neko79
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 AM

The Malloreon

Book 3 - Demon Lord of Karanda

n this third book of The Malloreon, Garion, Belgarath and their friends follow the quest begun in Guardians of the West and continued in King of the Murgos. It will lead them further into the dark designs of Zandramas and the strange ways of demons...

The company now knows that Garion's baby son has been kidnapped by Zandramas and is to be used in a terrible ritual which will make the Dark Destiny supreme. The group, however, has been detained by Zakath, Emperor of all Mallorea, and taken to Mal Zeth, the largest city in the world.

When a dire plague strikes, they manage to escape and, as prophesied by the Seeress of Kell, travel on to Ashaba - but, although they find Urvon, mad disciple of the evil god Torak, and the Demon Lord Nahaz, Zandramas is gone. In a desperate race against time, the company turn east once more to follow her spoor...

THUS CONTINUES BOOK THREE OF THE MALLOREON

Book 4 - Sorceress of Darshiva

In this fourth book of The Malloreon, Garion and his companions continue their desperate serach for Zandramas, the child of dark and abductor of Garion's baby son, Geran. Led by the orb from Mallorea to the island of Melcena, they discover the place where the sardion once rested and also find Senji, a self-taught wizard whose undamaged copy of the Ashabine oracles carries a message for Garion from the evil god Torak.

As Zandramas's intention to fulfil the Dark Destiny becomes clear, Garion and his friends know that they must travel to Kell. There they will discover from the Malloreon Gospels the truth of their ultimate destination, The Place Which Is No More. But the friends are not alone in their search as the prophecies of Cyradis, the Seeress of Kell, begin to be fulfilled.

THUS CONTINUES BOOK FOUR OF THE MALLOREON

aoikirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko79
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoikirin
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachesia
David Eddings and the Belgariad was my gateway book into the fantasy genre. I adored that series so, so much. I've read him off and on after that, but I never really got into his other series, except his extension into The Malloreon and the companion Polgara/Belgarath/Beldin books. The characters felt like family to me, for a while.

I'm sorry to hear that his wife died and that he went temporarily nuts. But I expect grief can do that to you.
he went temporarily nuts?
If you mean the burning incident
that happens before his wife died

me too
i never did manage to read tamuli for a second time
*whines at neko* look at what you made me do!
What what what??
what did i do :P
*dumps chibi in books pile :P*
*drowns in book pile* T_T;
I'm supposed to be studying, darnit!

neko79
*^_^*

Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:

*drowns in book pile* T_T;
I'm supposed to be studying, darnit!
welcome to the world of procastination :P
mwah ha ha ha XP

neko79
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2007, 07:01 AM

The Malloreon

Book 5 - The Seeress of Kell

Now in the final stages of their quest for his son, Garion and his companions travel to Kell to consult the only undamaged copy of the Malloreon Gospels. For centuries the Seers have guarded this book from the Grolims and even had their wizards put a curse on those who tried to enter Kell.

THE FINAL RECKONING

Time was running out for Garion and his companions in their quest to recover Garion's infant son and heir. If they could not locate the Place Which Is No More, then Zandramas, the Child of Dark, would use Garion's son in a rite that would raise the Dark Prophecy to eternal dominion over the universe!

Only the Seeress of Kell could reveal the site of that mysterious place--and that she could do only once Garion and Polgara had fulfilled an ancient prophecy in the mountain fastness of the Seers . . .

Kell itself was closed to Zandramas--but her dark magic could force the knowledge she needed from one of Garion's party. She laid her traps and dispatched her foul minions, determined to claim the world for the Dark God. But Garion would let nothing stand between him and his son . . .

Here is the epochal conclusion to David Eddings' bestselling The Malloreon, the culmination of an unparalleled quest across strange lands and among strange peoples--a magnificent fantasy of men, Kings, Sorcerers, and Gods caught up in the seven-thousand-year war between two ancient, opposing Destinies battling to determine the fate of all creation.

The Elenium

Book 1 - The Diamond Throne

Sparhawk, Pandion Knight, and Queen's Champion have returned to Elenia after ten years of exile, only to find young Queen Ehlanda trapped in a block of ensorcelled crystal. As Sparhawk sets out to find a cure for Ehlana, he discovers that only he can defeat the evil plots that threaten her rule....

