Rinali Lee
*^_^*

Old 08-30-2007, 02:46 AM

O_O!! YES. Another Zane Cobriana fan! <3 I've been wondering if people still read these books, or if it was still just me. D: I LOVE Zane. I love all of Atwater-Rhode's characters, actually.

I imagined Zane to look a bit like Aoshi from Kenshin, except with red eyes and REALLY pale skin. Pretty, in any sense. And lithe.

Aubrey, pretty much the same, although I imagined him with gold eyes and longer hair. And of course, that tattoo.

I imagined Sirius Black, in his younger days, EXACTLY like this piece of fanart I found. But now I can't find it. D: So hold on for a while--but he was very pretty 8D

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 09-03-2007, 01:46 AM

After having a LONG look over my collection, I think I've come up with a list:

Edmond Dantes/Count of Monte Cristo - The Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas)

Women want him, men want to be him. He commands more money and power than anyone else he meets, and I always pictured him as a fiendishly handsome man to boot.

Athos - The Three Musketeers (Dumas)

Throughout the books he always struck me as having a very strong and striking presence, and as a nobleman one would expect him to have a certain aesthetic charm.

D'artagnan - The Three Musketeers (Dumas)

Of course he's handsome, he was written that way.

Will Graham - Red Dragon (Harris)

Okay, this is a cop out vote. He never struck me as being awestrikingly handsome, but I didn't want the Lecter quadrilogy to go unrepresented, and there weren't many males to pick from, as Lecter himself is written as charming, witty, brilliant, insane, and kind of homely. If brains automatically equalled hotness, it'd be Hannibal at #1.

Louis de Pointe du Lac - Interview with the Vampire and Queen of the Damned (Rice)
Lestat de Lioncourt - Everything but Interview with the Vampire (Rice)

Lestat was written with a spectacular ego and limitless room for self-praise. He was obviously very handsome and engaging, it was part of his charm. Knowing his high opinion of himself, he would rave for chapters at a time about the beauty of his fledgeling Louis, so that's saying a lot.

Lucas Corso - The Club Dumas (Perez-Reverte)

It was part of his job to be attractive, but not too attractive. Egotistical but coy. Arrogant but humble. Hot.

Talon Karrde - Call to Power trilogy (Zahn)

Again, being attractive is part of his job.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd

In no particular order:

Boromir, from the Lord of the Rings
Mr Rochester, from Jane Eyre
Medraut, from the Winter Prince
Inigo Montoya, from The Princess Bride
Henry, from A Star Called Henry
Colonel Brandon, Sense and Sensibility
Trilok, from Born Confused
I thought no one had read this. And I totally agree. He's going on my list, too when I get around to coming up with one.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanne2332233
I actually thought Sirius Black would be hotter....xD
Same here!
because he is described as a good looking man.
Gary Oldman is a great actor, and has looked good in other movies, mainly thinking "The Professional"

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 09-04-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouse
I don't have 10... but I have some. I don't put them in order, 'cause they're all hot in a different way.

Mendanbar-- Patricia Wrede's Calling on Dragons
Edward Cullen-- Twilight and New Moon
Beaumont-- Dave Duncan's Paragon Lost
Sir Durendal-- Dave Duncan's The Gilded Chain
Feanor-- The Silmarillion
Elrond-- The Lord of the Rings
Rap-- Dave Duncan's A Handful of Men series

... there are more, but I can't think of them. ^_^'
I actually never really thought of Mendanbar as hot ^^; Maybe handsome but I thought of him as a little old for me when I read the books. I certainly liked him as a character though.

CrimsonSunset: xD I wasn't really into Scipio. It has been a while since I read that book though

Rinali Lee: Yes, I do love fan art of a young Sirius Black. I think fans get him far better.

Kinmotsu: OMG EDMOND DANTES = <3

A Scanner Darkly
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to A Scanner Darkly

Old 09-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Let's see...

10.Malingo from Abarat
9.Hatter Madigan from The Looking Glass Wars
8.McMurphey from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
7.Generals Doppler and Ganger from The Looking Glass Wars
6.Zigzag from Holes
5.Link from Feed
4.Robin Padfoot from Summerland
3.The Hassasin from Angels & Demons
2.Silas from The Da Vinci Code
1.Coyote from Summerland

No particular order. :'O

Who cares how they're described? xD I always imagine them hot.

