Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2007, 06:11 PM

The series by Naomi Novik?
Any one read them? They are about a dragons used during the Napoleonic Wars! Very interesting...non fiction of course :P

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 AM

I can't say I can really recall that book, but the title rings a bell. I might have read it a long time ago, but maybe not. Would you recommend it?

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 PM

the first book is called his majesty's dragon. i highly recommend it, yes :3

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM

Yes I did like them, I have Tremeraire, but I believe the American version is called His Majesty's Dragon. Not sure, I own the UK version.. Anyway I do like the series, she's a good writer, with a new twist on the entire Dragon idea. I very much like it, mainly because its original and just because its so interesting.

Lithle
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Of the four that are out, I've read three of them. I've looked at the fourth, but not actually picked it up. I think I liked the series better at the start than I do now. The first one was fascinating, the second one was pretty good. The third one, well, the third one I found pretty disappointing. I didn't like it nearly so much. And for that reason, I'm pretty hesitant to pick up the fourth. It's an interesting idea, though its hard to really encompass the size of the dragons for me. I mean they are fully and truly... HUGE.

Still, it's an interesting take on historical fantasy, and I think people should try the series. Especially if you like that time period.

sinbari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 06:59 AM

This is definitely a favorite series of mine - I just finished the fourth book, and can't wait for the next! Naomi Novik does a terrific job of integrating Dragons into the Napoleonic era, and making it BELIEVABLE in the process! A definite must-have for any fan of dragon books, or even history buffs, for it's surely a twist ;)

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2007, 05:16 AM

there's four!! :o right now i can only find 3 in canada...maybe i just have to wait a bit :)