Book 2 - The Ruby Knight

The quest for the jewel of life continues. Ehlana, the young Queen of Elenia, clings to life by a thread, preserved within a crystalline tomb conjured by the sorceress Sephrenia. But there's a price to pay - twelve Pandion Knights must sacrifice their lives to keep her alive for just one year. Only one thing is powerful enough to save Ehlana: the Bhelliom, an exquisite and magical jewel that has been lost for centuries. Sparhawk, the Queen's Champion, and his band of allies must set off on a perilous quest to locate the precious stone. But the evil God Azash has plans for it himself!

aoikirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-01-2007, 08:04 AM

:oops: I'm on the fourth book of the Belgariad now..... XD;; That was done in about 2 days... (I stopped on Thursday).

:) I'll probably get back to it in a couple more days.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2007, 04:12 AM

Quote:
:oops: I'm on the fourth book of the Belgariad now..... XD;; That was done in about 2 days... (I stopped on Thursday).

:) I'll probably get back to it in a couple more days.
LOL
i want to read belgarath again XP
but its with my friend XP
so is polgara >.> <.< -+-

Buckwheat Noodles
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Buckwheat Noodles

Old 04-04-2007, 07:31 PM

I like the David Eddings series... the Belgariad, the Mallorean, the Elenium.. and whatever the sequel to the Elenium is. XD I hate brain farts.

Anyway... The first series I read was the Belgariad, and I have to admit, I still pull the series out to read every year or so. It only takes me about a week to get through Belgariad and the Mallorean.. maybe another few days to get through the others.

I can't say the Dreamer series really interests me, though.. Too much of a good thing, perhaps?

Anyway, my favorite characters were Silk from the Belgariad world, and Ulath and Sparhawk from the Elenium. Though I adored most of the characters in both series.

indigoat
*^_^*

Old 04-04-2007, 09:24 PM

I'm just... sad now. I didn't know Leigh had died ;_; I love the Belgariad and the Mallorean, they're fantastic books in a fantastic world with awesome characters. D: I learned a lot about people from those books. I've read them so many times but I still cry when the characters die -_-

If I couldn't read anything else but a specific series, they would be at the top of my list... partially because it's such a long story line, but they're so good...

My mum has read the other series, but I haven't... She said they weren't as good <.<

<3 the Eddings' work!

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat Noodles
I like the David Eddings series... the Belgariad, the Mallorean, the Elenium.. and whatever the sequel to the Elenium is. XD I hate brain farts.

Anyway... The first series I read was the Belgariad, and I have to admit, I still pull the series out to read every year or so. It only takes me about a week to get through Belgariad and the Mallorean.. maybe another few days to get through the others.

I can't say the Dreamer series really interests me, though.. Too much of a good thing, perhaps?

Anyway, my favorite characters were Silk from the Belgariad world, and Ulath and Sparhawk from the Elenium. Though I adored most of the characters in both series.
whoa
interesting to find that people actually likes tamuli and elenium XP
hehe
i like silk
and that guy who keeps on praying and praying
its hilarious XP
esp near the ending when they are complaining how that couple keep on churning out twins and triples XP since mara has a hand in it XP
haha

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoat

I'm just... sad now. I didn't know Leigh had died ;_; I love the Belgariad and the Mallorean, they're fantastic books in a fantastic world with awesome characters. D: I learned a lot about people from those books. I've read them so many times but I still cry when the characters die -_-

If I couldn't read anything else but a specific series, they would be at the top of my list... partially because it's such a long story line, but they're so good...

My mum has read the other series, but I haven't... She said they weren't as good <.<

<3 the Eddings' work!
yeah at times its hard to follow up to the series that had already struck an impact in their readers
i quite like the Dreamers though
its abit confusing at times
but i find the characters fun XP
but then it seems not alot like their new series?
So i must be weird XP

yeah it's sad about leigh
and i hope that david can be strong :>

Buckwheat Noodles
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Buckwheat Noodles

Old 04-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
whoa
interesting to find that people actually likes tamuli and elenium XP
hehe
i like silk
and that guy who keeps on praying and praying
its hilarious XP
esp near the ending when they are complaining how that couple keep on churning out twins and triples XP since mara has a hand in it XP
haha
Yeah, though it took me a while to warm up to the book series, to be honest. I was all "But I want more Garion/Silk/Belgarath!"

