Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM

i've not been through all the pages of topics so if this has been disscussed then i appologise.

i'm writing about books featuring, or staring animals...

a favourite series of books i read is the Silver Brumby stories about the wild horses in Australia. it follows a horse names Thowra as he grows up, the battles he faces and surviving the hounding from Men who wish to tame him...

it continues through many books following his children and grandchildren. i'm a masive fan of horses which is why i orriginally picked up the books, but they are beautifully written.

another series of books i remember getting from the local library had a similar way of following the growth of the characters through several books was about cats. i cant remember the name of the series though, but it follows a cat as he grows up and decides to leave the house to find his dad, a feral cat called Beau...
he finds him and he is in charge of a large group of feral cats and the tom has to fight to get accepted with them...
i think his mate was called Pinky... but i cant remember...
it was a brilliant series of storys...

so does anyone else have favourits stories about animals?

do you know the series i've talked about?

Liz
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Well I read more animes but I think I have read a book about animal I think that it"s name is "Black Tears"

It"s about Dragon"s

Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 PM

i meant more like real animals as opposed to mythological things like dragons but thanks for replying anyway ^.^

Arcaica
*^_^*

Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 PM

Hmm maybe kid books, or tecnical books?
because ive got one about mammals! its pretty nice!

Have you heard of brown bear white bear?

Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM

hehe i meant stories. but i guess that counts...
i've got tones of Horse and Pony books, all about the different breeds and such ^.^

i've got a class one called the animal atlas... i've coppied lots of pictures out of that >.<

Arcaica
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2007, 12:03 AM

well you can always go to a library and search the kid bookks

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 07-14-2007, 09:34 AM

I love The Silver Brumby books. Mainly the first one, have you read any of the others?
[/i]

Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Arcaica:
yes i may have to, i tried doing a search on google but it didnt come up with anything like what i remember >.<

SUN:
yes! i have the first 6 books,
Silver Brumby
Silver Brumby's daughter
silver brumbies of the south
silver brumby kingdom
silver brumby whirlwind
son of the whirlwind.

i know there are more to the series becaue i remember getting them from the library but those are the ones i have.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 AM

I can't say that i know what you're talking about. But Black Beauty is a classic that I loved. Also there's this one book about true stories featuring miracles involving cats. I'm a big cat fan.

Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-18-2007, 08:43 PM

cool, i love black beauty, again for being such a huge horse fan, i cried my eyes out reading it though... poor poor Ginger, i so didnt want her to die!!!!

i cry at the film version too >.< i'm such an old softie!

CrimsonSunset

Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM

I've heard of this series called Warriors. I do belive that they are about wild cat clans or something like that.