take me only a few hours to a day. If it's an ok book probably around a week cause I'll get distracted by other interesting reading things and will actually put it down to tend to my life.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:45 AM

It depends on if the book is really good. Sometimes I'll just keep reading a book until I'm done, no matter the number of pages. But as I have responsibilities nowadays, I don't get much time to just sit and read since I'm up and down so much.

So...I'd say anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days, depending. :yes: