NavigatingAnomaly
I'm just some weird entity findi...

Old 01-06-2014, 10:42 PM

I would imagine that there are lots of 3Ds owners. Though it's still kinda difficult to streetpass anyone whenever I go out.

So let's talk about what games you like for the 3Ds. Does anything stand out as one you play more often? Do you play online much?

As for me, I have:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Tennis
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Colors 3D
Crimson Shroud
Zenonia
Undead Storm
Super Mario Land 2
Ikachan
Steam World Dig

I mainly play Fire Emblem and doodle in Colors 3D but I'm more than up for some racing and battling in Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising respectively. Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2014, 07:55 AM

I have a very neglected 3DS that has barely been used. When I was younger I really enjoyed the first few Pokemon games, Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold. So I decided to buy Pokemon Y to try to delve back into something similar to what I had played when I was younger. The game is so vastly different and I have been so lost that I've pretty much given up playing it any further.

Fire Emblem looks very enjoyable, and hopefully I'll convince myself to pick up a copy of Fire Emblem and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask someday. I love puzzles, so the later will probably be my next game.

NavigatingAnomaly

Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 PM

I used to play Pokemon a lot but not much anymore. Not because I think it's kiddy or boring or anything like that, but because the multiplayer component just stayed so simple after 6 generations. I wanted to play games that let me go on adventures with others and not just battle or trade with them.

I still like the franchise don't get me wrong. I just wanted to do more than what the series would allow.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2014, 12:22 AM

I can agree with the sentiment. Despite the supposed "changes" to the game mechanics the game remains relatively similar to its predecessors. The changes from game to game have been few and far between.

Sort of gets tiring playing the same game over and over again

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 12:13 PM

$300 animal crossing machine for me. Not gonna lie though, I love it to bits. I also play pokemon X, but less often.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 PM

I have a 3DS. Currently I have Dead Or Alive Dimensions,Crossword puzzle game,and two downloaded games.

NavigatingAnomaly

Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
I have a 3DS. Currently I have Dead Or Alive Dimensions,Crossword puzzle game,and two downloaded games.
Cool a fighting game. Gonna get Smash Bros when it releases? Which download games do you have?

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 PM

I hav Project X Zone. I

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 PM

My brother traded in my DSi for a 3DS when the Pokemon games came out so that he could get one of each limited edition ones. I didn't really use it much when he gave it back to me, haha.

Pokemon X and Animal Crossing: New Leaf were alright, though I found that I have no drive to pick AC back up again after getting Pokemon. And then I never even got to the third gym in the Pokemon game. As much as I loved the franchise when I was younger, its just gotten really...repetitive, though the pokemon amie feature is cute. I just don't have much patience for turn-based combat games anymore it seems.

I didn't really play for long periods of time until I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. I adore the music in the FF series and rhythm games amuse me for some reason. So i played that for a bit until I lost interest. My brother also has a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening sitting around somewhere for me, but I haven't played it yet.

This last week though, he got me Rune Factory 4. I listened to one of my friends go on about this game for all of fall semester classes and it was pretty much really hyped up for me. And...well, I haven't stopped playing it yet, so it seems to be a good match for me xD

Tbh, beyond that I actually don't really know how to use my DS since I didn't really get one until last year I think? And I only got it to play The World Ends with You.

I'm looking forward to the release of Bravely Default and possibly Conception II but I don't know if any other games have really caught my eye.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 PM

I downloaded Switch Force 2.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-21-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Kazuya View Post
I'm looking forward to the release of Bravely Default and possibly Conception II but I don't know if any other games have really caught my eye.
I'd definitely recommend Bravely Default. I probably could have finished the main storyline by now but I want to unlock all of the jobs and level them all up.

