Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Yeah, usually those people will send you that "information" about the price guide here being wrong in pm form where they'll ask for more gold. I just ignore them after that. Also I feel that when trading if it can't be said on the public forum, it shouldn't be said at all. Maybe that's just me though. I mean I'm sure there are some honest people that use pm to do trades as well, but from experience I haven't found that.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Anyone have an idea about what is up with Kinsaki?

It seems to be down.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-10-2009, 03:03 AM

No lol, who cares? :lol:

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 AM

That hurt, Jelly.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 AM

Well, there's no secret that there's no love lost between Menewsha and Kinsaki's former owner. I'm sure the new owner is doing their best to fix up all the things currently broken, but it's pretty rare that anyone talks about Kinsaki here, so I suppose we don't hear of any progress, really.

But the long and short of it is - no clue what's up with Kinsaki right now, sorry. ^^;

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-10-2009, 05:07 AM

Angel, why should it hurt you? It's not like Kinsaki is your site.

x-iByno
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 AM

Well I hate Kinsaki... You get like 1 point per Post... xD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-11-2009, 06:32 PM

ROFL! You can get more than 1 point per post x-iByno, you just have to be literate and make your posts more than one sentence long. So if that's your reason for hating it maybe you should give it another chance and try to actually be active. And umm, even if you make a little more gold here...it's worth about the same amount, when buying a past CI it's worth even less. What's the difference on making 4 gold or 1 point per post? Both of them can't get you dick in either sites stores. Also on kinskai the most anything has inflated is to like 2000 points, which is really easy to get if you play the games every day for a week and post a few times.

What happened was our coder was updating the data base getting it ready for something big, but I can't tell what. It was something Claire was talking about in February. ^_^ I'm excited about it. *wants to spill*

And Jelly, it probably hurt her the same way insulting someones religion does. No one owns the religion they're in, true, but it's more of a community like these avatar sites are. Insulting a community someone is a part of is like insulting them since it's "their" community.

I know I get mad whenever someone says "oh Menewsha, that's the avatar site where the heads are messed up and to big." and it's something I hear a lot on other sites unfortunately. I've stopped Trying to explain to them why we have cute avatars here, if they don't get the baby proportion cuteness thing we have here then to bad for them.

Rosamond
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-13-2009, 03:08 AM

I haven't been to Kinsaki but I agree with Nephila. People don't really like to hear insults about communities they belong to, even if they aren't the owner.

I haven't really heard about Menewsha until someone I know started listing avatar sites and I started checking them out. The heads here might be big but since the avatars have pretty faces they don't look bad.

Looking at Kinsaki their avatars don't look too bad. I don't need to join another avatar site though. ^^;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 PM

I joined Kinsaki when it first began and it looked kind of promising despite the lack of...everything due to the newness of the site. and then after the crash where everything was lost I stopped going on. I worked long and hard for the money for items that I had on that site and then they told everyone that they just had to earn everything back and I was like "forget this." I go back every now and then and I just find myself not liking the tiems and the the atmosphere in the forums is kind of...boring. But that's just my take on Kinsaki.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-15-2009, 12:44 AM

I almost left and didn't come back when the crash happened to, but then there was actaully an event about a month after the crash where everyone was given 500p AND when the donation items were put back into the system as well as the shop items they were super cheap like at most people were charging 200 p for a donation set. People who bought credits before the crash were all refunded. So a side from the forge and a couple of games most things had the opportunity to get back to normal. A lot of people didn't grab the opportunity though because they weren't around for that event.

For the boring part, yeah it's a slow moving forum. I don't really see it as being boring though. I prefer slow moving forums like kinsaki and Menewsha. I feel like if a place is to active you can't really have a good conversation. If I can't keep up with a conversation at hand I'll get discouraged and move on. Considering how many people are on it. I mostly only post in just a few threads or during events on both sites. Activity is what you make of it though. If you go out purposely looking for a conversation or just expect it to come to you can make a huge difference. I think that goes for all sites that don't have a "You can bump here" section.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 AM

@Nephila - when I was there it wasn't just like mene slow, which I love. It was like 20 times slower than mene. and most people were only active in the exchange and that was it. I was just upset because I had done a bunch of art for gold so I could get the monthly collectibles and then they told us we couldn't get our items back. It was like...I did that art for nothing. D: and there wasn't much keeping me there so I left. *sticks to mene*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM

I lost all my stuff that I did art for too, but I was lucky because the person I did it for had a conscious and gave me some of the credits they were refunded. What name did you used to go by? I wonder if I know your art.

For me I stick to Mene and kin. Other sites are either poorly run, have ugly avatars or are to big for their own good.

indigoat
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2009, 04:01 AM

It's been super interesting looking at what everyone's had to say about Kinsaki. xDDD

All the stuff you only learn if you talk about it with people on other sites... x3

Midnight Dream
From candle and grave, to global...

Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 PM

I absolutely love Kinsaki. I've only been playing for a few months, but I must say I love the events they have on there, the avatar bases, items, and pretty much everything overall. The people are also friendly as well ^^

LunarShinobi
Ah, yes, it's the crazy one... a...

Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 PM

I'm not a fan of Kinsaki. I mean, I love their avatars, they look great. And the games are okay, but it's just... stiff. There's none of the love you find in sites like Menewsha and Gaia. It's just so, blank and bare bones. And no one does anything on that site. I like Mene's pace, it's faster than Kinsaki but slow enough to know what happened.

That, and Kinsaki IS SO DANG EXPENSIVE. The Cash shop items outrank any other store, because not only are they pricy but they're single pose as well. >> I'm cheap in essence. Anyhooo.

I only like Kinsaki's Avatars. Other than that... ehhhhhhhhhh.

ladyceres
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to ladyceres

Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 AM

Kinsaki kind of blew it from me when they picked the mods; the mods don't really even do their job at least to me. I was reporting someone else's thread and they'd be like oh is this yours? When I read the reply I was just like wha?

I shouldn't be responsible for a thread that I didn't even start. The avatars are nice and the place is nice itself.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-29-2009, 05:33 AM

I *love* there avatars. I'm really glad that they took mene's route and made it like some sites where you have to pay to get your hair changed. I *hate* that on other sites... and for me it's actually a huge deciding factor on whether I stay in that community or not. I mean it's hard enough to quest for outfits never mind hairstyles and eyes.

I'm a fairly solitary person I guess so I don't mind that it's quiet, or dead to some.

Early on the mods were picked by Jarvis and friends of Jarvis. We still have one of his friends as an admin that in all intestine purposes does NOTHING on our site. Thank god our mods there have changed over time because I do remember back in the day how useless most of them were. Actually even to this day there are only about 3 mods/admins that in my opinion do anything worth mentioning.

I won't name who I think is cutting it and who I think isn't...because I'm prolly being watched. XD /paranoia FTW!

I don't mind there cash shop items, what I don't like (and when I was a mod I told everyone this) is when they have months with more than two items. Sometimes they'll have like these four item months and they just drive me around the bend. XD But being a collector I usually end up getting them anyway. >.< I'm such a sucker that way.

Gibbzey...x
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-12-2009, 11:40 AM

I have Kinsaki. My friends had it first and got me into it so now I have gotten into them and thought I would come check out other ones and this was one that I found :) I love the roleplays! They are awesome. Though some people on Kinsaki are quite nasty and they are really picky about rules and that, the mods don't even give you an excuse. Like if you accedently make a thread teh same as one allready made or as a question someone allready asked. They don't send you a nice mail like they do here they don't even say hi :(

PandaPon
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2009, 03:31 PM

I'd never heard of Kinsaki until Gibbzey's post in the Fresh Meat forum, so I decided to take a look. The avatars do look very nice and I was considering signing up there, but if the staff aren't very good then I think I'll just stick with Menewsha for now.

I do have one question though: is there an avatar simulator, like the MAC or Tektek, for Kinsaki? I'd like to play dress-up even if I have no intention of getting an account. XD;;

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 07-12-2009, 03:52 PM

I don't know of any, Panda. The best you could do is ask someone to screenshot their avatar.

PandaPon
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2009, 05:02 PM

That's okay. Thanks for answering. :) I'd tried google and found nothing but was hoping people who knoew about the site might know about a super-secret-awesome one? Haha. :'D

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 07-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Temmon was busy making one I believe, but I don't think she ever completed it.

@LunarShinobi: I don't think you're cheap. I love Mene's multiple poses, and think that they did it correctly. I don't like that gaia doesn't have multiple poses for items either, but I don't usually like more than one pose anyways.

Gibbzey...x
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 AM

YAY! I knew something someone else didn't lol :P

Nope Panda they don't have any TekTek things on kinsaki. If you want to play dress up you have to buy the item, it is rather suckish to be honest. the staff arent as bad as some of the people in Kinsaki, some are actually really nasty or self centred, and that annoys me :( ggrrrrr

:P

Elara
*^_^*
Banned

Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 PM

I agree. I got Kinsaki for a while but stopped going on it as the staff were actually really nasty. My sister also has an account on there and we notified the mods that two were on the same IP address. We also hooked up a friend at my house too and told them that they would only be on it once. They contacted me about two days later and said that there were 3 accounts on the same IP address and I had a warning. I then pointed out to them that I had told them about the accounts but that had really put me off. If they don't read their PM's what exactly am I expected to do? I haven't been on since.