NiceOnRice
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Hum, Hate is a pretty stong word,I don't hate anything...

HOWEVER I do have an outragously strong dislike for naruto. Stupidest shit ever.
But that is just my oppinion.

Pee.S.
I like hary potter, for the most part, and first and third books are crap XD but I REALLY like books 4-6

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_freak07
i actually love fiction stories, those with magical stuffs and adventures. i also love the idea of the witches, wizards, potions and other stuffs. but i just dislike "harry potter". i haven't read any harry potter books, or watched any harry potter movies.. it is because i really hate the idea of it.. yeah, harry potter here, harry potter there!! people are obsessed with harry potter (especially my classmate with an obsessive compulsive like attitude)!!! what the hell is with harry potter!? sh*t i hate it so much!!!

anyone hating a specific novel too?
you hate the books and movies...though you've never read them? What ever happened to "don't judge a book by its cover"?

I hated it too, then my mom told me to give it a try...and i LOVED it.

Just because a LOT of people like it doesn't make it bad. It's obviously doing something right if there's such a massive fanbase.

If you read it and then were like, "Wow, this blows" that's one thing, but hating something because of a vague idea you have of it, and it's fanbase is just kinda...dumb (no offense)

memento mori omega

Old 10-12-2007, 02:22 AM

okay I can say I've read the first four hp books and half of the fifth and I don't like them at all, I can understand why they got popular but they just aren't in my tastes

LOTR was too wordy, it was like I had to work at reading the book, seriously if I wanted to read a textbook I'd study for a test.

I really like memiors, Happy Birthday or Whatever has to be one of my favorite books ever, it's absolutely amazing, the author manages to make her life extrodenarily humorus and allow you to understand the downsides of her life at the same time. My personal favorite part is when she's describing how her once extremely fashionable mother has traded in her cashmere sweaters for thousands of items of mismatching plaid. Seriously atleast preview this book it's awsome.

NiceOnRice
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 02:40 AM

that sounds kinnda neat, everyone needs abit of hummor.
maybe I'llcheck the school librayr for it?
do you remember who it is by?

memento mori omega

Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 AM

Her first name is Annie, and I want to say her last name is something like cho...she's asian and has a very typical korean last name...I'm pretty sure it's only one syllable if that helps

Rawkness
Meccha leccha hi, meccha hiney h...
Send a message via AIM to Rawkness Send a message via Yahoo to Rawkness

Old 10-12-2007, 02:44 AM

I can actually understand how you feel. When I was younger, even though I'd never read Harry Potter, I hated them because 1) they were overwhelmingly popular, and 2) my close friends weren't allowed to read them. Eventually, I recieved a Harry Potter video game from a parent. I liked it, and decided to give the books a chance. I've been hooked for years since.

I've read the full seven-book series multiple times, and seen four out of the five movies that are currently out. If you're interested in magic, witches and wizards, and stuff like that, give 'em a chance - you may find that you like 'em. And if not, that's fine, too; just because they're popular doesn't mean you have to like them. But at least you know what they're like and whether they suit your tastes.

Techmaga
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Techmaga

Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkness
I can actually understand how you feel. When I was younger, even though I'd never read Harry Potter, I hated them because 1) they were overwhelmingly popular, and 2) my close friends weren't allowed to read them. Eventually, I recieved a Harry Potter video game from a parent. I liked it, and decided to give the books a chance. I've been hooked for years since.

I've read the full seven-book series multiple times, and seen four out of the five movies that are currently out. If you're interested in magic, witches and wizards, and stuff like that, give 'em a chance - you may find that you like 'em. And if not, that's fine, too; just because they're popular doesn't mean you have to like them. But at least you know what they're like and whether they suit your tastes.
Wise words, midear

strawberry kiss
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2007, 04:38 AM

i just dont see the point in reading it... i dont really like the characters either.... but i really do love fiction as well! :P

Aylar
*^_^*

Old 10-12-2007, 05:24 AM

I used to really like the series, but when I got into middle school I didn't enjoy it as much, and there were other books that I found better. I haven't actually read past the 4th book, just because I always find something better.

RoyalSquishy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-12-2007, 05:44 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't exactly agree with you. But, I'm sure that there are a billion of fanatics out there because they love the book or the movie.

You shouldn't hate something just because everyone else is crazy about it. What if everyone was crazy about this site? Would you hate it too? Although I must admit, the more people praise something, the more it raises my hopes. Then, when I actually do the thing, I'm extremely disappointed.

XD
that's the end of my rant....how about some actual chatting?

(man I love this site, I can talk instead of just bumping like in Gaia, although, Im still attached to Gaia)

I also LOVE fantasy and mythical books, they are my absolute favorite. I love the author Tamora Pierce and all her series, they appeal to all :)

Raven Koudelka
Send a message via AIM to Raven Koudelka Send a message via MSN to Raven Koudelka Send a message via Yahoo to Raven Koudelka

Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM

Harry Potter is cliche, stereotypical bunk. Everything I could see from a mile away after the fourth book. Every. Thing.

Ugh. Please, someone write a GOOD book soon...

sandstormv2
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2007, 11:54 AM

i agrre harry potter is a waste of maoney and time... you can just ask people on the internet what happened people spam it all over the place so whats the point in buying it then having it ruind by people on the internet or people at school

juno rally
*^_^*

Old 10-12-2007, 01:56 PM

there are only a few of the books that i like. others i just couldnt stand. that added with the fact that the films completly ruin the imagination of it all.

its just when some things are rushed or when they just dont make any sence at all (like magic, wizards, witches and magical creatures make sence in the first place :roll: )

i didnt hate the books but feel they could have been done a bit better in parts.

however i do hate the hype about it. its a book, and nothing more.

Fin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM

You don't seem to hate Harry Potter but rather the popularity and attention it has received. It's silly that you hate something that you haven't read and know little about. The idea of it may seem bad to you but who knows, when you read it you might find Rowling's writing to speak directly to your heart.

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 10-12-2007, 03:08 PM

I don't mind the magic so much. I actually really like stories about magic. Witches and legends. Not so big on Wizards. But I grew up reading any King Arthur book I could get my hands on. There are some really great books from Bane about elves in Urban settings. Like Mercedes Lackey has written a few books about elves who save kids in abusive homes and work part time on the race track. I like that sort of thing... pretty interesting.

skells
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 PM

I must say, I really like Harry Potter. At least the Fandom. The books sort of fizzled out a little for me and the movies are terrible.

silly-lion
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 PM

HP's great for me at any rate. It's extreme fandom is prety silly though.

Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Well, I haven't read the books either, but thats because my parents refuse to have me read them. And when I tried to read one of the books, I couldn't stick with it. I just didn't like it. But there's no reason to hate the book...

AznBuNNiee
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 01:05 AM

well, you can't really hate it until you've
actually read or watched the movie. /=

maybe you just hate how a lot people are
obsessed with it.... >________>;;

who knows? you might come to enjoy harry potter.

Purple puma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM

I hate that book alot too. The story line is kinda crappy, and I don't like the characters.