But anyway... Yes. I like the one who keeps praying too, though for some reason his name escapes me right now. I loved how he began to depend on Garion for support, and the poor kid's response was "What the heck? Go away! Go bother Belgarath or something! Aunt Pooool! Help!" XD Oh well. It built character, hehe.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 AM

Book 3 - The Sapphire Rose

Book Three of the ELENIUM is fantasy on a truly epic scale, in which the Pandion Knight Sparhawk must finally use the power of the jewel. Aided by the goddess Aphrael, Sparhawk and his band of companions have recovered the magical jewel Bhelliom -- the Sapphire Rose -- from the cave of the troll-dwarf Ghwerig. Now they have the power to wake and cure Ehlana, the young Queen of Elenia. But while they were seeking Bhelliom, great forces of evil moved into the power vacuum left behind. The unholy triple alliance between Otha, degenerate sorcerer-king of the Zemochs, the renegade Pandion Knight Martel, and Annias, traitorous Primate of Cimmura, threatens to overrun all of Eosia. In returning to Cimmura to wake Ehlana, Sparhawk risks delivering the Sapphire Rose into the hands of his enemies, who will use it to give the evil god Azash dominion over the whole world. To stop them they may have to unleash the full power of the jewel, but no one can predict whether the world itself will survive such an event. THE SAPPHIRE ROSE is the gripping, brilliant conclusion to THE ELENIUM, a panoramic tale of a conflict between good and evil that envelops an entire continent.

The Tamuli
Book 1 - Domes of Fire

Begins a new David Eddings trilogy, set a few years after the events of The Elenium! At the conclusion of The Elenium the company of Pandion Knights led by Sir Sparhawk, having freed Queen Ehlana of Elenia from the spell which threatened her life, had marched on Zemoch, routed their enemies and defeated or destroyed the evil god Azash. Sparhawk returned to Elenia, where he and Ehlana were married. But their peaceful reign is destined not to last long. A few years later, in the Tamul Empire far to the east, unrest is brewing which threatens the nation's stability. Investigations show that the trouble is clearly of paranormal origin, and suspicion at first falls upon the Styrics. These suspicions prove unfounded, and indeed it is the pre-eminent Styric magician Zalasta who suggests that the Empire look westwards for assistance in solving their problems! specifically, to the legendary warrior Sparhawk.

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM

I love Eddings. The Belgariad, the Mallorean, the Elenium, and the Tamuli are all enjoyable. The Belgariad really got me hooked on writing fantasy. So after reading all of these wonderful books, I brought the first two books of the Dreamers series. I honestly haven't gotten past the third chapter of the first book. I find Dreamers utterly boring. It's too fluffy and light. Eddings doesn't develop his characters fully. He doesn't add the meat and potatoes to them and the dialog is missing the wit that attracted me to his books in the first place.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-14-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verya
I love Eddings. The Belgariad, the Mallorean, the Elenium, and the Tamuli are all enjoyable. The Belgariad really got me hooked on writing fantasy. So after reading all of these wonderful books, I brought the first two books of the Dreamers series. I honestly haven't gotten past the third chapter of the first book. I find Dreamers utterly boring. It's too fluffy and light. Eddings doesn't develop his characters fully. He doesn't add the meat and potatoes to them and the dialog is missing the wit that attracted me to his books in the first place.
actually i will say
bear through the first book
because i will say the dreamers series is actually one whole book
after book 4 you will get more and more

well personally thats what i think

i dont' know
i quite enjoy the dreamers XP
i must be weird XP

The Mouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 AM

I was also unaware that Leigh had died. :(

On a brighter note, the Elenium was the first series that I read of his, and it's my favorite. Now, it's been a VERY LONG TIME since I actually read it, but I'm still in love with the Sparhawk-Ehlana thing. The Tamuli runs a close second to the Elenium, though, because Sparhawk and Ehlana get married and Danae comes into the picture. ^_^' She cracked me up!