I feel like I've been getting a lot more streetpasses lately. Used to be lucky to get 1-3 but now I'm getting 9-10 a trip if I'm in city centre. Most people seem to still be playing Pokemon.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM

since i've been on break I haven't been able to get any streetpasses, but classes start soon and i should be able to get at least 8 of them i think. But its true, most people still seem to be playing pokemon :/

Bravely Default has been preordered~ I couldn't resist getting the US Collector's Edition. I love video game soundtracks, haha. I'm gonna give the demo a try sometime when I have time to just sit and play games :)

Rikublade

Old 01-21-2014, 05:35 PM

I have 3ds. I wish I had a 3dsxl for the bigger screen size. Currently I have:
Mario Kart7
Kid icarus uprising(use to be my favorite until I accidentally fused my best weapon into the worst weapon)
Heros of ruin
Super mario 3d land
Animal crossing
Sonic generation
Colors 3d
....and a bunch of mini games.

I want to get Smash bros 4 for 3ds and wiiu at launch, but nobody where I live at want to hire for job.
Also does anybody know anything about flipnote 3d?

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM

how much bigger is the xl screen then the normal one?

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM

The Deluxe Collector's Edition of Bravely Default was gorgeous but it cost about £80 in the UK.

Not a Flipnote user, but I've heard it mentioned in articles about Pokemon Bank so I take it that's been delayed as well?

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM

the US ver. doesn't have the Agnes figure so that's why it was probably cheaper. It was a bit over 50 USD.

my brother has been excited for pokemon bank, because he apparently really needs it, lol. but i don't really follow up on news about these things so i don't really know anything about it :/

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 PM

Woah, that's like a mark-up of $80 for the figure.

Pokemon Bank would be useful for me but the delay is more of an annoyance. If you're a competitive Pokemon player or want to complete the Pokedex it's a tougher blow.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-21-2014, 08:43 PM

yea, the price really shocked me. that's a really big difference.

and I can see that, yea. I guess as the years passed I just lost interest in playing pokemon games. its a little sad, haha. But it's nice to see the new features they've added. but yea, at least they're doing something like the pokemon bank now, even if it takes longer than expected, it'll eventually come out.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 AM

I need to play Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon.

NavigatingAnomaly

Old 01-22-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
$300 animal crossing machine for me. Not gonna lie though, I love it to bits. I also play pokemon X, but less often.
Haven't played Animal crossing since Wild World. I know it's an awesome game but I just don't have the time anymore lol Maybe someday...
Quote:
I hav Project X Zone. I
Project X Zone does look really cool! Though I don't know half the characters. lol I might not get the full enjoyment out of it. Are the battles as short as they say? Are they at least fun or are you just pressing the same button combo over and over again?
Quote:
I downloaded Switch Force 2.
I was thinking of getting it but I'm not sure it's for me. Maybe I'll watch videos first before I decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
I'd definitely recommend Bravely Default. I probably could have finished the main storyline by now but I want to unlock all of the jobs and level them all up.

I feel like I've been getting a lot more streetpasses lately. Used to be lucky to get 1-3 but now I'm getting 9-10 a trip if I'm in city centre. Most people seem to still be playing Pokemon.
My sister wanted it so much that I pre-ordered the North American version for her. Because of that I'll eventually be able to play it. And yeah, getting streetpasses can be tough.
Quote:
since i've been on break I haven't been able to get any streetpasses, but classes start soon and i should be able to get at least 8 of them i think. But its true, most people still seem to be playing pokemon :/

Bravely Default has been preordered~ I couldn't resist getting the US Collector's Edition. I love video game soundtracks, haha. I'm gonna give the demo a try sometime when I have time to just sit and play games :)
I know that there will be those who disagree, but I'm kinda glad we're not getting the figure in the US Collector's Edition. I saw it online and it just didn't do it for me. lol
Quote:
how much bigger is the xl screen then the normal one?
90% bigger on the XL It does make a difference but I didn't mind getting the normal version. I got mine after the price drop and still, I bought it only when it was on sale at Target lol so it's even cheaper than normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
The Deluxe Collector's Edition of Bravely Default was gorgeous but it cost about £80 in the UK.

