plux
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-13-2007, 12:11 PM

I'm assuming if you're here that you've heard of this wonderful trilogy by author Phillip Pullman.

His Dark Materials is a series of books about a girl called Lyra who travels between several different dimensions in order to do various things such as find her lost friend, stop a war, and, well, keep the peace. The books are, in chronological order:

Northern Lights [Called the Golden Compass in America]
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass

Each book is amazingly well written, and that is why I felt the need to provide this thread for fans of the series to discuss the books themselves, as well as the soon-to-be-released film and video game of the first book.

So yes, I might edit this later but until then:

Enjoy.

Taviren
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Ah! A wonderful trilogy indeed! I heard they're making a movie out of it too. O.o

I totally loved the first two books! The Amber Spyglass... well, I didn't like it the first time I read it, but then I read it a second time and concluded that it was just as awesome as the others.

I want a daemon so bad! I wonder what shape mine would take?

plux
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Yes, they are indeed making a movie out of it. there are two trailers for it out c:

i speed-read the amber spyglass so i didn't understand it completely.

haha, me too. i think mine might be the shape of a cat or a bird.

Rainstar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 11:59 PM

I have only read the first two. >.< Can't wait to read the third when I get my hands on it, and can't wait to see what the movie's like. It will be somewhat of a very late birthday present for me to see it.

EDIT: I have no idea what mine would be. I love cats though. People have compared me to a Siamese cat before, so maybe that. >.>

Windy Opal
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 AM

I've only read the first two books,but am trying to find the last one. I do hope Mr. Pullman writes more books. I have no idea what shape my Daemon would be, maybe a bird or something that stands for my love of knowledge.

Kiralisha
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 03:09 AM

I really loved those books.I spent long hours wondering what my daemon would be. The last book makes me cry... Every time... Pullman is a wonderful storyteller. He has a knack for writing things that are really bittersweet.