Bleeding Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM

1. Edward Cullen- Twilight series
(2-10- in no certain order)
Thomas- Braced to Bite & sequels
Alexander Sterling- Vampire Kisses series
Wes- The Truth About Forever
James- My Heartbeat
Jasper- Twilight Series
Jacob- Twilight Series
Emmet- Twilight Series
Liam- Pop Princess
((i was gonna put someone else but i forgot :( ))

neur0mancer
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to neur0mancer Send a message via Yahoo to neur0mancer

Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM

I imagine Ender wiggin as a small, frail, little boy; with thinning almost-white hair; with wires coming out of his head.. connected to some sort of... uh.. backpack with electronic equipment, torn, drab military dress, and in the final scenes during the final "game", with these huge goggles that look like a cross between welders goggles and skiing goggles; and something that looks kind of like the nintendo powerglove on both his hands.
xD

Nessy

Old 09-05-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroSenshi12
Lucivar Yaslana-- Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy
Daemon SaDiablo--Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy
Joscelin Verreuil-- Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy series

Those three are tied for first. XP
QFEEEE. Omg. Daemon puts me into a puddle of dreamy just from reading him, I can only imagine how totally sexy he is in person. I'd love to dance with the Sadist one day...

:o~

Added to that list is:

Vidanric Shevraeth of Remalna - Crown/Court Duel (<3 to whomever put him)
Hyacinthe - Kushiel's Legacy
Imriel de la Courcel de Montreve - Kushiel's Legacy
Draco Malfoy - He was PERFECT
Sirius Black - Also perfect. Those tattoos plus that face...mmmnohgiuoer.

And I think that does it for me off the top of my head. I can probably think of more, but a good deal are female as well.

xD

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Gary oldeman is not yuck! xD
Hm...that's hard.
1. Lestat - Vampire Chronicles
2. Young sirius - HP
3. Quinn from Vampire Chronicles
4. Artemis Fowl
5. Murtagh - Eragon
6. Michael - the Witching Hour

Morien
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2007, 09:17 AM

I don't have my full collection of books with me, so I'm sure I'm leaving out characters that I adore.

10. Chihaya, Dragon Sword and Wind Child: He really captured my imagination because he was so otherworldly. The book was fantastic, but Chihaya was what made me want to read it more than once. I'd love to find a decent copy of this book.

9. Michael/Smitty Tibbs, The Only Alien on the Planet: I haven't even thought of this book for a long, long time. But it was one of my favorites. And Michael--- I had an enormous crush on him. Can't even remember what he was supposed to look like now, but... he inspired me a lot. I lost this book a while ago, and now I really want it back!

8. Seregil and Alec, Nightrunner Series: Ah, boys, boys, boys. These two really captured my heart. Alec more so, but they both deserve to be put on this list. Seregil, I thought of as sort of like... I don't know. Dashing and dark and Alec was sort of light and passionate. These two are pure enjoyment. I really don't want a movie made of these books, because I don't want my images of these lovely dears ruined.

7. Legolas, Lord of the Rings: I adore Book Legolas. He's funny, he's loyal, and he's ethereal. I was very disappointed with him in the movies, though I know they tried the best they could (I hope). But Orlando Bloom surfing down the stairs in Helm's Deep is really not the same as Legolas with his bow notched, framed against the stars.

6. Bagoas, The Persian Boy: Uhhh... I know he doesn't really count as a fictional character, but the way Mary Renault portrays him is mostly fictionalized, right? Anyway, I always thought of him as very gentle and beautiful.

5. Pell, Wraeththu: Though I still am unsure about how I feel about these books, Pell is one of the most attractive fictional characters that I've ever read about. I imagine him as absolutely stunning and torn between his passionate, loving side and his angry, domineering side. Love Pell.

4. Remus Lupin and Sirius Black (young), Harry Potter: Can't tear these two apart even in their cuteness rating. Though I prefer Remus, I always thought Sirius would be a looker. I was part of that whole crowd that paired them together and thought that the actor who ended up playing Voldemort would have made a Lupin closer to my imagination. Oh well. I really didn't like the faces on either Thewlis or Oldman (hardly anyone could come close to what I thought of them), but I loved the way in which they acted, so they're both forgiven.

3. Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter: Oh lord. I can't really explain this one at all. I'm sure it was Tom Felton's sweet little face that did it for me. Though he's getting kind of weird looking. But Draco's wonderful. I love that terrible kid.

2. Lleu, The Winter Prince: It's been years, and I still adore his snotty little attitude while he's still rather helpless. He's a brat, but a very dear brat. Medraut was lovely, as well, but doesn't quite merit a rating on here for the same reasons as Merry.

