View Single Post
padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 10-06-2007, 12:18 PM

• You claim to hate it, yet you know NOTHING about it other than the fact that everyone seems lo love it?

Gee, ever think that maybe there's a reason millions of children and adults enjoy reading Harry potter books?

I'm not saying you have to love it, but in my eyes, someone who hasn't read a single word of a book has no opinion whatsoever on liking or disliking the book.

Personally, I started reading Harry Potter when I was in 4th grade. I grew up with the books, and I loved them. I went to the midnight releases, and yes, I dressed up. I even learned how to knit so I could make myself a Harry Potter scarf. When I got to high school, I realized that the books were poorly written, but had good plots, and ideas, etc. At 8, even 10 years old I was too young to realize this, so It wasn't an issue. Just because I realized that the books weren't written entirely well didn't mean I was going to stop reading them, and never find out the ending of the books that I had loved and grown up with. I'm not too crazy about the movies, I think they screwed themselves over by leaving things out. God knows if they'll be able to make a 7th movie.