Kooky
Simply the Best~

Old 04-01-2007, 03:21 AM

So i know alot f books that tell a different story from a video game that its based on. im currently reading the Halo books. but does anyone know if there will be a Prince of Persia book series? i'de love to read it :3
Discuss
- Video Game Books you've read
- Video game books you want made
- How awesome Prince of Persia is xD

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Only ones I've bothered to read were the Resident Evil ones. They weren't that great, but nonetheless I found that I enjoyed them immensely. Why, I do not know. I just did. I blame the fact that the Code Veronica one had Alfred Ashford. He's my hero.

As for what I want made.... hm. Nothing, really. Books based off of games and other media just suck 99% of the time, so I tend to avoid them. Only way they'll get me to read any again is if they base one off of the King of Fighters series. And it must have Ash and Co.

...I offer no comment on Prince of Persia -has never played it. Ever.-

Kooky
Simply the Best~

Old 04-01-2007, 01:18 PM

Hahha, i guess your right ? sometimes i just like how the books can go alot more in detail than a video game can. i dunno, i like the nitty gritty stuff xD Resident Evil books you say? perhaps i'll check them out :3

Sepha
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-02-2007, 07:57 PM

yeah the only video game books i read were reasident evil but i didnt think they were to good so your not missing much and the halo series which i loved i am i big halo fan

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 AM

There are Halo books? D: Wow.

I've read a few books relating to the dot Hack series. They were okay... not extremely though provoking or anything. Just boredom killers. ^^

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 09-03-2007, 01:40 AM

I really didn't know they made books like that. Then again, you can write a book on anything, why not video games?

I'd like one for Pokemon Diamond (unless there is one and I'm just an idiot).

neur0mancer
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to neur0mancer Send a message via Yahoo to neur0mancer

Old 09-08-2007, 06:00 AM

The only video-game based book series I've ever read was The Myst Reader (The Book of Atrus, The Book of Ti'Ana, and the Book of D'ni).
Myst is an adventure/puzzle game with an extremely deep storyline.
The book series goes deeper into the plot, and explains some things about certain key characters' pasts. :3
Its wonderfully written too... even if you dont know what Myst is, or if you've never seen it before, its a good piece of literature to pick up sometime.
Especially if you like Fantasy.
Im not even that fond of the genre, i'm more of a cyberpunk/sci-fi person, but I couldn't put it down after starting it. x_x

I did also read the first book in trhe Doom series. >_>
It was like it was written for 3rd graders! ; ;
My friends like reading the Halo and Diablo book series, they're probably more... in depth. > 3>

Rurrik
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-27-2007, 04:08 AM

>< I love the Warcraft series....lore is fun

and Knaak is a great author...so the War of the Ancients set is good too.

Teeth
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teeth

Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 PM

I read the Tekken Stragety books at school. :3

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM

I didn't much like the Prince of Persia book series. But the Halo books where very well done, when I first heard them come out I was think 'this is going to suck'. Nope, nope, I was at a friends house and started reading it, he had the first one so it had lots of grammatical errors but still I read it. I went out and bought all of them for myself XD. But they are good. Microsoft is doing good with Halo.

Spatterdash
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM

Video game-based books are rarely any good, but I do have four amusingly cheesy old Sonic the Hedgehog stories which are actually quite entertaining. Though also terribly, terribly 90s - which is only to be expected, considering the source material.

Equivalent Exchange
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatterdash
Video game-based books are rarely any good, but I do have four amusingly cheesy old Sonic the Hedgehog stories which are actually quite entertaining. Though also terribly, terribly 90s - which is only to be expected, considering the source material.
True. I've yet to find a video game based book that's any good. Although I have heard some praise from my friends for the Resident Evil books, I doubt I'll have the time to read it.

Kat Flower
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM

The only video game books I read are the Kingdom Hearts series manga and some of the .Hack// series manga.

NiceOnRice
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM

So many of my friends are into halo! the games and the books, some of my ( FIFTEEN YEAR OLD) friends even have action figures. (don't worry They don't play with them XP, that would be odd) but I don't get the hype.
I'm just not that interested. Perhaps its because I can't play halo for more than 5 minuets without becomeing severly motion sick. I think its also really cool though, because the geekiest kids in class get together and talk about what they did on halo last night. But the "coolest" kids do too!
It is rather humbling.

jamilee-nicole
*^_^*

Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 PM

I have read a book (not a comic!) starring Laura Croft.

It was rather good, though not Top 20 material. Good for a read on the beach or something.

sinbari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 06:50 AM

You know, as soon as I saw the title to this thread, the first thing that came to mind was "Well, I've read the Halo books..." *amused to be on the same wavelength*

That said, I have a few Warcraft books, but haven't read them yet. I had, as a kid, a few PacMan books, sort of "a day in the life" setting for them and the kid. Don't know where that got to. Hmm, there's just not a lot when it comes to video games that are worth mentioning...

Lady_Solange
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Solange Send a message via MSN to Lady_Solange

Old 10-13-2007, 03:06 PM

My favorite would have to be the Resident Evil novelizations. They're extremely interesting and you really can't put them down once you start.

Yue-Yue
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Yue-Yue

Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 PM

cool I wish I was a rich as you and these kind of books stink