1. Frodo Baggins, Lord of the Rings: My very first fictional crush. I always thought of him as ... somewhat more substantial than Elijah Wood was in the movies. Though Wood did a decent job at portraying him, I always thought of Frodo as looking like an attractive 30something. I will always have a special place in my heart for Frodo.

Yeah, I'm probably forgetting someone special, but this is an attempt at a list.

Nessy

Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 AM

I must take the time to add that I forgot F'lar, from Dragonriders of Pern. Also a young Robinton, because they both sound so delicious!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 AM

Gah, I've been falling love with book men for as long as I can remember. I'm trying to remember some of the ones I liked as a kid, but they're not coming to me. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and have to come back and post them. Anyway, here are some of the more recent ones.

I'm fairly…obsessed with Harry Potter, so I have the hots for many of the guys: Neville, Bill, George, Draco, and especially Snape. Oh god, I love Snape. And um, quite randomly, a character who exists, but isn't in the books: the grandson of Newt Scamander, who wrote Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Apparently he and Luna get married someday.

I adore Bayub-Otal from Richard Adam's Maia. (Sometimes I feel like one of only five people in the world who's read this.) He's super honorable, respectful, sweet. Not exactly handsome, and slightly disabled, but oh so wonderful.

I tend to like at least one guy from each of the Samaria books, by Sharon Shinn. Gabriel in Archangel was lovely. Annoying, yes, but lovely none the less.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 09-10-2007, 02:25 PM

mmm yeah, Oliver Wood was how I imagined him too. I dont really have a list picked out but since you mentioned him i figured i would jump in and comment. Yeah, whoever played him is quite the hottie <3 (i knew the actors name a while ago but it was after the first movie came out ;p)

Harvard Mint
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM

i like harry potter when it was like his first year at hogwarts.... :oops:

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neur0mancer
I imagine Ender wiggin as a small, frail, little boy; with thinning almost-white hair; with wires coming out of his head.. connected to some sort of... uh.. backpack with electronic equipment, torn, drab military dress, and in the final scenes during the final "game", with these huge goggles that look like a cross between welders goggles and skiing goggles; and something that looks kind of like the nintendo powerglove on both his hands.
xD
I never really pictured him that way. That's kind of how I pictured Bean. I pictured Ender as a little smaller than average but not really frail. White hair? Hm...

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 PM

10. Jacen Solo-Star Wars books
9. Francisco D'Anconia-Atlas Shrugged
8. John Galt-Atlas Shrugged
7. Howard Roark-The Fountainhead (was that guy even red-headed!? :gonk:)
6. Samuel Vimes-Discworld series
5. Percy Blake-The Scarlet Pimpernel
4. Edward Dante-The Count of Monte Cristo ('ve never seen the movies, but from the photos FROM the movies, it's not like I imagined it.)
4. Eric-The Phantom of the Opera. (Okay, in the book he's not "hot" so much as "creepy and sad", but I still wonder. The thing in the movie just doesn't fit. He's not even supposed to have a nose! I've never seen the old movie with Lon Chaney (I think), but the musical just doesn't fit.)
3. Fair Haristeen-Rita Mae Brown mystery series.
2. Qwill-The Cat Who.... series (I haven't read them for a long time, but I am curious.)
1. Baron Saturday-Discworld series.

These aren't all so much "I think they'll be hot" as "I wonder what they look like"..... With some, there's a healthy amount of both, though. ;)

Masquerade
*^_^*

Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 AM

If I try to rank them properly I'll be up all night, so here's a general listing of five gorgeous literary men:

1. Sirius Black. I imagine him to be the most handsome of the marauders in Harry Potter. I loved that he was first described with long black hair, and it's how I've imagined him ever since (even though in book 5, JKR mentioned that he'd gotten a haircut). He's some sort of weird, long-haired anime bishie hybrid to me.

2. Mr. Darcy. I fully admit that I saw the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice before I ever read the book. Colin Firth has completely taken over my mental picture of him and I can't imagine him any other way. (However, I can imagine Elizabeth looking far different from all the movie versions of her that I've seen.)

3. Daemon of Anne Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy. I imagine him as broad-chested, sort of tanned, longish black hair, with plenty of muscle and tight pants to spare. However, as much as I love guys in makeup, I've always had this almost disgusted reaction to the passages in the book where he's described as painting his face. I feel like he'd be most attractive without that sort of thing.