Not a Flipnote user, but I've heard it mentioned in articles about Pokemon Bank so I take it that's been delayed as well?
Yeah unfortunately it's been delayed. I never owned a DSi so I missed my chance to use the previous version. I so want to make my own animations lol
Quote:
I need to play Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon.
Mario kart is fun. Plus battle mode is available online so that gives more variety.

One game that so far is still Japan only is the RPG Fantasy Life by Level 5. In it you can create a character and choose from 16 classes like chef, blacksmith, mage etc... After an update, you can even play with friends online so I sooo want this to come to North America. Here's hoping. ^_^

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 PM

Honestly, I saw the figure too and I can agree that i don't really need it, haha. I'm happy with what I'll be getting,

And I was asking about the screen cause I jumped from a dsi to a 3ds xl xD but i used the dsi so rarely, i never even noticed the size difference, oops.

Flip Note was...interesting? haha. my brother had a lot of fun animating helicopters and stuff. i was just glad i could draw someone jumping over a rope x3

NavigatingAnomaly

Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I saw the figure too and I can agree that i don't really need it, haha. I'm happy with what I'll be getting,

And I was asking about the screen cause I jumped from a dsi to a 3ds xl xD but i used the dsi so rarely, i never even noticed the size difference, oops.

Flip Note was...interesting? haha. my brother had a lot of fun animating helicopters and stuff. i was just glad i could draw someone jumping over a rope x3
I have no idea how good I would be at it. lol But that's the main reason I want to get it. to try it out. ^_^

Nerosity
Kiddo

Old 01-24-2014, 04:00 PM

I bought my 3DS in a rush, so I didn't have money or time to find an XL or a pretty looking one (I wanted some of the Pokemon X and Y ones they had online.) so I bought a normal-sized cyan one. Which is cool too. The only reason I had bought it, at least at the time was for Pokemon X. I don't use it as much as my other systems, so right now I only have Pokemon X, Fire Emblem, and this game I got for 5$ on the online store, which I think is called Attack on the Friday Monsters, for it right now, but I'm probably going to get some more in the future. I bring my 3DS with me most of the times I go out (turned on) but so far I've only passed by one person. :( Probably it's because I live in a smaller town, and I guess not much people really go out carrying their 3DS's.

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 PM

I have the Animal Crossing 3DS and that's all I really play. I'd like to get some more games like the new Zelda one, but I never have any money. :(

NavigatingAnomaly

Old 01-26-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerosity View Post
I bought my 3DS in a rush, so I didn't have money or time to find an XL or a pretty looking one (I wanted some of the Pokemon X and Y ones they had online.) so I bought a normal-sized cyan one. Which is cool too. The only reason I had bought it, at least at the time was for Pokemon X. I don't use it as much as my other systems, so right now I only have Pokemon X, Fire Emblem, and this game I got for 5$ on the online store, which I think is called Attack on the Friday Monsters, for it right now, but I'm probably going to get some more in the future. I bring my 3DS with me most of the times I go out (turned on) but so far I've only passed by one person. :( Probably it's because I live in a smaller town, and I guess not much people really go out carrying their 3DS's.
Aww man I know how that's like. If only Nintendo would give us streetpasses over spotpass or something. But my 3Ds is also a cyan one so we have something in common. ^_^ I don't have Pokemon, but maybe we can join up in Fire Emblem if you'd like someone to play with sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llonka View Post
I have the Animal Crossing 3DS and that's all I really play. I'd like to get some more games like the new Zelda one, but I never have any money. :(
IKR money is always a barrier I just wait for the games I want to get on sale before I buy. Doing this I bought Paper Mario: Sticker Star for $20, Kid Icarus and Mario Tennis 3Ds for $26 each and Steamworld Dig from the eShop for $7. I almost never pay full price unless it's for a game with good pre-order bonuses or a game that might have a limited run (like a game from Atlus or something) that I know I'll like. I'm so busy with work and other games I haven't played yet that I can wait for sales.