I was not fond of the Dreamers. It made David seem like such a one-trick pony, so I just stopped after number two. I knew he could do better than that, so I didn't want to ruin my image of him. He still ranks as one of my favorite authors of all time. My best friend was the one who introduced me to his books, and together we made a two-man fanclub of formidable strength and avidity! X-D No, seriously--we were nuts about this guy and his books.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouse
I was also unaware that Leigh had died. :(

On a brighter note, the Elenium was the first series that I read of his, and it's my favorite. Now, it's been a VERY LONG TIME since I actually read it, but I'm still in love with the Sparhawk-Ehlana thing. The Tamuli runs a close second to the Elenium, though, because Sparhawk and Ehlana get married and Danae comes into the picture. ^_^' She cracked me up!

I was not fond of the Dreamers. It made David seem like such a one-trick pony, so I just stopped after number two. I knew he could do better than that, so I didn't want to ruin my image of him. He still ranks as one of my favorite authors of all time. My best friend was the one who introduced me to his books, and together we made a two-man fanclub of formidable strength and avidity! X-D No, seriously--we were nuts about this guy and his books.
i don't know
i like how the same scene was retold by various different characters *shrugs*

It is indeed sad that she has passed away.
Personally i think the reason why i don't like elenium and tamuli that much is because of the romance thing XP haha

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 06:37 AM

The Tamuli

Book 2 - The Shining Ones

Continuing the epic tale begun in Book One of The Tamuli, Domes of Fire! Prince Sparhawk and Queen Ehlana must remain with their retinue of Pandion Knights in the Eastern land of Daresia to assist the beleagured Emperor Sarabian. The rebellion against Sarabian within the walls of the famed pearl-encrusted city of Matherion was defeated. But Sarabian's enemies will regroup and plan an attack that will be less easily routed. Trolls despoil Atan in the North, and vampires, werewolves, zombies, ghouls and Ogres form a vast conspiracy to take over the Empire. Most disturbing of all are reported sightings of Shining Ones among the hordes. These luminous beings inspire more fear than the rest combined. Queen Ehlana has taken Sarabian in hand and is educating him in ruthless statecraft -- her skill in which has always inspired Sparhawk's admiration. The Pandion Knight meanwhile resurrects the Bhelliom -- with Flute's help (actually, Sparhawk has no idea where it is, but Flute, fortunately, does) -- and awaits the arrival of the full complement of Pandion Knights needed for the coming battle. The enemies of the Empire know that possession of the Bhelliom makes Sparhawk as dangerous as any god. But gods are among his foes. The outcome of the conflict is beyond the possibility of prediction! and while Sparhawk defends the far-flung Tamul Empire, he cannot also protect his beautiful Queen.

Book 3 - The Hidden City

The final breathtaking volume in the Tamuli series. The pace, as always, is white hot -- as are the special effects. As readers will know from Book Two, the Shining One Xanetia can melt her enemies with a touch. Fortunately, she is on the side of our hero, and so is the god Edaemus, whose (literally) volcanic rage will be useful in the continuing fight to save the Tamul Empire from the ravages of sinister King Cyrgon of the Cyrgai. Cyrgon has called forth Bhelliom's equal in supernatural power, Klael, the very essence of evil. And while Sparhawk is leading armies of Pandion Knights, Atan giants and Trolls in battle, Queen Ehlana is taken hostage in Matherion by the renegade Styric Zalasta and the madman Scarpa. The price for her return is no less than the Blue Rose. Taken in chains first to the jungles of Arjuna in the South, Ehlana is tracked by Sparhawk using both Delphaeic and Styric magic. But by then Sephrenia has been murdered and Ehlana has been removed to the Hidden City of the Cyrgai. The City is protected by magic and by the invincible Klael. The ultimate battle must be fought.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-26-2007, 04:42 AM

hmm my friend have not return polgara the sorceress and belgarath and sorcerer to me yet

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM

Somehow I had forgotten about these books for a while, but I really did like them, although I have far from read them all. Thanks to this post though I am going to be looking for them again. I collect books.... fantasy mostly, and if they are good I usually read them more than once, I almost never get rid of my books, but I had a fire a few years back and lost a lot of them...... Now building the collection back up is a slow process, at about 60 right now tho ^.^

Solitare
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM

I really like The Elenium series & have read most of his books. :D An excellant author.