4. Lucivar of the same books. My problem here is that, as an Eyrien, he's supposed to be just another human but with wings attached. My brain warped this completely and turned him into Goliath from the old Disney Gargoyles series. I've gotten to a point where he sort of looks like that character design in my head, only no tail or talons and with normal skin instead of, y'know, PURPLE.

5. Remus Lupin. He's not handsome to me, exactly. More like ... scruffy, comfortable, a tiny bit feral when he's completely pissed, but mostly all shabby and (how embarrassing is this to admit?) cuddly. I love that his clothes are all threadbare and he's going prematurely gray.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 09-15-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade
2. Mr. Darcy. I fully admit that I saw the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice before I ever read the book. Colin Firth has completely taken over my mental picture of him and I can't imagine him any other way. (However, I can imagine Elizabeth looking far different from all the movie versions of her that I've seen.)
Oooo however did I forget about him when making my list? Mr. Darcy is one of the most attractive men in literary history!

Indy Lyon
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 PM

[quote="Alegretto"]Oooh, how fun. I actually wound up having a hard time thinking up people, though. All I wanted to list were Game of Thrones characters. ;_;

10. Lestat de Lioncourt- Interview with the Vampire
9. Aramis- The Three Musketeers

don't know who Aramis is but Lestat in both movies and books were brilliant in a shadowy way ^-^ though i was dissappointed when i first saw the Potter movies and laid eyes on Harry :(

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 AM

Orly. Fun topic.

1. Seregil - Nightrunner by Lynn Flewelling

Long black hair and an elvish swordsman's build. Wiry toned muscles. Wearing black and silver. Probably really soft leather.

2. Alec - Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner

I always pictured him half drugged and in disarray.
Rumpled clothing probably green white and gold eyes half closed and mouth slick with wine. The manipulative mind working in over drive assessing everyone and everything around him.

3. Llewellyn Fair (I) - Here be Dragons

Welsh warrior. Very good horseman. They say the Welsh ride like they were born in the saddle. :D
I always pictured Llewellyn as being very easy on the eyes the kind of man who could inspire passion in his wife and fidelity in his people.

4. Jamie - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
Great Scottish warrior in a kilt. Were the kilt not enough, there's the accent and flaming red hair. The ingrained nobility of spirit and desire to protect. Very nice.

5. Athos - The Three Musketeers. I have two mental pictures of him. I seem to have one that mirrors Kiefer. ^_^;
The other is from the Three Musketeer Mysteries where he is described as having long black hair, dark blue eyes, and a psychotic lopsided grin primarily acquired
during a killing rage.

6. Percy - The Scarlet Pimpernel. Another wit and master of disguise Percy risks his neck sneaking into France to save the despised Aristocrats. A leader of fashion in English society.

7. Jesus - Mary, Called Magdalene by Margaret George. Yes, I know, I'm special.

8. Boba Fett - I seem to have a thing for men who can outwit the devil himself. And looking at number seven... hem. That wasn't intentional. Ok then. Boba Fett's a badass.

9. Jon Snow - George R.R. Martin - Game of Thrones.

10. Durendal - The Gilded Chain - Dave Duncan.
Got to agree with the person who said Durendal.

Bonus Rounds.

11. Sirius Black - Harry Poter - Ok I wasn't going to make a concession to Harry Potter... but Sirius is just too awesome fandom wise.

12. Jean Claude - Anita Blake - I'm noticing I have a bit of a thing for men with long dark hair. Vampire. Blue eyes.
Speaks french. Is rich. :]

13. Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice.

pinkstar

Old 10-13-2007, 06:47 PM

who are they?

Yue-Yue
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Yue-Yue

Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 PM

handwsome

Laitha
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Laitha

Old 10-13-2007, 08:23 PM

Edward, from Twilight. Or Jasper. You can't get much better than perfect.

Syrinx330
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2007, 02:23 AM

Actually, my hottest guys come from my own stories I've been writing, is it healthy to have dreams about guys you create? xD But anyways, here they are, in no particular order:

1. Loius from Interview with the Vampire - Anne Rice (who happens to run off with Armand with my luck...why is it always me, happens in real life all the time too...^_^;)
2. Vilkas in The Lesser Kindred - Elizabeth Kerner (sequil to Song in the Silence)
3. Who can deny it, Edward from Twilight.
4. Richard in Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind
5. Cedric in Harry Potter

Those are my top five because I can't think of anymore at the moment.