Jynk
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Jynk

Old 10-12-2007, 04:39 AM

I'm new here and looking to make friends, and it the best way seems to be finding common interests. Has anyone here ever read any of Christopher Moore's books? They're wonderfully funny and twisted. My favourite ones so far are Lamb and Island of the Sequined Love Nun.

So, anyone else ever read his books?

Solitare
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2007, 07:13 AM

No I haven't but I'm adding him to my list. :D I'll let you know what I think of his writing. I read almost anything & everything & am always looking for new authors :D

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 AM

I just started reading his book Coyote Blue about the Native American trickster god Coyote. I also strongly recommend The Stupidest Angel... it's a touching story about a Christmas wish gone horribly wrong and zombies that are obsessed with AKEA.

jamilee-nicole
*^_^*

Old 10-12-2007, 02:27 PM

I simpply ADORE Christopher Moore!

I have read Bloodsucking Fiends, Lamb (best christianity related humor book EVER!), The Stupidest Angel (Raziel is a RIOT!) and one that I cannot remember the title of. The one with the guy who becomes a Grim Reaper or the like and is the father of a little girl who happens to be some kind of Death God or something.

Christopher Moore is so hilarious!

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 PM

Oh, that's A Dirty Job! That's the first one I read by him. I loved Lamb and Stupidest Angel. Raz is just so adorable.. I wanted to hug him and hit him on the head at the same time. ^__^

skells
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2007, 05:34 PM

I've read a few: Bloodsucking Fiends, You Suck, Fluke and I am currently reading A Dirty Job. I love him though, he's so sarcastic and funny. I can't wait to get some more of his books.

jamilee-nicole
*^_^*

Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynk
Oh, that's A Dirty Job! That's the first one I read by him. I loved Lamb and Stupidest Angel. Raz is just so adorable.. I wanted to hug him and hit him on the head at the same time. ^__^
Yup. Raz was the original dumb blonde. So cute! So stupid! He was hilarious with the whole deal involving soap operas!
How I wish I could see him in more of Moores books!

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Fluke was great.. but kinda lost me a bit on the big secret of where the people were in the sea.

You'll love A Dirty Job. His messing with the people in the sewers is hilarious. That book has a lot of random parts in it.

skells
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2007, 05:59 PM

I really liked Fluke, which is odd for me, since I don't believe in evolution. When I started reading it, I was sure I was going to hate it, but it went together so absolutely fantastically, that I couldn;t help but love it. Although, I think the Goo is a little preposterous.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 PM

Skells>> Yeah, the Goo part was where it kinda lost me.

Jamilee>> I loved Raz. The soap operas was great. I loved him a lot in Stupidest Angel, too. Though, the zombies started to steal the show toward the end. I giggle everytime an AKEA commercial comes on now.

I wish a lot of Moore's characters would pop up in his other books. That's something I really liked about Stupidest Angel... characters from other books got together for one adventure. Btw, the demon Catch from Lamb actually is also in Practical Demonkeeping (Moore's first book).

Solitare
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2007, 06:52 PM

WOW! After reading all of these posts I am determined to read him now! I'm going to take a trip to the library and check a few out. Thanks! I was wondering what I was going to do this week end ;)

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 PM

You can't go wrong on his books. If you had to only read one book by him.. read Lamb, but keep an open mind since it's about Jesus.