neur0mancer
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to neur0mancer Send a message via Yahoo to neur0mancer

Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 AM

Apparently, The Wheel of Time author has died.
Wikipedia lists him as recently deceased.
Someone sent me a screenshot of the blog, as its not loading for me.
His blog is located Here, but I was having little luck getting in. It keeps timing out.
The page did load, albeit in times new roman and no background, and that entry was there. ._.

One of his books is still in progress...
So, who do you think will take over the series?
A relative, or avid fan? D:

Are you as bummed as I am? ; ;

Masquerade
*^_^*

Old 09-17-2007, 03:44 AM

Looks like they also have the blog entry in the discussion tab of the Robert Jordan wikipedia article. I still wouldn't believe it 100% until I saw a source firsthand myself, but it still sounds pretty likely.

I never read his stuff, but it's sad all the same.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 09-17-2007, 04:29 AM

Geez. That came out of nowhere for me. I mean, I read Wheel of Time, but not his blog, so I had no idea. I'm really kind of stunned and deeply saddened. Sure, his books get long-winded and I whine about them a bit, but I really enjoyed the whole "epicness" of them. And it's always sad to see a creative mind lost.

Thanks for the news-- I doubt I would have found out any other way.

I hope that someone picks up the last book because I'm a story addict, and I do want to know what happens in the end.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 09-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Really? it's been well-known for a long while that Jordan had some incurable illness or whatnot. He had some surgeries to prolong his life, buuuut it seems he didn't make it long enough to finish the books.

Pity. Always sad to lose an author.

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM

Yes RJ passed away on Sunday, September 16th at 2:45 pm after a long and hard battle with Amyloidosis. This is very heartbreaking, he will be greatly missed. It's everywhere now, so if you still cant access his blog at www.dragonmount.com just google his name. As to anyone continueing book 12 or any of the "side plot" books he had planned, it is unknown yet. I know he had a lot done and hopefully Harriet or another member of the family will see that it gets published in his memory. The funeral is schedualed for Thursday in South Carolina. Many of his fans have chosen to wear white today and for many days to come to honor this great man who was a wonderful writer and an amazing person.

To all his fans, Our Dragon is now at peace, his battle is over, but his memory will live forever in our hearts.

Kity (KitySedai of the Green Ajah)