padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 10-06-2007, 12:18 PM

• You claim to hate it, yet you know NOTHING about it other than the fact that everyone seems lo love it?

Gee, ever think that maybe there's a reason millions of children and adults enjoy reading Harry potter books?

I'm not saying you have to love it, but in my eyes, someone who hasn't read a single word of a book has no opinion whatsoever on liking or disliking the book.

Personally, I started reading Harry Potter when I was in 4th grade. I grew up with the books, and I loved them. I went to the midnight releases, and yes, I dressed up. I even learned how to knit so I could make myself a Harry Potter scarf. When I got to high school, I realized that the books were poorly written, but had good plots, and ideas, etc. At 8, even 10 years old I was too young to realize this, so It wasn't an issue. Just because I realized that the books weren't written entirely well didn't mean I was going to stop reading them, and never find out the ending of the books that I had loved and grown up with. I'm not too crazy about the movies, I think they screwed themselves over by leaving things out. God knows if they'll be able to make a 7th movie.

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 10-06-2007, 12:56 PM

• I can't say I hate the books since I never took the chance to read them, but I really rather not waste my time on them. The movies are good enough for me. When I see a movie from a book I will not go and read the book since I'd get bored knowing what'll happen. Yes, a lot in movies is left out, but I rather not waste the time of seeing what I missed.

akane1412
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-06-2007, 01:08 PM

I think what you hate is not Harry Potter but the huge fandom it has...

Maybe one day you should take a break and take a look into it. Who knows? maybe you will enjoy it ;3

DemonsSpawn
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-06-2007, 05:08 PM

I have personally read Harry Potter all of them and I hate it is way too predictable and it is a childish writing style it is supposed to be a young adult genre not a little kids bedtime story

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsSpawn
I have personally read Harry Potter all of them and I hate it is way too predictable and it is a childish writing style it is supposed to be a young adult genre not a little kids bedtime story
The first publication was advertised for children aged 8-13, so it really was meant as a kind of "bedtime story," as you put it. It was only the later novels began to be aimed at older readers.

DemonsSpawn
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM

But these new are in the same type of writing style and yet the craze is another cause for not reading the book though all I really have to say is thank Rowling that there will be no more unless she feels the need to make a series after the last one then it would all begin again

Aitri
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-06-2007, 07:30 PM

I hate it too now. It used to be really good, but the last couple of books totally killed it. And as you said, every loves it and makes it like an overused trend. Really annoying.

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-07-2007, 12:32 AM

The ending in the last book was sloppy(no offence JK Rowling) and it didn't explain if vitoire was bill and fleurs daughter, some people might not even know if Teddy was a orphan or not!

Jimminie Krickit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-07-2007, 03:46 AM

I could not disagree with you more. I could never hate the written word. Now, 1985 was so boring and dull. I would never read it again. But I at least TRIED to read it before I said I didn't like it.

To say you don't like something before you try it isn't the smartest thing I have ever heard of doing. Try it before you knock it. It may surprise you.

Shanti

Old 10-07-2007, 07:01 PM

nope there isn't a book that I hate, and I LOVE hp!! :evil:

Teeth
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teeth

Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 PM

ZOMG THANK YEW.
Finally someone other then me who isnt OBSESSED with Harry Potter.
Sure, I like the idea of the story, and the movies were pretty enjoyable, but its not like OMG I MUST HAVE THE NEW BOOK I GOTTA SEE IF HARRY WILL DIE OR NOT!!!
I havent read any of the books..I read 2 pages and couldnt stand it..Sorry! Apologies to anyone whos HP Obsessive.
Anyways, yep. :3

pwny_of_doom
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2007, 04:58 AM

Few people ever make a stand against Harry Potter.
I don't mind reading Harry Potter, but I prefer higher level reading. The first one was the best.. the rest devolve into politics, and it gets boring.

aimi sakuko
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 AM

i dont hate, neither do i like harry potter. i watched the movie though , its quite ok. for enjoyment is ok.

the book, i have no idea, i sort of dont like to read magic stories

xXcarly_sqzrXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 PM

if u haven't read/watch hp, dont judge on it , coz u dont know anything about it

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 10-09-2007, 05:12 AM

• Oh god, I HATE Harry Potter too. Ever since it came out and everyone was totally into the craze (and still are) I'm like, what the hell is everybody on? I really hate how everyone's obsessed with it and one of my former friends tried to get me into it (even sending me a Harry Potter valentine card) and I just hate it enough to never touch anything of it...meaning that if I had to move something over that's HP related, I take a pair of gloves or something else so I don't directly touch the product. Yuh. I'm that spiteful of it.

Alice Elliot
*^_^*

Old 10-09-2007, 09:49 AM

I honestly haven't read any HP books, despite its popularity. I don't know, just that I haven't found the incentive to try it, so I'm not in any position to say whether I like it or not.

cherrykisses224

Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 AM

I loved Harry Potter for about the first three books. But honestly I stopped reading them because it got too scary for me. When my sister and I were younger we would spend days holed up in her room listening to the Harry Potter books on tape. My mom would bring us grilled cheese sandwiches and apple juice. I have really fond memories of Harry Potter. The last book I read Harry was into girls and Voldemort was coming back to life. It just got waaaay too intense for me. I'm a scardy cat haha

speedvolt
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to speedvolt

Old 10-11-2007, 08:10 AM

I also hate harry potter and I love fiction but not the kinds that don't have pictures and I dont like those magical stuff that involves people turning into some power ranger stuff because I think its childish and the heroes of the story are cowards since they cant do magic without the costumes. I like stories like spider man because they're heroes that can use they're powers without the costumes

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 10-11-2007, 09:25 AM

I was the same at first. I didn't want to read Harry Potter because I couldn't believe the amount of publicity a children's novel was getting when tons of good literature was sitting in the dust. But I started collecting the fan art and eventually changed my mind.
I make no pretense that the books are good, but I enjoy being a part of the on-line community.
I do have to agree with you though. I love a good action novel with a hero who relies on his wit to save the day. I'm a huge fan of heroes like Batman, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Boba Fett.

Fred Weasley
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM

When you have not red it yet, how can you judge the books?
That's childish. ^_^
I'm a huge HP fan, though.

Pixeluscious

Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM

There is a reason why things get hyped up you know. Usually because they are good.
When I was in primary school I thought that bucking the trend would make me look different and cool too.
When I actually read the book I disagreed. Missing out on something just because you want to stand out is pretty pointless.

Z OMG

Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 PM

Y'know what... I hate you then.

At least attempt to read something before you flame it.
Jesus, just because the media have hyped it, doesn't mean you can automatically go 'I hate it' ffs retard.

:evil:

Techmaga
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Techmaga

Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Yeah. Personally, I don't like Lord of the Rings at all... But I tried and ended up having to force myself to keep reading when I was halfway through the three books... even before the movies existed. In the end, I've seen the movies and read the book, I can genuinely say I am not interested in LOTR.

DaddysD3vil

Old 10-11-2007, 08:49 PM

Hating is a strong word so I think you should use dislike or don't like something alone that line and nope I like all kinds of books except for the nasty perv books

Striped Chocolate
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Merr.

For some reason I have a small tinge of dislike for the Harry Potter Series. Though, oh wells.

I don't like Lord of the Rings. It just gets me comfused on what is going on!

Sorry for my mis-behavior.

-Striped Chocolate